Jex

View distance slider please!

I noticed the view distance has increased considerably in the SA and I think what the default is right now is a good max distance but how about letting us decrease the distance down to 600m (400m?) - this would make a huge difference on our FPS. I can't think of any reason this would detriment the game in anyway.

• Like 1

not a slider, but just type it in.

It's also more accurate than a slider ;)

I think it's a good idea to add the slider even though I've already adjusted it in the config. Its painful to constantly restart the game while honing down the correct view distance for your rig. Especially with that nasty log in timer.

I change my view distance based off the weapons and location I'm at, so this would be very helpful rather than having to disco/readjust/recon.

If I'm not sniping then I don't need to see out past 600m nor can you reliably without optics anyway. When sniping I max it out at 1km but this has very nasty affects around high building density areas. The work-around I've been using is adjusting object quality up/down, you can still see terrain and buildings but really nothing else is drawn so it only frees up a bit of fps but does allow for increased visibility when turned up.

Does that mess up your scope mil dots like it did in Arma?

Nope it's your view distance, how far things will draw out to before you get fog.

I change my view distance based off the weapons and location I'm at, so this would be very helpful rather than having to disco/readjust/recon.

If I'm not sniping then I don't need to see out past 600m nor can you reliably without optics anyway. When sniping I max it out at 1km but this has very nasty affects around high building density areas. The work-around I've been using is adjusting object quality up/down, you can still see terrain and buildings but really nothing else is drawn so it only frees up a bit of fps but does allow for increased visibility when turned up.

This is exactly what I want it for. If I'm in a city I have to look at the ground to run through it which obviously isn't ideal because I can't see anything. At least being able to adjust the view via a slider (a slider is fine btw to the poster above, why would you need to be that accurate?) means I can make it low in built up areas and have it run smoother.