Sign in to follow this  
cejota14

I sugges four things

Taking inspiration from Resident Evil 4 I suggest the Following

Laser for the pistols

Reaload animation for the Python .357 when using loose ammo

Red 9 Pistol

Buttstock for pistols

Since we want less military weaponry. I suggest pistols play a major role, considering how easy is to get one in real life.

They don't deal so much damage as a rifle and don't have a really long range, so it sounds like having more pistols and less rifles is a good idea :)

PS: The realoding animation for the read nine could be the same (or similar) for the SKS and Mosin Nagat (without losing the clip of course)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 4

I suggest pistols play a major role, considering how easy is to get one in real life.

It's easy in the US, but I don't think it would be quite as easy in a place like Chernarus, AFAIK.

Buttstock for pistols?

Wow,i play RPGs and shooters all my life.

Honestly it's my first time i bump into 1.

I mean it would be cool,but can't we do without it? :P

Laser sight for pistols is a good idea though.

Although i sence that some people are gonna relate the to Cod and rage about them. xD

buttstock could lower the recoil and increase the accuracy when standing still, I could imagine

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

are you talkin about the mauser pistol that you can attach the buttstock to? that would be cool always liked the broom handle. I think there are after market buttstocks for pistols like the M9 etc. laser would be cool but they would give you away(possibly depending on the coding).I'm lucky they are already adding in my favorite pistol the mk22 I've shot one in real life many times and if its as quite as the real one people are going to be rushing to get it.but I agrre I would like to see pistols become more of an item/weapon. I also hope to see throwing knives make them hard to use were they require practice just as in real life.

one gun though I do want and its a rifle and I know people might say its outdated or OP or doesn't fit is the BAR 30/06 full auto 20rd mags this gun would destroy cars trucks and of course skulls. 

more pistols compared to rifles is a very good idea, anything that leads to more up close and personal confrontations can only be good.

btw that resident evil gif brought back floods of memories, what a game that was...

• Like 1

I wish there were pistol caliber carbines in game but that would be realistic in a poor country like chernarus

Buttstock for pistols?

Wow,i play RPGs and shooters all my life.

Honestly it's my first time i bump into 1.

I mean it would be cool,but can't we do without it? :P

Laser sight for pistols is a good idea though.

Although i sence that some people are gonna relate the to Cod and rage about them. xD

Stechkin's, C96s (or "red 9's") lugers and Browning HPs have all had stocks made at one time or another 

Are laser sights really even usefull? I mean, they're cool looking, but n shooters i typically have no use as i can usually tell where to aim. I find they just give my position away and take more time to use than Iron sights.

New animations will come, such as single loading SKS and Mosin clip loading

Yes to last two, but if Tokarev's are added we need a 7.63 Mauser instead so the Dev's can't say it would be a pain to add ammo for only one gun. Plus, Red 9's are alot more rare. 

Agree that Pistols should mean a little more, especially a wider variety of them.
Would love to see a small .22 Revolver, or even a less-than-common M9 Baretta spawning on the Police Zeds.

Laser: Sure, why not. Won't do much, as night-time is currently totally unpopulated, and the dot is harder to see during the day, but sure.

Reload animation: I hope we get these for all guns, but it's not a priority.

Red9: It's a Mauser C96 chambered in 9x19 Parabellum. It's an antique, and while it's very cool (I'd love to have one), there's no plausible reason for it to be in the game, nor would it add any utility that we don't already have or can get with a more modern gun.

Buttstock: What's the point? Just get a rifle and saw off the barrel. That said, we should be able to choose between sawing off the barrel, buttstock or both on shotguns and rifles. 

• Like 1

Stechkin's, C96s (or "red 9's") lugers and Browning HPs have all had stocks made at one time or another 

Yes, and they were pretty much never used, because they're pointless. If you need more precision, you get a rifle. 

Just get a rifle and saw off the barrel. That said, we should be able to choose between sawing off the barrel, buttstock or both on shotguns and rifles. 

And for C96

And for C96

I really hope to see the C96 in DayZ one day

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

"...and mausers and lugers, these are just few of my favourite things."

Well, not imposible, I suppose, that there could be a luger lying a round in Chernarus, taken home long a go a as a trophy. But I don't know why to add items which would be so super-super rare, that finding one would be next to impossible.

It's easy in the US, but I don't think it would be quite as easy in a place like Chernarus, AFAIK.

I live in a country similar to Chernarus, lots of green, not too many cities. Rather small and full of open fields. It's quite easy to buy one

idk if having more pistols and less rifles is the direction to go.  Having an abundance of pistols seem like more of a common american household weapon.  I think they should scale down the military grade weapons like you said, but expand the places rifles can spawn.  Im sure in eastern europe, guns are more common in the countryside, for hunting.  I think there should be quite a few hunting rifles and shotguns, with some pistols, and I think there should be more rifles in the countryside so there is less congestion in the major cities.  Seems like when people spawn they just book it to elektro cause it has everything.  They should give people incentives to just explore from where they spawn

Laser: Sure, why not. Won't do much, as night-time is currently totally unpopulated, and the dot is harder to see during the day, but sure.

Reload animation: I hope we get these for all guns, but it's not a priority.

Red9: It's a Mauser C96 chambered in 9x19 Parabellum. It's an antique, and while it's very cool (I'd love to have one), there's no plausible reason for it to be in the game, nor would it add any utility that we don't already have or can get with a more modern gun.

Buttstock: What's the point? Just get a rifle and saw off the barrel. That said, we should be able to choose between sawing off the barrel, buttstock or both on shotguns and rifles. 

About the Red9: Then we shouldn't have beanie hats or radar caps...we already have the Ushankas, so why bother with more of the same? they don't add any utility that we don't already have

About the Buttstock: If you read my post, then you know I'm asking for less rifles and more pistols, so having a buttstock for a pistol would make it a deadlier weapon giving more accuracy and less recoil

Yes, and they were pretty much never used, because they're pointless. If you need more precision, you get a rifle. 

THE IDEA IS TO NOT USE RIFLES AS MUCH AS WE CURRENTLY DO IN THE GAME. WE NEED LESS RIFLES AND MORE PISTOLS. THAT'S WHY I'M ASKING FOR BUTTSTOCKS!

"...and mausers and lugers, these are just few of my favourite things."

Well, not imposible, I suppose, that there could be a luger lying a round in Chernarus, taken home long a go a as a trophy. But I don't know why to add items which would be so super-super rare, that finding one would be next to impossible.

Weapons are pretty common everywhere regardless of their Origin, I don't live in the US and I've seen M9s, M4s, Aks, HKs, Mosin, Kar98, CZs, G3 and plenty of more being used for police, army, recreative, hunting or deco purpose

idk if having more pistols and less rifles is the direction to go.  Having an abundance of pistols seem like more of a common american household weapon.  I think they should scale down the military grade weapons like you said, but expand the places rifles can spawn.  Im sure in eastern europe, guns are more common in the countryside, for hunting.  I think there should be quite a few hunting rifles and shotguns, with some pistols, and I think there should be more rifles in the countryside so there is less congestion in the major cities.  Seems like when people spawn they just book it to elektro cause it has everything.  They should give people incentives to just explore from where they spawn

I live in a Country similar to Chernarus, countryside, the police uses MP5, Uzi, M9, USP, M1911 and Remingtons. The Army uses G3, G36, M4, M16, and Mosin Nagat for Ceremonial issues. Pistols are quite common amongst all the people here. Stop telling that because is Eastern Europe there should be just a kind of weaponry...because you'll find every kind of shit in any kind of place

I live in a Country similar to Chernarus, countryside, the police uses MP5, Uzi, M9, USP, M1911 and Remingtons. The Army uses G3, G36, M4, M16, and Mosin Nagat for Ceremonial issues. Pistols are quite common amongst all the people here. Stop telling that because is Eastern Europe there should be just a kind of weaponry...because you'll find every kind of shit in any kind of place

ok, thats all well and fine that those are the common guns where you live, but I don't think they wanna add in all those guns, otherwise DayZ will just turn into another military style shooter with zombies running around, hence the want from rocket to have less military grade weapons.  I'm not argueing whether the brand is american or european, im just saying there should be more guns in the countryside rather than in the city.