Sign in to follow this  
pythonmsh

Carrying 2 primary weapons.

How come we can't do this? Is it mainly for balance reasons? I feel like you should be able to choose between 2 primary guns or 1 primary gun and 1 firefighter axe. It wouldn't be that hard to carry one weapon on your back and one in your hand and switch them around.

You can, but you have to drop the gun in your hand to grab the one off your back.  Also, please use the search function.

• Like 1

if you use google you shall find magic

you can carry 2 for now, but its more of a glitch.

As for carying on back, I agree. You should be able to at least put another rifle in your backpack...i mean those packs are huge.

sacrificing all the slots though or most of em

You can, but you have to drop the gun in your hand to grab the one off your back.  Also, please use the search function.

You can't really carry two, no. I feel like it's more of a bug then anything.

if you use google you shall find magic

you can carry 2 for now, but its more of a glitch.

As for carying on back, I agree. You should be able to at least put another rifle in your backpack...i mean those packs are huge.

sacrificing all the slots though or most of em

I'm more then aware that you can do this. I don't need to google or search anything. It was a legit question .

Edited by pythonmsh

you can carry two. 

also i hope they never allow more than one on your back

Why? Just curious what the negative would be

Have you not tried doing this? Because you can!

I agree, exchanging one for the other could be made easier, so you don't have to drop the hand-held one on the floor and faff about with the inventory; and it'd be nice if you could use the melee weapon 'slot' for a gun.

But I would actually like to see us being able to craft slings and straps out of rope/tape/rags/whatever, and carry lots of things - it could be balanced by the weight-carrying slow-you-down mechanism (which I believe is in the works), and by disallowing you from carrying ANYTHING on your back unless you have constructed or found an appropriate attachment

You can't really carry two, no. I feel like it's more of a bug then anything.

I'm more then aware that you can do this. I don't need to google or search anything. It was a legit question .

I don't think it's a glitch or a bug.  It makes sense because you're sacrificing mobility by always having a weapon out and when you want to use something you have to put that weapon down.

I don't think it's a glitch or a bug.  It makes sense because you're sacrificing mobility by always having a weapon out and when you want to use something you have to put that weapon down.

But you can carry a huge firefighters axe which I'd imagine is around the same size/weight. That's why I mentioned the choice in the first post. I feel like it's more of a bug then something thats intended.

Made yesterday....

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/178583-two-primary-weapons/#entry1832570

Sorry for the d(u)ck move,but it isn't productive have so many topics on this subject and making more.

But,other than that,as stated yesterday,it would be a balance breaker to have to carry both sniper/assualt.

Someone though suggested to carry the secondary weapon in parts,which i find a good idea.

I am up in the air on this one.  While it would be nice to have a Mosin and a M4, it also kills the balance. 

IMO if you have a SKS, there is no reason for two!

I am up in the air on this one.  While it would be nice to have a Mosin and a M4, it also kills the balance. 

IMO if you have a SKS, there is no reason for two!

Well, if they implement a dynamic weight system so items each have their own designated weight, people might think twice before carrying loads of weapons.

Why? Just curious what the negative would be

For me personally it comes down to this. This is supposed to be a survival sim not a hording sim. I just dont think its necessary and i like to have to make tough decisions, it takes away from the game if i can just fit whatever i want on me basically. I like having to look over my ammo count and how im playing my current characters life to decide what is the better choice. Hard decisions make the game a richer experience. I personally like anything the makes the game harder ( I find challenging  games to be rare these days).

also on a side note, go sling a weighted backpack around each shoulder with one strap per backpack then try to bend down to grab something, let me know how that goes.(just for an example, most people dont have two rifles to run out in there front yard and play with)

again this is just my opinion and dont expect the game to change just for me. (something most people on the forums could learn)

Edited by Chucknorris405
  • Like 1

For me personally it comes down to this. This is supposed to be a survival sim not a hording sim. I just dont think its necessary and i like to have to make tough decisions, it takes away from the game if i can just fit whatever i want on me basically. I like having to look over my ammo count and how im playing my current characters life to decide what is the better choice. Hard decisions make the game a richer experience. I personally like anything the makes the game harder ( I find challenging  games to be rare these days).

also on a side note, go sling a weighted backpack around each shoulder with one strap per backpack then try to bend down to grab something, let me know how that goes.(just for an example, most people dont have two rifles to run out in there front yard and play with)

again this is just my opinion and dont expect the game to change just for me. (something most people on the forums could learn)

I'm hoping they do add some sort of storage/base system though. There needs to be some sort of end game.

You get gear and you can survive very easily

There's no PvE threat

No reason to really kill zombies right now

Main point really is to gear and survive and interact with other players whether you play as a bandit or hero.

I feel like you should have to worry about zombies. If you go into a town with very good loot you should be worried about going in there. Not because of players, but the zombies.

There needs to be some sort of end game.

No there doesn't .  This is not a goddamn MMORPG.  End game does not exist in shooters.

No there doesn't .  This is not a goddamn MMORPG.  End game does not exist in shooters.

There needs to be some sort of incentive to play other then survive in a forest or gear up to kill other players.

Such as building a base

Stocking up your tents/vaults

Building vehicles etc

Edited by pythonmsh
  • Like 2

There needs to be some sort of incentive to play other then survive in a forest or gear up to kill other players.

Such as building a base

Stocking up your tents/vaults

Building vehicles etc

Please go read the dev tracker.  It will more than likely blow your mind

• Like 1

Please go read the dev tracker.  It will more than likely blow your mind

Well obviously. I'm just saying there needs to be more to the game then eating beans and drinking from a well. Some sort of "endgame" something to work for. Not saying endgame has to mean exactly the same shit a mmorpg has.

Well obviously. I'm just saying there needs to be more to the game then eating beans and drinking from a well. Some sort of "endgame" something to work for. Not saying endgame has to mean exactly the same shit a mmorpg has.

This is a sandbox.  Your endgame is whatever you make it out to be. Again, please go read the dev tracker.

This is a sandbox.  Your endgame is whatever you make it out to be. Again, please go read the dev tracker.

An empty sandbox with nothing to do is no fun. I've read the devtracker. Obviously what I suggested will happen eventually, just a matter of time.

An empty sandbox with nothing to do is no fun. I've read the devtracker. Obviously what I suggested will happen eventually, just a matter of time.

I hate to drop this on you but you are aware that this is an "Early Access Alpha", right?

I hate to drop this on you but you are aware that this is an "Early Access Alpha", right?

Oh yea man. I never noticed the 30 warning signs on steam or when loading up the game. Thanks for letting me know!

• Like 1