Sign in to follow this  
Purplez

Cannot equip anything

Hello, i Bought Arma 2, and Operation Arrowhead form steam, Installed them both, then installed DayZ. I can play the game (Run from Zombies,Find loot,Die) But i cannot Equip anything or use anything in my Gear or Bag. This is very frustrating and any help would be appreciated.

-Additional Info: I manually installed the game.

Are you invisible in third person and do you have a debug monitor?

Have no tried out third person yet, not a fan of it.

But I do have a debug monitor.

Could you at least just press enter on a server that allows it to see if you are lol, and what exactly are you clicking when trying to use stuff in your bag

No I am not invisible in third person. and if I am right clicking on a item lets just say a can of soda it will flash the green box that says Drink soda or whatever and it will go behind the boxes and I cannot click it. Happens with every item unless there on the very right side of the Gear screen.

I just tried launching it from Combined operations and then six launcher now nothing comes up when right clicked??

I had the same problem, to fix it I just installed the updated beta-patch (found here www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php ) and run through the Launcher and the bug was fixed.

Try it, wish you good luck ;]

I just did that and I got into a game and it worked! but it was very dark and i could hardly see anything so I disconnected to join a different server and now i cannot get into any servers, I get stuck at a loading screen..... seems like i am getting endless problems here.

The Very dark problem is because it was night... You have a lantern in your toolbelt, just use it...

The problem to can't connect to any server, maybe you just need to wait, DayZ need some time to start.