Sign in to follow this  
Janeral

Animal Companions& Vehicle Inventory

Hey Guys!

Okay so this is just a basic idea right now, buti thought about two additions to the game.

1.) Animal Companions

I think there should be animal companions, like Dogs, Chickens, Snakes, Cats.. those you'd find in the area basically. The reason for this is that i think since side channel was removed the players need some company on their journey to not "die of loneliness" - think Will Smith in "I Am Legend". These companions should, of course, not be given to the player initially, he has to find them so that he values them more when he gets them. I think zombies should have a drop chance for various animal companions (or items like Dog Whistle, Snake Cage...). Some should be more rare than others. Basically like this:

Animal: Dropchance

Chicken: 6%

Cat:5%

Dog:4%

Snake ( needs to be a big one so you can see it): 0.5%

so players have something to search for, think of it as kind of an "endgame addition". Having a snake as a companion might demonstrate that you have lived very long or are very experienced - or just had luck of course.

2.) Vehicle "Inventory"

I think we should apply a similar concept to vehicles. As of now, if you find a vehicle, its easy to lose it because of engine failures, other players stealing it or crashes. I think that it should be possible to kind of "carry them around". Like this: you find a vehicle in the open and repair it, after you've done so you can put the keys in your inventory. From that point on you can "summon" your vehicle at any point of the map. Of course this should take some time to simulate the player getting the vehicle. This would greatly reduce stress and help players get around more easily on this huge map.

There are some other things i've thought about, but i still need some time.. here's just a small brainstorm of my other ideas:

"Bank of Chernarus" - Basically an institution where you can drop off a certain number of items (4-5) to pick them up on your next respawn. Should require some kind of payment.

"Heli-Points" - Helicopters standing around in some major cities like Cherno and Elektro, Berezino and maybe the NW Airfield. You could "hire" them to fly you around between these cities. Would simulate ex-military pilots trying to survive?

Cooking - As of now there's only canned food and cooked meat. I thought that maybe we could add recipes that your character can learn to create more delicious food - after all there are a lot of fresh ingredients in the wilderness, or dried spices in people's houses. These special foods could give you short-term advantages, like faster running maybe..?

thank you for reading this guys xD

Janeral

I think animals would give away your position more often.

Can I eat the dog once I have befriended it?

I usually like pets in games but I don't think it's needed in this game.

Summoning your vehicles to your location is too easy and unappealing. I like the idea of keys though so you're the only one that can drive it until someone kills you and takes them... But I also like highjacking other peoples vehicles so I wouldn't support this idea.

The cooking seems like a good idea.

I don't support the bank or heli-points.

The map really isn't that big.

I really hope your vehicle, heli-point and bank ideas are never implemented in DayZ.

I would definately stop playing.

The other two don't appeal to me, but I wouldn't care either way if they were in the game. Certainly if animal companions were introduced I would hope that I could kill them. Would serve as a good warning to people treading on my turf.

I don't care about the animal as long as they dont attack or do anything (this isn't WoW)

Bank? Who the hell is going to maintain a bank in a Zombie apocalypse? Bankers will eat your brains, money isn't valuable anymore. So whats the point?

Ex-Pilots trying to survive won't waste their gas picking you up.

But being able to keep your vehicle? Hell no. Spawning vehicles anywhere in map? No. Having a FUCKING CAR in your backpack? No. Holy shit. No

i hoped someone would notice that i was trolling. I took like Pets, Flightpaths and the Bankf rom WoW and changed it a bit.. the sad thing is there are people who actually want stuff like this :/

Oddly enough, I seem to remember Rocket saying he'd like to implement dogs.

Fairies grant wishes?

Honestly, I think it could create an interesting dynamic if you choose to have a dog but it would really only be useful for PvZ. Resource finding, zombie spotting, etc. I suppose it might be possible to have a dog that could latch onto a player preventing movement but, well, what are the odds of finding a trained attack dog in an apocalypse?

i hoped someone would notice that i was trolling.

I got it aroung the part when zombies started dropping dog whistles and 'snake-cages'. :)

Well played, good sir.

I like the idea of cooking more things. Just think about it. You could make your very own Steak au poivre, Choux à la crème, hell, even make a fuckin' Blanquette de veau.

Hell no.