Travisabrams12

Unable to respawn even with "You are dead"

Hello, I was playing Day Z Standalone today and I while in Elektro on the docs, I opened a Gate and glitched, falling through the docs. i am now Stuck in the Bay and every time I join a server my character falls to the bottom of the bay floor and dies. But when I go to try and respawn, the respawn button is greyed out. Help Please.

oh dear :( I wish i could help there might be a line of code or something you can change but I dont know what it is. Try looking it up on the fourms or something

I did a general google search and could only find related entries for the DayZ mod. Seems the same happened in the mod too.

Wish I could give you a solution.

Good luck!

But when I go to try and respawn, the respawn button is greyed out.

Are you 100% sure you are dead?

Google searched "greyed out" and found the following:

Unable To Respawn - You Are Dead / You Are Unconscious
Issue 8067
Logging in you will find yourself stuck at You Are Dead or You Are Unconscious with the Respawn button greyed out. If you find yourself in this situation, try the following:

• Wait 5 minutes. It may be showing You Are Dead instead of the 300 second countdown
  • Delete your [NAME].vars.DayZProfile file (located in Documents/DayZ on Windows 7)
  • Use the server browser to find a server that is glitched and will delete your character from the hive (search "delete" in filters)

http://www.psychicgamers.co.uk/articles/dayz-standalone/known-issues-bugs

• Like 1

"Well, I'm fresh out of ideas." ~Chief Wiggum