muffy_duffy

Rocket, What would YOU like to see in DayZ?

Hello Rocket, I have been pretty active I guess for the last 2 days, thinking of ideas and such that I think would like to see in DayZ. In my latest idea, I had thought of a new layout for a bigger map, and another person had thought of a neat northern artic survival, and I'm soon going to be posting clothing that could work with survival on that scale....ANYWAYS.

A thought that had came to my mind is: what would Rocket like to see in Dayz?!

Now by all means you don't have to answer this as I know you and the Dev team have been working Very hard on updates and such, but if you choose to then thats good too!

So my formal question is, What would you like to see in future updates Mr.Rocket. =^)

P.S

I just wanted to say thanks for creating such a great game. I've never played a game that can amount to DayZ. Ever.

Thanks again

• Like 1

I also want to know..here's a small bump and hoping for an answer( or at least some close roadmap for march/april)

Edited by RespawnCake

it would be cool to have some sort idea of what they envision the end product to be :)

They are supposed to release a development roadmap sometime (of course I believe the original due date was last December...)

This would help answer y(our) questions.  

Edited by iBane

Hello there

There's lots of fun stuff they want to see in game but they cant mention it as either its under an NDA or they want to keep some surprises back.

R has covered before what he feels the game ought to be as an experience in several interviews.

If you want to know what new object will be in game, well there is a vague list but no specifics.

For example Vehicles. They want those back in, but not like they are in the mod or Arma and the whole Vehicle experience is being rethought and re designed.

What else are you after info wise?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

Yeah obviously you guys can't tell us much since it would spoil everything.

My big thing would be bases. We know there are plans for them but, wondering if we could say lock down green mountain as a base on a server or something like that? and have it be persistent in that server. I'd love to have one server where I can call home, build and survive with my friends.

Edited by escobert

Hello there

TBH there's a lot even I dont know about the production *gasp!*.

I know. Shocking isnt it?

I mainly get my info from the press releases, as you all do, and on what R lets slip in his skype chat (which is very little), despite reports to the contrary he is rather professional in his outlook. In fact the whole team are.

So I cant really bring any new "unknown" info to the table.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

What i really want to know(and i think many others too) is when should we expect to have more zombies in game?

Well, if I was to want any kind of information, it would be completely opinion based and his own personal thoughts. (Thus means this question does pertain to another players suggestion)

And if you'd like, your personal thoughts!

What are your guys thoughts on an extention to the chernarus map(or potentially a standalone map) on a snowy mountains or snow wasteland featuring artic survival? Or perhaps another type of environment such as (deserts and jungles) and the corresponding environmental survival tactics?

And thanks for a quick reply!

What i really want to know(and i think many others too) is when should we expect to have more zombies in game?

Hello there

You will very rarely get a timestamp on an item until its damn close to release, as they can bite you in the bum.

Zeds are being worked on and are being recreated codewise, so dont hold your breath.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Well, if I was to want any kind of information, it would be completely opinion based and his own personal thoughts. (Thus means this question does pertain to another players suggestion)

And if you'd like, your personal thoughts!

What are your guys thoughts on an extention to the chernarus map(or potentially a standalone map) on a snowy mountains or snow wasteland featuring artic survival? Or perhaps another type of environment such as (deserts and jungles) and the corresponding environmental survival tactics?

And thanks for a quick reply!

Hello there

The devs probably hate me for constantly posting these vids but Id like dynamic snow like this.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 2

yeah, some rugged mountainous terrain would be pretty cool, but I can wait for modders to do it, if that's what it comes down to.

Hello there

The devs probably hate me for constantly posting these vids but Id like dynamic snow like this.

Rdgs

LoK

I love that video!

DayZ with thick snowfall, 

having no more than a meter of visibility in front of you

would make for some crazy firefights when a blizzard kicks in in the middle of one.