infiltrator

Why do zombies spawn out of thin air (experimental)

I warned you guys last week how fake and stupid the respawning of zeds was gonna be.

I think what people are getting at, Irish, is that the patch just happened and it's the immediate bellyaching. That's what the testing is for, to see how it works, not bitch and whine about it. If it's working, make a post stating why and what improvements. If it's not working make a post stating why and again, improvements. Making posts stating it's stupid, reroll back to last patch is not constructive .

I normally don't disagree with you Caboose, but I feel you're missing the point of the annoyance from people such as Irish.

No one cares if a mechanic is broken if it's a known issue and being worked on. The problem is they added in a feature that exacerbates the issue in question.

It's like building a car and knowing that there is a major problem with the brakes, so you decide to implement a higher top speed and then wonder why all your testers are a little annoyed when they're crashing everywhere.

Zombies are broken. Utterly broken, and we have to deal with it until they figure out how to fix them. The answer, however, was not to make them start materializing 2 feet from players every 10 seconds.

The feedback we're giving is "respawn isn't working as intended" followed by "respawning hordes of zombies is stupid if they don't even work right"

• Like 2

I warned you guys last week how fake and stupid the respawning of zeds was gonna be.

They respawned in the mod and it worked great. No one has a problem with the mechanic, in and of itself. You're just s giant hater who I believe is somehow involved with Infestation. For a game you hate, you spend an AWFUL lot of your time on these forums trying to convince people not to play.

I normally don't disagree with you Caboose, but I feel you're missing the point of the annoyance from people such as Irish.

No one cares if a mechanic is broken if it's a known issue and being worked on. The problem is they added in a feature that exacerbates the issue in question.

It's like building a car and knowing that there is a major problem with the brakes, so you decide to implement a higher top speed and then wonder why all your testers are a little annoyed when they're crashing everywhere.

Zombies are broken. Utterly broken, and we have to deal with it until they figure out how to fix them. The answer, however, was not to make them start materializing 2 feet from players every 10 seconds.

The feedback we're giving is "respawn isn't working as intended" followed by "respawning hordes of zombies is stupid if they don't even work right"

:thumbsup:  :)

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, to each their own.  I personally have no issues with the spawning infected because I already knew what issues are with them.  They are the least of my concern.  What I do have an issue with tho is people constantly coming on to the forums with non constructive criticism which is what this thread is.  Bitching and moaning accomplishes nothing and brings in full flame wars.  The childish temper tantrums that have been spewed forth in the forums is absolutely disgusting and I feel sorry for the moderators here.  

Now, for the infected spawning we are here to test how the mechanics work and give feed back on what they can do to improve it while they still flush out the walking through walls issues.  Those are two totally separate entities being worked on and throwing a temper tantrum on the forums to have them removed is not constructive at all.

typed thoughts 

Complains about complaining.. #winning

Edited by lrish

Complains about complaining.. #winning

Like I said, you can't post anything constructive but childish rants.  Good day sir  :)

It was very constructive. You just don't like the message it conveys. 

Except it's not a whining thread. I really want to know what kind of data devs are hoping to collect by having people deal with magical zombies.

I understand. But a lot of people come here assuming it is. And I tried to point out why people might think that. ;)

they're there to rape you when you're dumb enough to fire a gun inside a town

Edited by Duenan

Same engine as the mod, same problems.

Welcome to dayz.

works good in breaking point- zombies spawn in houses then come jogging out the doors ,. In fact breaking point is a good example of 'how to do zombies' in arma

Nice choice of words, you disrespectful shitbox.

• Like 1

They also aggro you when you don't move, open food, go prone or try to log out.

I've run through Elektro in front of zeds and they don't move. Other times I'll be in a building basically AFK talking to someone on the phone. I don't move an inch for 5 minutes. Then all of the sudden 3 zombies wall hack and rush me and I have to scramble to move.

There is no reliable way to tell when a zed aggroes or not, or from what distance.

Nice choice of words, you disrespectful shitbox.

While this is wildly off topic, the use of the word "rape" in gaming culture to convey 1337 pwnage has been a real uphill battle.

Telling someone not to do something, online, generally results in its usage 100x more. It doesn't matter how sound your arguments is, or how politely you convey it, because the prevailing attitude is "you can't tell me what to do".

Calling them a shitbox usually doesn't get the desired outcome.

Irish, im with you m8.

Ive had my mature opinion on broken mechanics and band aid solutions just shat on multiple times on the Mod and SA forums. Typically by die hard fanboys who think we should just shut up and enjoy alpha haha.

i love the game and am plenty happy with the progress, but fuck if you try to express anything negative about the mechanics of this game.

if you complain about KOS or wall hacks its ok...but if you bad mouth the zombie mechanic or anything dean says WATCH OUT BRA

hahaha

Edited by deebz1234

i thought the Z in "DayZ" was for zombies, iguess i was wrong :/

dont care how they spawn, as long as they get in more of them.  

HORDES ftw

But back the Z in DAYZ

Edited by Nerxerus

i thought the Z in "DayZ" was for zombies, iguess i was wrong :/

dont care how they spawn, as long as they get in more of them.

HORDES ftw

But back the Z in DAYZ

What if guns were busted because hit boxes and damage were wildly broken? What if every bullet was a OHKO as long as you were sorta aiming in their general direction?

Would you rather they fixed this OR suddenly increased gun and ammo spawn rate? The latter would surely cause a lot of distress to even the most diehard fans.

What if guns were busted because hit boxes and damage were wildly broken? What if every bullet was a OHKO as long as you were sorta aiming in their general direction?

Would you rather they fixed this OR suddenly increased gun and ammo spawn rate? The latter would surely cause a lot of distress to even the most diehard fans.

well i dont see the big issue about the zeds, yes they walk through walls and they can see u from a long distance. 

do you feel that they pose any threat at all? i mean aren't you experienced enough to overcome they way they behave as of now?

more zombies in the zombie game is what im saying. make them many and badass

Edited by Nerxerus

well i dont see the big issue about the zeds, yes they walk through walls and they can see u from a long distance.

do you feel that they pose any threat at all? i mean aren't you experienced enough to overcome they way they behave as of now?

more zombies in the zombie game is what im saying. make them many and badass

I understand, don't worry. I agree too! I want roving hoards that are indeed a threat.

My issue is that tthe current zombies are the biggest threat when you're trying to log out, or you're being stalked by a team of asshole KOSers. This is because they love to aggro randomly. I had a guy fire on me with his three buddies. All of the sudden 2 zeds clipped through a shed I was hiding in and proceeded to attack ME, despite those guys being the ones that fired (I had been very quite, and crawling slow).

Again, with the game being a work in progress a lot of BS will happen. The only thing we complain about is the feeling that the team is only making one issue worse by including more features into a broken mechanic.

• Like 2

How about..

Instead of posting about things we don't like in the forum we report them on the feedback page?

If it has already been posted there, that means they are aware of the glitch/bug and are working on it, so then you can just upvote it.

Take your above example with getting aggro'd by two zombies when two people are shooting at you. Report that. Alert them to this so they have something to go on.

In my opinion too few people bother to report things like that, and instead come on here and post. And that's when it's interpreted as "whining" or "complaining" instead of "constructive feedback".

While this is wildly off topic, the use of the word "rape" in gaming culture to convey 1337 pwnage has been a real uphill battle.

Telling someone not to do something, online, generally results in its usage 100x more. It doesn't matter how sound your arguments is, or how politely you convey it, because the prevailing attitude is "you can't tell me what to do".

Calling them a shitbox usually doesn't get the desired outcome.

Well, the only way to stem such behavior is to speak up against it. Staying quiet about something like that only makes you part of the problem. Basically someone misusing a phrase such as being raped to describe losing in a game doesn't understand the real meaning of it, and how utterly horrible it is for someone who is exposed to such abuse irl. There have been plenty of articles written on "rape culture" as it exists in the gaming world, and the first step must always be to explain to a person using that concept to describe something else that they shouldn't do it. Sure a lot of people will do it more just out of spite, but some will get the point and think once or twice before doing it again. So it's baby steps, and no-one really wants to be socially incompetent, and plenty of people just say stuff because they heard others say it, without considering what it means. And that's what we have to work with. Making those people aware that it's not socially acceptable, and remind those that already knows this in the back of their heads.

Edited by Strawman

I understand, don't worry. I agree too! I want roving hoards that are indeed a threat.

My issue is that tthe current zombies are the biggest threat when you're trying to log out, or you're being stalked by a team of asshole KOSers. This is because they love to aggro randomly. I had a guy fire on me with his three buddies. All of the sudden 2 zeds clipped through a shed I was hiding in and proceeded to attack ME, despite those guys being the ones that fired (I had been very quite, and crawling slow).

Again, with the game being a work in progress a lot of BS will happen. The only thing we complain about is the feeling that the team is only making one issue worse by including more features into a broken mechanic.

Similar thing happened to me yesterday. Buddy was being taled by a zombie as he was retreating from 2 guys shooting him, I ready up and get in a position to shoot them as the buddy retreats to me. Before I even get to shoot a zombie that was after him is now attacking me. I think ok, fine, this is unexpected as I didn't shoot but I pull out my axe and kill it (I don't want to shoot and let the assaliants know there's 2 of us). So I get ready for them, when all of a sudden a zombie spanwed RIGHT BEHIND ME - from the area that we already cleared and starts wacking at me and of course bleeding me as well.

Like I said, I'd really, REALLY like to know what the devs expect to gain by implementing this mechanic and letting it roll for more than a week.

Similar thing happened to me yesterday. Buddy was being taled by a zombie as he was retreating from 2 guys shooting him, I ready up and get in a position to shoot them as the buddy retreats to me. Before I even get to shoot a zombie that was after him is now attacking me. I think ok, fine, this is unexpected as I didn't shoot but I pull out my axe and kill it (I don't want to shoot and let the assaliants know there's 2 of us). So I get ready for them, when all of a sudden a zombie spanwed RIGHT BEHIND ME - from the area that we already cleared and starts wacking at me and of course bleeding me as well.

Like I said, I'd really, REALLY like to know what the devs expect to gain by implementing this mechanic and letting it roll for more than a week.

How about instead of complaining about it you come up with a solution.  Such as, "Only start the respawn cycle 3- 5 minutes after the area is cleared of the number of zombies it starts with."

How about..

Instead of posting about things we don't like in the forum we report them on the feedback page?

If it has already been posted there, that means they are aware of the glitch/bug and are working on it, so then you can just upvote it.

Take your above example with getting aggro'd by two zombies when two people are shooting at you. Report that. Alert them to this so they have something to go on.

In my opinion too few people bother to report things like that, and instead come on here and post. And that's when it's interpreted as "whining" or "complaining" instead of "constructive feedback".

Well, the only way to stem such behavior is to speak up against it. Staying quiet about something like that only makes you part of the problem. Basically someone misusing a phrase such as being raped to describe losing in a game doesn't understand the real meaning of it, and how utterly horrible it is for someone who is exposed to such abuse irl. There have been plenty of articles written on "rape culture" as it exists in the gaming world, and the first step must always be to explain to a person using that concept to describe something else that they shouldn't do it. Sure a lot of people will do it more just out of spite, but some will get the point and think once or twice before doing it again. So it's baby steps, and no-one really wants to be socially incompetent, and plenty of people just say stuff because they heard others say it, without considering what it means. And that's what we have to work with. Making those people aware that it's not socially acceptable, and remind those that already knows this in the back of their heads.

I wasn't suggesting we keep quiet. I was suggesting getting mad and calling them a shitbox won't usually (USUALLY) enlighten them to their errors.

How about instead of complaining about it you come up with a solution. Such as, "Only start the respawn cycle 3- 5 minutes after the area is cleared of the number of zombies it starts with."

People have. I think you're focusing too much on people discussing their displeasure, rather than the constructive feedback.

If you don't want to hear bitching thread, don't respond. All it does is cause more "bitching" as well as turning it into a flame thread.

Unfortunately I too get caught up in responding when I hate someone's OP

People have. I think you're focusing too much on people discussing their displeasure, rather than the constructive feedback.

If you don't want to hear bitching thread, don't respond. All it does is cause more "bitching" as well as turning it into a flame thread.

Unfortunately I too get caught up in responding when I hate someone's OP

Yes, because screaming, "REMOVE NAO!!!" is constructive feedback, right?