a humble bambi

How well will I run Dayz SA?

Sup guys,

I am looking at getting an crap-top that is mid-tier when it comes to gaming in general (my PC recently tanked) and the nature of my job means i move around quite allot.

I will probably be playing Arma 2/3  BUT I will pretty much only getting it so i can play DayZ.

Right now I am considering the MSI GE70

Cpu: I7 sharkbay 4700QM 3.4 Ghz (4th gen CPU)

Gpu: nVidia GeForce GTX 765 2GB

RAM: 8GB DDR3

It also has the option to add an SSD (they havent told me the cost of doing so yet)

So my questions are simple:

1. How well will it run dayz (settings and Fps)

2. Should I bite the bullet and pay for the SSD to be added?

3. Are there cheaper options out there in terms of crap-tops if all I want to do is play dayz?

To be clear, I am not looking for "OMG, such FPS, such high settings, much expense" I pretty much just want to be able to comfortably play DayZ with decent in-game settings. The MSI GE70 is balls expensive in my country, so if there is a better option out there please let me know.

Also: General "Can i run dayZ" questions.

Thanks for the help

Edited by a humble bambi

Sup guys,

I am looking at getting an crap-top that is mid-tier when it comes to gaming in general (my PC recently tanked) and the nature of my job means i move around quite allot.

I will probably be playing Arma 2/3  BUT I will pretty much only getting it so i can play DayZ.

Right now I am considering the MSI GE70

Cpu: I7 sharkbay 4700QM 3.4 Ghz (4th gen CPU)

Gpu: nVidia GeForce GTX 765 2GB

RAM: 8GB DDR3

It also has the option to add an SSD (they havent told me the cost of doing so yet)

So my questions are simple:

1. How well will it run dayz (settings and Fps)

2. Should I bite the bullet and pay for the SSD to be added?

3. Are there cheaper options out there in terms of crap-tops if all I want to do is play dayz?

To be clear, I am not looking for "OMG, such FPS, such high settings, much expense" I pretty much just want to be able to comfortably play DayZ with decent in-game settings. The MSI GE70 is balls expensive in my country, so if there is a better option out there please let me know.

Also: General "Can i run dayZ" questions.

Thanks for the help

You will run the game very well with very high or low settings :D 

You will run the game very well with very high or low settings :D

I was hoping for a more definitive answer.... :|

Will definitely be playable. Performance tweaks are coming in over time so it will only increase in performance.

The pet peeve of laptops (especially ones that are not dedicated to gaming) is the cooling tho - get some external laptop coolant; worked wonders for me.

Will definitely be playable. Performance tweaks are coming in over time so it will only increase in performance.

The pet peeve of laptops (especially ones that are not dedicated to gaming) is the cooling tho - get some external laptop coolant; worked wonders for me.

neat, i will keep that in mind!!

Mine is somewhat similar and I run on normal-high settings

Get some framerate drops north of cherno by those poorly optimized apartments.

Edited by WooTs

Mine is somewhat similar and I run on normal-high settings

Get some framerate drops north of cherno by those poorly optimized apartments.

Good to know.Because I really suck at this sort of thing (technology in general).

Dude, you have been more helpfull than you think!!

I just checked Amazon and i can get your Acer V3-773G-9643 for ~$800 (adjusted for exchange rate) less than the MSI i was looking at. So you killed two birds with one stone.

Thank you very very much.

Edit: The listed Acer only has a geforce GT 750M Gpu... will this pose a problem?

Edited by a humble bambi

Well it might have fewer GPU cores.

Good to know.Because I really suck at this sort of thing (technology in general).

Dude, you have been more helpfull than you think!!

I just checked Amazon and i can get your Acer V3-773G-9643 for ~$800 (adjusted for exchange rate) less than the MSI i was looking at. So you killed two birds with one stone.

Thank you very very much.

Edit: The listed Acer only has a geforce GT 750M Gpu... will this pose a problem?

Well Im not sure how much better the 760M is over the 750M.  I know that the 760M has 2GB dedicated memory. Not sure if the 750M does.

Edited by WooTs

Well it might have fewer GPU cores.

Well Im not sure how much better the 760M is over the 750M.  I know that the 760M has 2GB dedicated memory. Not sure if the 750M does.

According to Amazon its has.... 4096 MB Ram size on the GPU...

Desktops are better for gaming, as there hardware can handle more and are generally more powerful; its also quicker and easier to upgrade.