Sign in to follow this  
doublebrain

Sewing kits+

Random brainflash:

I dont like that sewing kits get damaged when you use them. So: make the sewing kit a container.

- 2 slots

- 1 for needle

- 1 for sewing thread

- The needle gets a little damaged each time you use it (still not very realistic but eh)

- Some of the sewing thread is used each time you sew something so you have to find some new by time

Maybe a little too much. We dont want sewing-simulater right? But I think its not over the top... Maybe a little bit? You tell me!

• Like 1

No.

I love carrying sewing kits around, and I don't want to have to deal with desync, that is why I now no longer carry any other containers that aren't worn on my body.

Not flaming you but I just don't understand how you damage a needle by... sewing? :blink:

There are just some things that do not get damaged, no matter how many hundred times they have been used. Forks for examples.

Spending the yarn sounds ok to me.

No.

I love carrying sewing kits around, and I don't want to have to deal with desync, that is why I now no longer carry any other containers that aren't worn on my body.

Bugs of today shouldnt prevent features of tomorrow. Inventory will be improved and desync hopefully too.

Not flaming you but I just don't understand how you damage a needle by... sewing? :blink:

There are just some things that do not get damaged, no matter how many hundred times they have been used. Forks for examples.

Spending the yarn sounds ok to me.

Then only a sewing kit and you add yarn to it (thats the real word for it, a-ha!). Everything is better than my sewing kit getting f**ked up when I use it. How does that guy sew his gear?! With pure violence?

Then only a sewing kit and you add yarn to it (thats the real word for it, a-ha!). Everything is better than my sewing kit getting f**ked up when I use it. How does that guy sew his gear?! With pure violence?

What is wrong with the word 'yarn'? Looked it up on the dictionary as I am not a native english speaker. Isn't it the same as 'sewing thread'?

But please... not another 'terminology thread'...

• Like 1

What is wrong with the word 'yarn'? Looked it up on the dictionary as I am not a native english speaker. Isn't it the same as 'sewing thread'?

Yarn is thick and only really used to repair very particular clothing such as sweaters. Thread is much smaller and generally used to repair any modern clothing.

Nothing wrong with it. Yarn sounds just a thousand times better than "sewing thread". Im not naitive English either. Guess you just got that wrong. Was more like a "thanks, thats the word I searched for!".

Nothing wrong with it. Yarn sounds just a thousand times better than "sewing thread". Im not naitive English either. Guess you just got that wrong. Was more like a "thanks, thats the word I searched for!".

Sorry if I came along rough with the 2nd post. Obviously I got you wrong. No offense.

Back to topic: How about the possibility to lose needles rather than damaging them and spending yarn/sewing thread?

@ Valadain

Thanks for the explanation.

Sorry if I came along rough with the 2nd post. Obviously I got you wrong. No offense.

Back to topic: How about the possibility to lose needles rather than damaging them and spending yarn/sewing thread?

@ Valadain

Thanks for the explanation.

No worries, you are far more fluent in my language than I am in yours. So while I'm happy to inform, it doesn't bother me if you use the wrong word. I had a friend from the middle east that often confused "alligator" and "gladiator". That made for quite a bit more confusion than "yarn" and "thread".

Sew peoples mouths shut?

Could be a 3% chance that your victim accidentally swallows the needle and dies. And you need a new needle.

he says that it takes systems to sew clothing. In the kit there 1 needle and thread, but if the needle is pristine it does not break but if it is damaged eg "35% to break. "for the thread, you say that you have 100% over but you want to repair pants then it takes you 10% of your thread, or 5% for a hat, or sweater 8%. I say the random number but it will be more likely that it is realistic