TomatoSupra

Guns, Food and Water Spawns.

First time poster on here.

Figured i would put my two cents in.

Love the game, do not love the spawns. If you want to get anywhere in this game, you need to go to the airfields. Go ahead, dispute it. The fact is that if you hit one good airfield, or strip, you have enough guns, food and water to last you plenty hours of camping.

What the Devs need to do is Significantly reduce the food and water spawns at the airstrips to force campers to actually have to run around and search for food. (Crazy right?) By them doing this, i think it would even out the advantage of airstrip campers, and people who like to adventure around. On the subject of running around. For a guy that likes to explore, and be rewarded for exploring, put crappy guns and ammo at the airstrips, an give people rewards for running around. Put like shitty army rations at the military bases, and put full meals in the smaller cities.

One more thing. Make some custom lobby servers for team deathmatch/CTF/FFA for the people who only want to PVP. Let them spawn in with an M4 or something and then give them a certain number of spawns.

Again, love the game, but i think with these adjustments, we would see more of a survival game, and less of a first person shooter. :thumbsup:

First time poster on here.

Figured i would put my two cents in.

Love the game, do not love the spawns. If you want to get anywhere in this game, you need to go to the airfields. Go ahead, dispute it. The fact is that if you hit one good airfield, or strip, you have enough guns, food and water to last you plenty hours of camping.

What the Devs need to do is Significantly reduce the food and water spawns at the airstrips to force campers to actually have to run around and search for food. (Crazy right?) By them doing this, i think it would even out the advantage of airstrip campers, and people who like to adventure around. On the subject of running around. For a guy that likes to explore, and be rewarded for exploring, put crappy guns and ammo at the airstrips, an give people rewards for running around. Put like shitty army rations at the military bases, and put full meals in the smaller cities.

One more thing. Make some custom lobby servers for team deathmatch/CTF/FFA for the people who only want to PVP. Let them spawn in with an M4 or something and then give them a certain number of spawns.

Again, love the game, but i think with these adjustments, we would see more of a survival game, and less of a first person shooter. :thumbsup:

Airstrips..especially military base airstrips are supposed to have a lot of firearms and other supplies in them. Hence the word "base". Your second suggestion has no place in dayz. Halo, Call of Duty, and Battlefield suit those needs. This game is focused on survival.

Airstrips..especially military base airstrips are supposed to have a lot of firearms and other supplies in them. Hence the word "base". Your second suggestion has no place in dayz. Halo, Call of Duty, and Battlefield suit those needs. This game is focused on survival.

You're missing the point of my agrument. Im saying, make some lobbies available for people who only want to PVP, but make the better equiptment harder to find in regular lobbies. How is this a survival game, when you dont have to leave a single spot on the map? And as soon as you grab all the food on one server, you know that you can just server hop and find it in the exact same spot. That isnt a survival game to me, that is a "Whoever has played the most Call of Duty and knows how to camp wins" kind of game.

• Like 1

Tomato, I agree with you in that airstrips sometimes have far too much stuff in them.  However, on the subject of a completely PvP mode, Alexei put it best.  This game is NOT for that purpose.

I'm really looking forward to the developers making it even more rewarding to scavenge for supplies (rare stuff in rarely checked areas, for example).

• Like 1

You're missing the point of my agrument. Im saying, make some lobbies available for people who only want to PVP, but make the better equiptment harder to find in regular lobbies. How is this a survival game, when you dont have to leave a single spot on the map? And as soon as you grab all the food on one server, you know that you can just server hop and find it in the exact same spot. That isnt a survival game to me, that is a "Whoever has played the most Call of Duty and knows how to camp wins" kind of game.

In a survival situation, would you not find a great location and stay put?  I know that once the place ran out of food, you would want to move on, but right now harvesting your own meat and vegetables is not implemented as it would be available in real life.

i don't camp on CoD but still come first on almost every game :D no need for camping, this said this is a game of survival and their is no need for a secondary combat based game. Also i can easily gear up in 20 minutes or less without going near the airfields.

Play to survive.

Hello, Tomato and welcome to the forums.

Going to airfields to get weapons isn't always a good idea since you can get them from safer places, going to an army base also always puts you into a greater danger than many villages and towns.

This is not Call of Duty, you can make yourself a private server and ask people to only play it your way, but making public lobbies strict to one "game mode" would be simply stupid IMO.

In a survival situation, would you not find a great location and stay put?  I know that once the place ran out of food, you would want to move on, but right now harvesting your own meat and vegetables is not implemented as it would be available in real life.

In a survival situation, you wouldnt be able to switch servers. So right out of the gate that argument doesnt work. Im just saying, they need to spread things out, and force people to run inland rather than just sticking around the coast. Because right now, if you run inland, you are pretty screwed if a pack of bandits run up to you.

Hello, Tomato and welcome to the forums.

Going to airfields to get weapons isn't always a good idea since you can get them from safer places, going to an army base also always puts you into a greater danger than many villages and towns.

This is not Call of Duty, you can make yourself a private server and ask people to only play it your way, but making public lobbies strict to one "game mode" would be simply stupid IMO.

Yeah, and i think you guys have the right idea, but right now, there just isnt enough pressure on people who just run around and kill. Your hunger and thirst does not kill you fast enough to make them actually scavange for food and water. And again, they always know exactly how far away an airstrip is if they ever needed it.

Maybe once we see desieses and other ways to die when you stay put too long, we will see some better gameplay.

I imagine the game will become more of a survival simulator when more content gets added. Also, more guns and ammo types will mean more searching before you find a weapon and bullets that are compatible (hopefully). Furthermore, there probably WILL BE dedicated PVP servers at somepoint, but hopefully those will be private hives that are not linked to the public (survival) servers.

I dont know why people think they should add team death match. Mods will be adding that like the day they come out.

Tomato i agree with your first argument, but as i said some time ago, we should remember this is an alpha version.

I'm pretty sure that spawning gear in focused places and therefore making up a pvp zone in certain areas is strategic in this phase, as if you're in search for some player interaction you will know where to go. Most of server actually host about 10 players at once (often less, or we may have a 35 peak), and should the game force people wandering around in that huge map, causing lots of dispersion, could cause people quitting the game imo. At least, this would have been my concern in devs shoes.

However, understood that, i'm the guy keeping far distance between me and the airfields, and i'm still having fun, and i've shot 5 bullets in 1 month (4 for test, 1 to actually kill something).

Again, sorry for my english, have fun, and be patient ;)

• Like 1

However, understood that, i'm the guy keeping far distance between me and the airfields, and i'm still having fun, and i've shot 5 bullets in 1 month (4 for test, 1 to actually kill something).

I can seriously relate to this.

Tomato i agree with your first argument, but as i said some time ago, we should remember this is an alpha version.

I'm pretty sure that spawning gear in focused places and therefore making up a pvp zone in certain areas is strategic in this phase, as if you're in search for some player interaction you will know where to go. Most of server actually host about 10 players at once (often less, or we may have a 35 peak), and should the game force people wandering around in that huge map, causing lots of dispersion, could cause people quitting the game imo. At least, this would have been my concern in devs shoes.

Again, sorry for my english, have fun, and be patient ;)

Yes, that is true. And i understand that this stuff is happening. However, i think they should, for the time being, make some Pvp servers where people can go buck wild on each other with guns, and they should have maybe like zombie survival servers. The zombie ones will have HUGE hordes of zombies and better weapon spawns, whereas the pvp one will have limited spawns, but everything will be clumped together at the airfields. This way, people can go around and kill people if they find that rewarding, or they can kill zombies and get awesome loot if they find that rewarding.

And i get that its in alpha, thats why i am in the suggestions thread :)