Sign in to follow this  
MarchmelloMan

Your general looting experience

Hey Survivors,

I guess we can confirm, that most of us are using a map (like the one from DayZDB) and most of us have some spots in their mind where they know, they have a very high chance to get sth, especially concerning weapons and their scopes.

This is not for posting general looting routes, but for posting your real hot spots where you found your best weapons.

For me it is:

- Tech buildings at the airfields

- In Elektro: In the 3. floor of the school I have ALWAYS found a primary weapon when zombies were around/server was fresh (about 6 times), so I guess there is a 100% chance that a primary spawns

- The big building with 3 floors on the southwestern side of Elektro, very high chance for primary weapons, I think almost 100% when it is not looted yet

That are my hotspots. Buildings where I have found also a primary weapon, but not by a really high chance are factories

Especially the scopes I think are very hard to find, I never found that sniper scope for mosin, but mosin itself several times.

Greetings!

Edited by MarchmelloMan

I always run into the shipwreck first; not only for the raincoat, but it sometimes spawns food and guns and such.

Then I sneak into one of the airfields, and grab some better weapons/ammo to defend myself, as well as an ever so useful mountain backpack. (Btw I've only ever died at the NW airfield once; it's super easy to stay concealed and safe)

Edited by Geckofrog7

Construction sites, one stop shopping for everything, always get at least a melee weapon, some ammo and a backpack, sometimes firearms and attachments.

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 1

I don't use the DB; I try to refrain from metagaming as much as I can (although I do lookup which foods/drinks are the best, how to fight disease, and firearm stats, not going to lie). Because I don't use a map to navigate, I don't really have names for anywhere...

...but there's a spawn that is seemingly in the middle of nowhere. If you run up the road in the direction you are facing at-spawn you'll come across an empty house with usually 1 zombie and a well. If you don't mind crawling for a few minutes, it's a great way to get rid of thirst immediately. If you keep running in that direction, there's another house, without zombies. I don't know what the building type is; it's the kind with the screened-in entrance. The kitchen has a shelf and a table with pretty good odds of spawning fresh fruit and soda, if not a canteen (in which case you can run all the way back to the first house and fill up!).

Still going in that direction, there's a road that runs east-west (I think? Never used a compass to find out). There's a few industrial buildings (I usually get a fire hydrant as my first weapon :( ) or you can run east and find 5-6 houses with another water pump + a few zombies. I usually avoid this if my previous looting was satisfactory.

Still running in the same direction, now into the woods, you'll eventually come across a medium-sized town (I've never seen another player in it, and zombie spawns have been broken since release; it's the perfect safe-haven, unfortunately) with a hospital. That should take care of a few more needs. Three apartment buildings = almost guaranteed backpack.

Still running in the same direction, albeit a little more easternly, there's an under-construction building with 2 farm buildings around it. Great place to get a hiking backpack and either a fireaxe or firearm.

Now if you run straight north, you hit one of the airfields (I don't know which one) and can loot at the military-level if you are feeling confident enough. Otherwise you can run right and find the crashed ship. Loot that, and head along the coast to Skalitzky (is that the town by the wreck?). There will be another hospital and firehouses to loot to your heart's content. Keep running along the coast and you'll arrive in Elektro or Cherno all geared up.

I know all of those instructions are extremely terrible and too vague, but that's what I do. I seem to get that spawn 99% of the time, and mostly avoid players even on full, daytime servers. I usually go avoid Elektro and go to Cherno, where a couple of sheds behind one of the apartment buildings tend to be full of helmets, spray cans, tools (most importantly can openers! ---if I haven't found one yet), and scopes/etc for my weapons.

I am a Berezino hunter.  I move through the area near the hospital, hitting the cafe's and the taverns around there.  I then move to the various piano uildings and the school in town.  Most of the time you can get an SKS, shotgun, M4, or a Mosin at the very least.  I hit the construction site, then run to the inland construction site and Polana.  By then, I am generally fairly well geared (though no military gear unless I got a rare M4).

For me I find that the best hot spots are any loot location after a server restart... or any other town besides this one that has been looted dry damnit! ;)

Chapaevsk has a school, hospital and a jail where you can get weapons and attachements and its rarely looted because everyone runs to Balota.

Chernogorsk (Yephoropck) - Close to balota (left of elektro)

People rarely loot there and u can almost always expect to find stuff.