Sign in to follow this  
Kophka

Are Low MAXIMUM Population Servers Cheating?

Just a quick check getting peoples opinion on this.

Every time you load up the server screen, you see a TON of servers with maximum populations of 5, 10, 15, or even 25 people. What is going on here? Are these private farming servers for some clan or group? I understand that not everyone can afford a 40-50 person server every month, I totally get that. But these small farming servers are just way too exploitable.

If they aren't legal, how the heck do they get whitelisted?

This is an opinion thread, so flame away, defend away, be pissed off, w/e.

In my opinion, no server with under 30 MAXIMUM population should be able to connect to the main data base at all. Preventative measures can go a long way. :)

Depends on the server how many people it can hold.

We pay 70 a month for a a possible 60 man but we not increasing it yet, we leave it at 40. Our last server struggled with 40 so we dropped it to 35.

I dont think you can bitch and whinge about how someone elses spends their money and on what hardware. its not cheap to get a decent Dayz server.

Our current server is I7, 24GB and 128gb SSD.

Hello kdjac,

Are you running your server within a virtual environment?

If other services on the same machine are running and using resources you will find that your server may have a few issues with performance.

If you want to PM me or contact me on skype at lee.netarus i can help you out abit.

Best Regards,

Lee

Your paying $70 a month for a server that can't even hold 50 people? That's odd, you should think about switching providers.

well we have been running it at 35 players and we almost never have yellow/red chains! plus the server does not lag out on us!

so many 50 slot servers are compleet rubbish! when the code is optimized we will probably increase it but for now its runs very smooth on 35!

plus I will never play on a 50 slot so you can't even call it farming! ( I know it refers to the 10-20 slot servers more but still..)

I know my friends server was shut down because he was only running ten people out of a 40 slot. So yes its considered cheating. Also the minimum is 40 if you have less then 40 you can be black listed.

Depends on the server how many people it can hold.

We pay 70 a month for a a possible 60 man but we not increasing it yet' date=' we leave it at 40. Our last server struggled with 40 so we dropped it to 35.

I dont think you can bitch and whinge about how someone elses spends their money and on what hardware. its not cheap to get a decent Dayz server.

Our current server is I7, 24GB and 128gb SSD.

[/quote']

I'm not bitching and whining about how someone else spends their money, I just hold the opinion that a 10-25 person "farming server" is way too exploitable. If they don't want to spend the money on a 40 person server, fine and dandy. But they shouldn't be whitelisted to the main database if that's the case.

I don't think the 25 man servers are for item farming, the ones that are 5-15 maybe, but I personally prefer to play on a 25 man since they don't lag or crash as much. And I play on a 50 man all the time now since that is what my group is currently hosting but I don't think there's anything wrong with the 25 man servers.

I know my friends server was shut down because he was only running ten people out of a 40 slot. So yes its considered cheating. Also the minimum is 40 if you have less then 40 you can be black listed.

Nope seattle 32 has been 25 slot's since day 1 and will continue to be 25 slot's. Rocket changed the rule's after I had bought the 25 slot server and it was stated that if you had a 25 slot from before that you are ok.

i run a 25 man server. it was the only thing in my price range that i could pay for on my own. id gladly take donations to increase the slots but 20$ for 25 slots is quite a deal.

Your paying $70 a month for a server that can't even hold 50 people? That's odd' date=' you should think about switching providers.

[/quote']

I posted its specs, do you have better for the same price?

Server is a fcukin beast tbh for that price, full RDP and 100mb connection and unlimited data.