Cannas

Another frustrating day on DAYZ

You know those days that after you being playing for some hours you just want to destroy something?

Yeh, today i have one of those, after many lives only annoying things keep happening to me.

1st - Im in a 3 floor building at electro, full geared a freshy with a axe show´s up, trying to hit me, no time to pull a gun, i run downstairs trying to get on the street, but as u know, when um climb up or down the stairs your char doest run he walks...

Yeh mine walked the other dude didnt he got me because he was just running on those stairs!

2nd - Freshy pops out first pouch while i was running and he also... insta knockdown , 10 seconds later i was dead... lucky like that only to other people...

3rd - Full geared guy dead on the ground i got there first , and oher freshy got there 10 seconds after me, the fkin symbol that allow u to loot (the gun symbel with the 3 points...) was apearing and desapearing always while i was looking at the bodie and moving, the freshy got the gear first and killed me...

And of course my dayz only crashes at important situations..."Dayz as stop working" Maybe 10 time a day it crashes...

This shit happens 3 lifes in a raw...

How would u feel???

Edited by Cannas

Unfortunately, No.1 was entirely your own fault. I'm not being a jerk, don't get me wrong. But the mistakes you made are obvious. The fact that you didn't have your weapon drawn the whole time while in Electro put you in a tight spot; unable to defend yourself, especially in a confined space. I'm sure you know, you have got to double-tap W to run. And you didn't hear the guy while in the building? I've learned from past mistakes that retreating is fundamental. You have to be aware of your surroundings. Instead of running down three flights of stairs, perhaps running to another room to arm yourself would have been better. All I'm saying is, when I die, I look back and realize I did something wrong, perhaps I panicked, and basically gave the guy a free kill. 

No.2 just sucks. I hate the fact that you can be knocked out with one lone punch. So lame.  

No.3 sucks too, man. That stupid little white dot is hard to pin! 

Le Derp, knock the guy out as he tries to loot... Not exactly a hard concept. Oh, and just spam the F key to loot someone if you are THAT desperate for gear.

And, if you're that dumb to get "snuck" up on by someone in a 3 story building, I have no sympathy for you. It isn't hard to hear footsteps you know.

I hope they fix melee system, as its stuffed completely in pvp. I have a punch on with a guy, i have an axe, hit him, he bleeds. He punches me with bare fists, once, im unconciouss.

I heard in the next patch its not going to work and if it true its stupid but wear a motorbike helmet in newspawn locations you can not be knocked out. I have let newspawns try had one going ham on me and he got mad and ran off. with the body problem if there is another guy with you and its down to you and him fighting for the deadf guys loot if you can't or know you can't get the gun first hide the body and run. at least then he won't be armed and you got a headstart running. just ideas except for the helmet its a must. goodluck sir we've all had bad dayz in this game. the dayz gods giveth and taketh away.

Also if you sprint to the stairs and press v to vault you can clear a good distance of those stairs and probably could have escaped

But yeah, always have your weapon out at least in a city or town

Someone could be stalking you at any point and you may not have time to draw your weapon, as you found out

Well cannas apart from the body looting that's all happened to me. All I'll say is don't go to elektro. Now when I spawn I head west over the hills and far away. The n-s coast road and electro are just a noob and bandit orgy. And it's putting a lot of people off dayz sa before it even really gets of the ground.

Low ready in cities and around towns/buildings

herpedy derp

Most of the time being in or around Elektro and Cherno will get you killed if you're not incredibly patient and methodical.  Particularly if you're alone.

Secondly, as a fresh spawn if your goal is to get kitted out in 5 mins by running to high-activity areas like Elektro or Cherno to loot a dead guy you're going to die more times than not.  

This isn't the best way to play the game if you want to avoid dying A LOT.  When you're fresh you should be looking to avoid high-population areas.  

I've only been playing for about a week now and so far I've had some exciting moments even if they ended in my death.

I don't try to play like I'm going to accomplish anything, I just look at it as "There's only so long until I'm inevitably killed in this game, I'm gonna do what I can and enjoy the ride"

So far, my very first spawn, I punched a zombie down and then found some new shoes. I was then attacked by 3 fist throwing bandits that knocked me out. Seconds later I wake up and their gone so I get up and keep moving. I then find a town where I'm greeted by a "freshy" (hah, I liked that term) who is sprinting at me and whispering "get down man, someone's shooting"

I sneak out of town only to fall off of a ledge and break my legs. I dolphin dive my way into a feild where I'm greeted by 3 heavily geared bandits and glad to see someone who can put me out of my misery. I wave and sit down just before they give me the 'ol "You are Dead" screen.

The next 3 lives consisted of eating rotten fruit to fend off starvation only to die of sickness....

It's all about your outlook, because even then I enjoyed the experience of each play through.

Most of the time being in or around Elektro and Cherno will get you killed if you're not incredibly patient and methodical.  Particularly if you're alone.

Secondly, as a fresh spawn if your goal is to get kitted out in 5 mins by running to high-activity areas like Elektro or Cherno to loot a dead guy you're going to die more times than not.  

This isn't the best way to play the game if you want to avoid dying A LOT.  When you're fresh you should be looking to avoid high-population areas.  

Elektro is not the "death zone" it once was.  Honestly, every time I have re spawned I have sprinted from my spawn point right into EleKtro, gone to the one building I know ALWAYS has either an SKS or Mosin, and then run to the one building I know ALWAYS has a pistol and some ammo and I am fully kitted within about 30 minutes.  Oddly enough I have not been shot at once in Elektro or Cherno.  I almost recommend to people to run for Elektro now to gear up, seems since everyone tells nobody to go there, there is never anyone there lol.

Today has indeed been a frustrating day... first I ate from the wrong berry bush and kept going unconscious, I then never woke up.  Respawned and ran back to my mate.  Got to within spitting distance of the NWAF, we lose sight of each other, my mate says he see's someone, so I jokingly tell him to take a pot shot... 'you are dead'.

• Like 1

^Bwhahahah...

Sorry had to be said.  Karma is a biatch!

• Like 1

^Bwhahahah...

Sorry had to be said.  Karma is a biatch!

I did have to laugh, fucking good shot as well!

Well, at least you know you have a good marksman to cover you if the situation arises :)  Just make sure he knows what you are wearing, and if you change gear inside a house you let him know you did.

Classic DayZ mistake my buddy made.  Ran into a house, dropped his blue backpack for a green one, dropped his blue jeans for some tacticals and walked out, his group he was with opened up on him.  Funniest sh*t ever!

• Like 1

Well, at least you know you have a good marksman to cover you if the situation arises :)  Just make sure he knows what you are wearing, and if you change gear inside a house you let him know you did.

Classic DayZ mistake my buddy made.  Ran into a house, dropped his blue backpack for a green one, dropped his blue jeans for some tacticals and walked out, his group he was with opened up on him.  Funniest sh*t ever!

Thing is, normally he can't shoot for shit!

Second time he's killed me.  First was when i got axed unconscious lying on the high rises in Berezino.  Didn't hear the dude coming up, all i saw was my screen go grey, then black.  Luckily pretty much the moment I woke up the server restarted.  Hopped back into the server, me and my buddy Mr Axeman are still on the roof.  Dude didn't shoot me dead for some reason.  G was at the bottom of the building, axeman jumps across to the other building and starts to go down the ladder.  My mate makes his way up the stairs to wait for the guy to appear.  G even heard him snacking...  I've got broken legs, so I crawl and vault my way down to the bottom and start to make my up the other building.  No way the guy could have got past G.  I get half way up, get shot to fuck!

'ah shit, sorry man', fucker had unloaded 5 magnum rounds into me...  fuck knows why I continue to play with him!

'ah shit, sorry man', fucker had unloaded 5 magnum rounds into me...  fuck knows why I continue to play with him!

Because he's your friend...and friends stick with eachother...even if they're retarded...  :P