Sign in to follow this  
michaelbeta

Chernarus++: No area left behind!

Keep in mind that a huge jail is coming up and if the new renderer works out, probably also a sewer system under a city, secret underground base and caves in rocks.

Maybe a completely destroyed town, doesnt need to be big, but would really be awesome! You take all my beans, very nice post

That already exists, it's called Kumyrna, and it's been there since the days of ArmA 2.

DayZ-Helicopter-Kumyrna.jpgIt's likely a bombed out relic from the insurgency between the ChZDk and CDF, although the town is bombed out by the time the USMC arrives. It's slightly north of Mogilevka, in the range of Stary Sobor. There's a small road that runs straight through it, but the town itself is just rubble & shells of former buildings, as well as the crumbling church, which holds an unmarked  Eastern Orthodox graveyard outside. There's also one small green/red house sitting on the road not far from the town, and it's completely unscathed.

The Mi-8 wreck was added in the standalone, though, so its possible that the lore of Kumyrna could be expanded for DayZ's liking.

• Like 2

Ivan Buchta explained it pretty well; if they made the map nothing but a bun

Here is another idea. Power Plant. Where do these wire towers lead? Where does Chernarus get it's power from? The area would be large enough to hold decent loot while a perfect spot for bandits. The loot could include some low-tier military loot (nothing extremely special), good clothing, tools, backpacks and equipment as well as some food, water and a high probability for vehicles or parts.

AES_140213.jpg

Dams. It gets power from one of the (multiple) dams.

I'd like to see more wrecked ships out in the ocean. Get a boat or swim out to them, or use them as a base.

The aircraft carrier (Albeit, junked) from the arma 2 campaign would be nice.

I'd like this. And more Marine gear. I want my MARPAT

Maybe a completely destroyed town, doesnt need to be big, but would really be awesome! You take all my beans, very nice post

Kumnyra. It's SW of Guglovo, nightmarish little place destroyed in the civil war. Don't go there at night, it spawns a shit-ton of zombies.

and M16A4.

Listen OP, I understand what you mean. But we don't need a map full of tourist attractions. Not everything is interesting- we're playing in the poorest, most rural province of an already poor country. Besides, it's not been too long since SHTF chronologically. Even Ivan Buchta, the creator of original Chernarus and primary designer behind Chernarus+, said he wants some interesting places and some boring places. Currently, I think the middle of the map should be kept relatively rural, so they don't overdevelop it.

Listen OP, I understand what you mean. But we don't need a map full of tourist attractions. Not everything is interesting- we're playing in the poorest, most rural province of an already poor country. Besides, it's not been too long since SHTF chronologically. Even Ivan Buchta, the creator of original Chernarus and primary designer behind Chernarus+, said he wants some interesting places and some boring places. Currently, I think the middle of the map should be kept relatively rural, so they don't overdevelop it.

Actually you have a good point. Part of the improvement of the map should also include making places more barren and poor looking. But even these places could be improved aesthetically to look boring and rural.

• Like 1

Actually you have a good point. Part of the improvement of the map should also include making places more barren and poor looking. But even these places could be improved aesthetically to look boring and rural.

Cities are too clean for me.. Need to add more destroyed house (burn houses?), with dead corpse and more grass and vegetation in the cities.

I'm pretty sure the map makers are focusing on North at the moment, but they also probably will do bigger things than just adding a few police stations in the "old" areas.

I've seen some good suggestions though, old factories could be interesting, just needs more loot than the existing industrial areas, they are pretty much useless

Needs bigger tree stands so that you don't fall out of it and die because you're wearing a large backpack.

How about a large carnival tent to honor the circus of clueless noobs I'll snipe there.

Maybe a horse track or stadium. Something interesting yet large, open, and easier to code.

Edited by Parazight

I think they should expand the map outwards by a few KM, and leave that new area as just countryside with a few villages of different sizes etc.