JHPREJEAN

Identifying Players

It has all ready been stated, that there will be no name plates, or any other way of identify players, which is total bull-shit! If players can't get revenge on bandits, a huge part of the game will be missing. SUCKS! So much fun hunting KOSing jerks. This game is catered to bandits. Please don't fall into the trap of being a KOSer, because that's where the game is headed. Be a smart survivor, not a shaky trigger fingered Bambie. 

This game isn't about getting revenge, it's about surviving. If you died, you failed to survive. There's no revenge to get as you lost your life.

The best way to hunt bandits is by stealth, watch, and observe their behaviour. If you see a bandit, shoot them. It doesn't matter if it's the one that killed you or not, you're doing a public service.

first off you're raging about bandits and saying the game sucks, so yeah settle down aint nobody cares about god dam name plates learn to live with less knowledge, why don't you re-read your own post douche, don't try and backpedal and tell me you wasn't raging

It's really hard to read your posts, man. Can you type any better? Firstly, I wasn't raging, especially not about bandits. Secondly, I never said the game sucks. I love the game. I said it sucks that we can't tell who killed us, jeeze. And with that, a huge aspect of the game is missing. If you can't add something constructive, please stay out of the conversation. And resorting to name calling, that's so 9th grade. Man, where do you come from? English 101, learn the basics, home-boy! 

This game isn't about getting revenge, it's about surviving. If you died, you failed to survive. There's no revenge to get as you lost your life.

The best way to hunt bandits is by stealth, watch, and observe their behaviour. If you see a bandit, shoot them. It doesn't matter if it's the one that killed you or not, you're doing a public service.

I have to disagree with the first part of your statement, friend. The game is what you want it to be. But the limitations set before us blockade the road ahead, so to speak. searching for the killer is some of the best fun I've had in the mod. Adds an other element to the game. Without it, then what? I'll have to become one of those morons out there with the mindset,"Shoot first, ask questions later"? Nope! Never!

Edited by zor_prime1

No name tags please, keep it the way it is right now ^^

It's really hard to read your posts, man. Can you type any better? Firstly, I wasn't raging, especially not about bandits. Secondly, I never said the game sucks. I love the game. I said it sucks that we can't tell who killed us, jeeze. And with that, a huge aspect of the game is missing. If you can't add something constructive, please stay out of the conversation. And resorting to name calling, that's so 9th grade. Man, where do you come from? English 101, learn the basics, home-boy! 

Do I look black to you, please don't call me home boy. A. I don't care enough about you to use proper English in your presence. B. You are still looking for a way to identify players and I'm gonna tell you once again, thats not gonna happen, this is not that kind of game that helps players play. If its a bit hard for you to wrap your small mind around that concept there are simpler games out there. We need less people like you who complain about utter bulshit, and more legit players. Have a nice day home boy.

Do I look black to you, please don't call me home boy. A. I don't care enough about you to use proper English in your presence. B. You are still looking for a way to identify players and I'm gonna tell you once again, thats not gonna happen, this is not that kind of game that helps players play. If its a bit hard for you to wrap your small mind around that concept there are simpler games out there. We need less people like you who complain about utter bulshit, and more legit players. Have a nice day home boy.

Haha! I think you need to tell yourself what race you are, or are not. 

P.S. 

http://forums.dayzga...stem/?hl=memory

BOOM! Want some ointment for that burn? 

Edited by zor_prime1

Haha! I think you need to tell yourself what race you are, or are not. 

P.S. 

http://forums.dayzga...stem/?hl=memory

BOOM! Want some ointment for that burn? 

Just because someone has a likable idea doesn't mean that it's going to be added into the game. So your sarcastic 'ointment' comment is completely unnecessary, as it isn't a burn at all. 'Cause the feature doesn't even exist... and probably never will.

Just because someone has a likable idea doesn't mean that it's going to be added into the game. So your sarcastic 'ointment' comment is completely unnecessary, as it isn't a burn at all. 'Cause the feature doesn't even exist... and probably never will.

Why don't you reread pillz post, then re-post here. This time, read it more thoroughly.  And I never said anywhere that it was going to be added. Oh man, here, let me break it down for you: Pillz said, and I quote " B. You are still looking for a way to identify players and I'm gonna tell you once again, thats not gonna happen, this is not that kind of game that helps players play". So please. MYOB, if you do not know that facts.

So when he's done with that ointment, I'm sure there will be plenty left over. Ask him nicely. He seems like a hot head.

Edited by zor_prime1

Why don't you reread pillz post, then re-post here. This time, read it more thoroughly.  And I never said anywhere that it was going to be added. Oh man, here, let me break it down for you: Pillz said, and I quote " B. You are still looking for a way to identify players and I'm gonna tell you once again, thats not gonna happen, this is not that kind of game that helps players play". So please. MYOB, if you do not know that facts.

So when he's done with that ointment, I'm sure there will be plenty left over. Ask him nicely. He seems like a hot head.

I've read his post, and I've re-read it plenty of times. You didn't burn him, in fact, all you did was copy a link that someone else had provided to this discussion. You probably didn't even know that the thread even existed because you didn't hunt down the information yourself. This shows me that you're too lazy to attempt to back up your own argument (rather flaming because it seems that's all you know how to do.) It also shows me that you're attempting to smear a "Hah. I'm right, you're wrong." attitude on another player.

When in fact, you're wrong. So... I think you need to re-read his post and understand the fact that he's actually saying "The developers will not add a feature like this into the game because this is not the kind of game that helps players play it."

Just because someone else has found a thread that another player posted with an idea for creating a rudimentary identification system does not, and will never, be considered a burn. Had you (or someone else) provided developer proof or a topic in which a developer stated "We're thinking about something" then by all means smear it in other peoples faces.

• Like 1

Not tryin to break up the fight or anything, but after Dean leaves, Bohemia is gunna do whatever the player base wants, so they can squeeze out every single penny from us.

And sadly, the player base wants little floaty name tags and team/ party identifcation methods.

Just throwin that out there..... Please continue..... I'm just gunna eat mah beans over here :beans:

Not tryin to break up the fight or anything, but after Dean leaves, Bohemia is gunna do whatever the player base wants, so they can squeeze out every single penny from us.

And sadly, the player base wants little floaty name tags and team/ party identifcation methods.

Just throwin that out there..... Please continue..... I'm just gunna eat mah beans over here :beans:

Well, the good thing is... it's all speculation until we get an official developer post.

I have to disagree with the first part of your statement, friend. The game is what you want it to be. But the limitations set before us blockade the road ahead, so to speak. searching for the killer is some of the best fun I've had in the mod. Adds an other element to the game. Without it, then what? I'll have to become one of those morons out there with the mindset,"Shoot first, ask questions later"? Nope! Never!

As a mostly "lone wolf" type player, I would like to see identifying armbands, squad patch, something; if they want to use them I can more readily identify the group threat and act accordingly. I survive and enjoy the random pvp in the woods or some out of the way place 100X more than going to the "campgrounds" of Electro. Even solo you can get into and out of military bases and airfields where the squads lay in wait, you have to be slow and careful, if that doesnt get your juices flowing you are in the wrong game imo.

To clarify, I DON'T want it implemented but see the point being made, and could make use of it.

Edited by Tmar09

At least make a player's name permanent, right? I mean, that would help a lot. 

Dean is not really leaving, he is still under contract with Bohemia entertainment, he wont be as heavily involved with the game but he will still need to make appearances, he already sold the license for this game he is just there as a creative director, they pay him a percentage of all sales and he has a say in whats going on and he will still have that same obligation when he leaves. A lot of ppl think that the game will go down hill from there but that's not the case at all. Bohemia has a strong team of developers and they will be able to see his vision taugh, so worry not my friend, it will only get better.

The game is what you want it to be. But the limitations set before us blockade the road ahead, so to speak. searching for the killer is some of the best fun I've had in the mod. Adds an other element to the game. Without it, then what? I'll have to become one of those morons out there with the mindset,"Shoot first, ask questions later"? Nope! Never!

You only think there are limitations before you that prevent you from doing what you want to do because you're playing the game like deathmatch/team deathmatch when DayZ is neither of those things. In deathmatch, if someone kills you, you know who did it, you know their name and can hunt them down, stab them in the tits and teabag their corspe whilst yelling "you like that, huh? Bitch!" into your microphone. In Dayz, if someone kills you, you're dead. End of story. It's not a deathmatch, it's a survival simulation/game, and death is permanent. You start a new life from scratch and whilst you can remember that the dick in the gasmask with the M4 shot you for no good reason, your new player has no knowledge of them and there should be no nameplates, messages or notifications indicating the name of the person that killed you so that it's easier for you to exact revenge. Again, it's not a deathmatch. If you want to hunt them down then that's your choice, but if you're to be successful then you need to hunt them like you'd hunt a person (or spawn nearby and rush them with your fists up :rolleyes:).

No nameplates, nametags or death notifications should ever have a place in DayZ. If one wants to play a deathmatch then one should go and play a deathmatch game, DayZ will only ever disappoint in that regard.

• Like 2

At least make a player's name permanent, right? I mean, that would help a lot. 

Now remember, the problem with this is that many people are in clans. If someone is removed from the clan because of bad conduct, or they leave because of whatever reason, they would be unable to change their names without having to buy a new installation of DayZ or mucking about in their character files. This would also make it extremely easy for people to find famous streamers and kill them over-and-over again because the streamers would be unable to change their names.

I would be alright with the ability to change your in-game name at least once a month, or once every three months. I'm unsure of how they would go about doing that.

I for one hope that there will never be any floating name tags, they'd just take away from the immersion the game provides as it is now. I really like the fact that there isn't any HUD visible at all times.

I love the fact that you have to count the ammo on your clip and that there isn't any inbuilt always visible minimaps, healthbars and such. For me it's what makes this game what it is - something that's different from others.