Sign in to follow this  
CalipsoHD

A Few Suggestions! [Multiple Topics : Long Read]

Okay, as a new player to this game, and never playing the DayZ mod, which I am also not a fan of due to the amount of modifications and not giving a true experience to the feel of a zombie apocalypse. 

These are all just my personal ideas without reading other bullshit from other people nor actually caring what they say.

So in advance, do not tell me to search for other peoples thread, this one is mine and I wanted to post in mine. Thank you and hope you enjoy.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Couple things I feel like you should add to the game, and shouldn't in advance. [Hate it or love it, I don't really care]

Large vehicles.

Seriously the chances of finding a running vehicle are high in a zombie apocalypse but also make you a high value target. I can honestly, in my opinion, see ground vehicles such as a truck or a car, but not a tank or other military flying vehicle. Only because being someone who just somehow found his way onto this island and being just a average human isn't going to seriously know how to operate a tank or a helicopter, like seriously... 

To continue on with the idea of ground vehicles, I feel that they should also have a quality such as Ruined, Damaged, Etc., that also effects there speed, and Ruined meaning that they currently do nothing now and pretty much serve only as a shield at that point.

-Uses for this.

Hostages, carrying more supplies out, being more mobile, having some sort of shelter from getting clothes wet, or being attacked from zombies, picking up friends as they spawn, something to get around faster in general. Various reasons.

-Reasons not to be in a vehicle

Mobile target, the thought that you are very well off and a worthy mark to kill, just honestly be very blatant of having a vehicle in general.

-What this adds to the game for a veteran player and a new player

A way to transport players, items, equipment, anything of value really back to a headquarters (which you could be possible followed to and a further extent of the game I will elaborate later on in this thread.)

-Extras

Make them run on gas, thus making gas stations a place to be also making them a target for bandits to setup, thus in turn making players use larger amounts of the map, in turn getting it spread out more and hot spots not only being Belota, Churno, and Electro. (Which are becoming very played out.)

Make them able to be repaired, not past ruined like clothing with the sewing kit, but repairable, maybe with a super rare toolbox that eats a lot of your bag space maybe? Also making cars of value and lootable for parts to make a toolbox, in turn making crafting system a little bit more in depth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weapons.

Do not make a crazy amount of weapons, in my opinion, only put weapons that you believe you could honestly find. Not crazy stupid stuff like smart weapons and IFRV Sights and shit. Like think about it, IFRV would be so rare in the first place. Most infantry in the US military have to request the attachment and actually pay for it in the first place. The chances of finding it in game if added should be astronomical. 

Don't make stupid retarded weapons like RPG's. They take high amounts of training to not actually blow yourself up in real life and they most likely will to a person who actually doesn't have the training. 

Grenades, understandable, pretty straight forward.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stats.

Make something like a stat page you can bring up on the Escape menu, like a option. Then on that brings up stats, like distance ran, time played, zombies killed, looted weapons, food, water, medical, times applying medical to other player, other players killed. Things like that, but make them completely reset on dying or what not to make them more of a reason to survive for some players.

I know I play on 40/40 servers all day and I honestly enjoy just surviving and playing in big cities and what not, and honestly just play like you are a sole survivor. In turn I really don't have anything to show for it nor anything to actually feel that or see it. 

This would make it more of a reason to do something you enjoy, and also make clans and what not more prestige by adding something to show that you have done something that someone else hasn't or required for joining.

Shelters.

Plain and simple but hard to implement without having to play on a server forever and ever which is not all possible. So maybe a external personal thing that you could connect to or what not that would have its own personal storage space. But in turn that would make it so silly and easy to gear.

I honestly can't think of a way to make it server floatable and having this base. By floatable I mean you being able to switch servers all the time and have your own shelter somewhere.

Face paint.

Honestly, do it. You would find this all the time in military bases knowing how commonly it is used. Adding more camo would add in a whole level of being invisible in the woods and treeline.

Not to sound racist or anything but you seriously shouldn't have to play as a black guy to be invisible in the woods but it is true.

Fitness.

Okay, so over time and well over time, (Part of what I said earlier about being a point to live longer for stats) make vitamins, food, and running things actually build up a bar like hunger and thirst. 

This bar could not be there at all when you first start playing and then you start running and it slowly be more and more green until its bright green. 

This would take you getting food and water, staying hydrated and obviously running a lot, but if you have thirst or hunger it doesn't go up any further. Being a reason to always stay hydrated and also staying full. 

Also making vitamins and complete required thing as well. So it will say "Full", "Hydrated", "Fit", and "Medicated". Things like that. Keeping all bars green would be the objective. 

This would make you run faster and slowly be harder to bring down.

Street lights.

Just because its the end of the world I still see street lights and what not at the airbase and other places that still have still have running lights.

I want to see main roads and cities with lights, and lit up, making night time more playable and more in depth. Keeping to the true "Stay out of the light." Phrase about being in a zombie apocalypse. 

Climb trees.

Seriously you could do this all day in a zombie apocalypse. Safe to eat, drink, relax for a second, find where you are, or even snipe people from.

Snow. 

Make campfires and generally warm clothes give a reason to wear. Get cold, freeze to death, plain and simple. 

Crafting.

I want to see craftable weapons, gear, and more clothing with crafting, I want to see off the wall creative things that are imaginable and realistic. I know how to make a land mine with a shotgun shell, wrench, spring, and screw. That would be highly useful in camping and defending your shelter.

I know how to make a rifle with a pipe, piece of wood, string, flint and bullet. Sure it would be one shot and take time to redo but in turn would allow you to make weapons even more rare which they would be in a zombie apocalypse. 

I will be adding and bumping stuff later as I play and think.

Hope you guys enjoy but then again, if you don't keep it to yourself, if you don't keep your rude comments to yourself I won't really care, and wont respond.

Constructive feedback and discussing these things are welcome and enjoyed.

Sincerely,

-CalipsoHD

Edited by CalipsoHD

If you would have played the mod, you would notice that most of the stuff you explained here are already implemented and are working more or so. So imo the stuff in the mod will occur in the SA itself sooner or later.

These are all just my personal ideas without reading other bullshit from other people nor actually caring what they say.

So in advance, do not tell me to search for other peoples thread, this one is mine and I wanted to post in mine. Thank you and hope you enjoy.

I read this part of your post and then couldn't be arsed to read the rest. If you come onto a community forum and with your first post here, say you that don't care what others say, why the hell should I care what you have to say?

What about, if we don't care about the 100th thread on the very same, very obvious suggestions. 

If you would have played the mod, you would notice that most of the stuff you explained here are already implemented and are working more or so. So imo the stuff in the mod will occur in the SA itself sooner or later.

I read this part of your post and then couldn't be arsed to read the rest. If you come onto a community forum and with your first post here, say you that don't care what others say, why the hell should I care what you have to say?

What about, if we don't care about the 100th thread on the very same, very obvious suggestions. 

Thank you guys for the bumps