Sign in to follow this  
Miquinei

Well, that was lame

So I was at Kamyshovo looking at fresh spawns and bandits. Didn't need to wait long and I can hear M4 shots and fresh spawns running circles on the street. I walk up the hill come but behind the bandit, the guy is smack bang in the middle I came a bit closer to make sure my Magnum takes him out instantly.

He was crouching and ADSing away from me. 

"Well time to respawn baddie" and I opened fire - what is happening? I hit invisible wall (as if I was shooting the ground) in front of me (I was standing still), I unload the rest of my mag and hide behind a tree. Dude realized and turned around, I was already behind a tree fully covered and boom 1 shot got me - I am bleeding. After reloading with my speed loader I peak to take more shots - same thing I hit invisible wall and pow, I am unconscious. 

The distance was maybe 10 meters? He had no cover at all and I aimed directly at him.

Anybody had the same experience? I must say I was out there for a death wish but this was the lamest thing that ever happened to me in this game.

I wished NVIDIA shadow play supported this game so I could show a video of it. 

Edited by Miquinei

There have been quite a few reports of bullet collision issues in recent weeks.  

you can use other free programs to record.

could have been horrible desync.

hows your connection? your ping? you pc spec?

i know it sounds lame, but its probably just being buggy dayz.

or a hack of course..but chances are less for that

you can use other free programs to record.

could have been horrible desync.

hows your connection? your ping? you pc spec?

i know it sounds lame, but its probably just being buggy dayz.

or a hack of course..but chances are less for that

I know I even purchased fraps but I haven't got enough storage to record every single game. Additionally the fps hit is too much, I like stable 50-60 fps. 

My specs: 

Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.40GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 

Graphics card: MSI Twin FrozR GeForce GTX 660 OC 2048MB GDDR5 

Ram: 8GB PC3-12800C9 1600MHz DDR3 

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H87-HD3 Intel H87 (Socket 1150) ATX 

My connection:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3093103289

Shadowplay works for me.  I have it set to always record the last 15 minutes.

And yes, I have hit invisible dirt walls before.  Usually happens when trying to shoot downhill, especially when prone.

• Like 1

Shadowplay works for me.  I have it set to always record the last 15 minutes.

And yes, I have hit invisible dirt walls before.  Usually happens when trying to shoot downhill, especially when prone.

What he said, as well as shooting uphill. Can't tell me how many times I've been shot at that a bullet has stopped dead in front of me that certainly would have killed me.

I wished NVIDIA shadow play supported this game so I could show a video of it. 

you always have MSI afterburner, I use it, disabled the overclocking bits, endabled the recording bits.. Free Fraps, with zero limitations!!

its a know bug with the terrain. If you shoot downhill you almost always hit the invisible wall. You have to get beside or below to shoot them. Would be nice to hear about a fix soon.

Edited by Chucknorris405

There's a "50 tips of Dayz" (in fact two of them) and in one it mentions that trees can sometimes have large boxes around them making it bigger than it is but that doesn't explain how you were shot back  :huh:

You can shoot downhill, but doing it from prone is a crapshoot at best. Uphill also is very buggy from prone.

I found that some of the ground cover foliage also acts as that invisible wall; if you try firing through a bush/ some brush/ tree branches, it also acts like the invisible noclip wall.

You guys should post this stuff in the bug tracker, it's all great info.  That's why we're here - to test the game.  You guys are doing just that, so good job.  Just start reporting things through the proper channels and we'll be well on our way to a better game.

• Like 1