Sign in to follow this  
dsR_

Cant see people on long distance ?

Hey,

First of all I want to say that as soon as I installed DayZ and I jumped into game, I changed in my documents to next values:

sceneComplexity=150000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=1600;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1000;

I got new PC so now I have i7 4770k @ 3.9, GTX770 2GB and 8GB DDR3 at 1600mhz. But I wanted higher FPS without realizing that on distance I cant actually see normal person. I'm seeing only shadow or lines around him, it's completely unnoticable.

What do I need to change to be able to see people far in dinstance even more ?

I checked ingame settings but I dont see anything which would change that.

Atm I'm getting 50fps in Cherno/Electro and 70-150 on fields.

Hey,

First of all I want to say that as soon as I installed DayZ and I jumped into game, I changed in my documents to next values:

sceneComplexity=150000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=1600;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1000;

should be the last change you did. 1000 --> Only objects which are within 1000 meters to you are being generated by the game

And WTF with your specs you should be able to play the game without any of these tweaks.

I mean I have an i5 @ 2,5 GHz, 8GB Ram and a GT 740M and I get max 40 fps on fields with all these tweaks so be glad when you have more than 20 in Cherno WITHOUT tweaks.

I'm usually streaming or I should say preparing to stream DayZ finally since I got new PC so I want everything tweaked with max FPS as I can get. I always had bad PC's and now I'm kinda addicted to those numbers. And that 60fps "limit" is kinda killing me since there are drops in cities :)

Ok thanks, I will be changing that to 2000 and see how that works. I cant really see big differences with sceneComplexity between 150 000 and 250 000 for example but on default it was 750 000 wtf ?

Also I'm not using shadows neither clouds on daytime servers so shadowzdistance I guess isnt important.

Thanks once again i will be trying that.

Edited by dsR_

You can't see object beyond 2/3 of what the server has set unless they changed that to full distance. You can't override it on the client side.

You can't see object beyond 2/3 of what the server has set unless they changed that to full distance. You can't override it on the client side.

I was making sure that I'm not with settings which are giving me disadvantage. If server have 500 visibility range for all players i'm fine with that.

@Silentine, not streaming DayZ at the moment, but other games which I'm doing for my youtube channel I'm streaming. You can find me easily by googling "dsr07mm", even though I never advertised myself and still got those numbers.

As of the players not showing from far.I have that too, even when I put all graphics on high, I can see zombies for really really far, but not players.Players clothes just vanish when they go far, all i see is a running white dot.

I think its from the development of the game itself.Probably will be optimized once they polish the game more.

As of the players not showing from far.I have that too, even when I put all graphics on high, I can see zombies for really really far, but not players.Players clothes just vanish when they go far, all i see is a running white dot.

I think its from the development of the game itself.Probably will be optimized once they polish the game more.

Thanks for explaining me that, I thought that I'm the only one.