Sign in to follow this  
Meenos

Food = Exploration

So the options for food isnt very large, and in a zombie apocalypse. Well after you have eaten the can food and fruit. there could be mushrooms in the forrest.

i mean, cities are mostly covered with bandits, or they are probably looted. But in the forrest you could go if you badly needed food and to avoid attackers. 

Mushrooms could be awesome for new and old players, its a way to explore the map more aswell.

Fishing, now that could be a very interesting idea aswell. 

Requirements to fish and eat

(fishing rod)

(knife)

(bait of some sort)

1. Get a fishing rod

2. Get bait. (iether use real fishing bait or you can use "sardines" for bait wich would take 1 portion. same if you used rice or other things to attatch to the fishing pole.

3. Wait

4. catch the fish

5. (Knife) - Clean the fish from everything unedible

6. Eat raw or cook (over a fire or on the ministove thing, Could probably be more options for that aswell. )

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Cooked_Meat

Regarding fishing,if you visit the above link,you will see that they have added seabass,trout and tuna nutritional values.

So fishing is propablly coming later patches.Team has added berry eating,something relevant is going to happen with mushrooms

if i'm not mistaken (some deadly others eatable).Considering hunting,propably we will see it on experimental servers

shortly.

Hunting cant wait!

I can't agree more.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman