Sign in to follow this  
Froznic

Shift not working?

Sometimes my character gets stuck going too fast and I'm not able to toggle it on and off either by double tapping or holding down shift. It appears that the faster speed is stuck in the on position. This causes me to run when I stand up, or go to fast when I'm crouched or crawling and I end up aggroing zombies. How do I fix this? It's such a critical issue and I can't find that anyone else has ran into this problem on these forums. Any idea how to fix it? I have default key bindings.

Do you mean that your character is running when you are standing up, and walking when holding shift?

I think what you are looking for is to doubble tap right mouse button (i think it is) which makes it the other way around.

I just turned off the double-tap feature in the controls config to stop this from happening.

I had the same issue with shift, being able to use it at first to change my speed and then it suddenly stops working.

For me I found out that for some reason it was linked to switching between first and third player view using enter.

Next time it happens just try and switch views and back again. See if it works for you.

Chances are it wont though as this is a very bizzare thing.

Notes: using windows 7 64 bit and G15 keyboard.

Kuckeli: yes sometimes it does run when I stand up and walking when holding shift. I wish there was some icon that tells you what you have it currently set to, would probably alleviate some of these issues. Maybe some tennis-shoes when it's on and slippers when it's off or w/e, you know what I mean.

enablerbr: I'll try turning double tap off (because that could be part of the problem also) but it's nice to not have to hold down shift when you're running through a field or w/e. Maybe i'll have to change that keybind to something else.

Molten: I'm using win 7 64 bit with a generic keyboard/mouse. But I do use 3rd person hitting enter so it could be linked to that.

UPDATE: So I tried changing my double tap shift to numlock so that there's no chance double tapping could be screwing it up and it's made no difference. I still can't slowly crawl, only the normal speed. I can stand and slow walk/toggle, and crouch/toggle speed but not crawl. Sometimes this issue has been stuck on crouching and going faster or slower. Where I was stuck on only being able to go fast. No idea how to fix this. I've closed the game completely. Going to try and reboot but that better not fix it.

I had the same issue with shift, being able to use it at first to change my speed and then it suddenly stops working.

For me I found out that for some reason it was linked to switching between first and third player view using enter.

Next time it happens just try and switch views and back again. See if it works for you.

Chances are it wont though as this is a very bizzare thing.

Notes: using windows 7 64 bit and G15 keyboard.

OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!