mosibfu

Problem with getting kicked

Well the kicking people from servers to have a private save haven full of loot on a public hive is problematic, THIS IS NOT the topic to discuss that.

There is another problem with the kicking mechanism, witch I found when I joined the same server immediately after getting kicked.

I found my character still on the server, and he remained there the full 2.5 minutes that I was looking at myself, after witch I got bored and ran off.

So, long story short, when you get kicked by a badmin, your character will remain on that server for over 2 and a half minutes. At this time you probably still can get killed.

Now imagine this scenario for a second.. You hold up a noob, the noob says he cannot hear you very well, and you decide to TYPE, because your a stand up guy that doesn't want to kill said noob without due cause. But after pressing the return key, the noob knows your name, kicks you, punches you till you are dead, and takes your gear.

This need fixing, if you are forcefully removed from the server by the admin, without warning or time to hide, your character should also, at that time, be gone from the server.

The above statements in bold lettering, PLEASE give your opinion on said matter.

You can also vote this up/down on the bugtracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=9536

video;

Edited by mosibfu
  • Like 1

Ah. Yeah. It's bad? (I mean, what opinion did you expect?^^)

That the normal 30 second timer should apply is clear, but, well, 2 1/2 minutes, seem like unintentional to me = bug.

And I never type. That would mean to let my mouse go. Never let your mouse go. You can't shoot if you let it got. Hold it. Tight.

Actually I'm more worried about:

fists you till you are dead

Goddamn DayZ, what have you become...

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

That the normal 30 second timer should apply is clear, but, well, 2 1/2 minutes, seem like unintentional to me = bug.

Goddamn DayZ, what have you become...

But why 30 seconds, when you get kicked you dont have time to go to a safe spot, you could be in the middle of elektro, and admins can still kick without reason, leaving you defenseless..

It is implemented to stop combat loggers, not to punish people that get a kick, for whatever reason.

and yeah, i will change that to punches...

Edited by mosibfu

Please BIS,

I do not want to be fisted until I am dead. I do not even like fisting when its on the intranets. 

Thank you,

Irish

• Like 3

Please BIS,

I do not want to be fisted until I am dead. I do not even like fisting when its on the intranets. 

Thank you,

Irish

i changed my choice of words 2 minutes before your reply.. read faster man! seriously i would you your opinion on this matter Irish! (the BOLD lettering in OP)

100% this needs to be changed so it can't be taken advantage of, I think if you are kicked off the server it should be instant.

Because the Logout-timer mechanic can't distinguish why someone left a server. It just holds the character for 30 seconds after ther last recieved message afaik.

But yeah, if you get kicked, it shouldn't apply. Maybe that will be changed...but on a perfect server you would only be kicked for violating the rules...

Edited by LaughingJack

But why 30 seconds, when you get kicked you dont have time to go to a safe spot, you could be in the middle of elektro, and admins can still kick without reason, leaving you defenseless..

It is implemented to stop combat loggers, not to punish people that get a kick, for whatever reason.

Because 'badmins' will use no timer kicks to kick their friends out of a jam or to help them ghost other players.

Edited by Highlander007

I was playing with my clan yesterday on norweigian server ("Norweigian DayZ server (public/regular)" was the name), we trapped a guy into the elektro hospital. Just as I was about to rush him, admin started to kick everybody out, when we after the very fun 5 min wait logged in to another server, I was a freshspawn so the f*cker had killed me after kicking everybody out.

Edited by Makrilli
  • Like 2

Because 'badmins' will use no timer kicks to kick their friends out of a jam or to help them ghost other players.

But at the same time, this needs some kind of fix, it would really suck to be kicked and murdered like this.

Maybe since we are looking at forceful rejection from a server, we could say that the server obviously has a problem with said player, so player cannot join the same server for an extended period of time, almost like a semi-ban instead of a kick. This would put off the admins using it to help friends, i think?

Battle-eye kicks because of internet speed would have to be dealt with differently to normal kicks if this happened, obviously.

• Like 1

I was playing with my clan yesterday on norweigian server ("Norweigian DayZ server (public/regular)" was the name), we trapped a guy into the elektro hospital. Just as I was about to rush him, admin started to kick everybody out, when we after the very fun 5 min wait logged in to another server, I was a freshspawn so the f*cker had killed me after kicking everybody out.

Report the server please - so that abusive guy gets what he deserves: Getting his server shut down without any compensation.

Server rules say:

You may not perform the following actions on your server :

• Restart server to farm loot 
  • Restart server to protect your character integrity after dying 
  • Kick players without just cause 
  • Lock / Password the server
Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

the most people get kicked for reasons, i think hackers or exploiters ... i have admin rights from my communityserver and i have kicked 3 people.

2 of them using clearly ESP and 1 of them has killed people out of the bugroom in the jailbuilding. Sometimes im running balota airfield and watch into the bugrooms, when i found an gyu in there i speak to him.

and when i get hes name i kick him and kill him. cause he is ruining my community. i send a global message that i have killed him for bugabusing so hes mates know why he got kicked and killed.

Thank you everybody for your answers and opinions, this is starting to be a constructive thread with pro's and cons

Damn man, sorry this had to happen to you, please do follow LaughingJack's advice, and also I have put this up the bugtracker, you could post your story there there aswell, so the dev's see it.

the most people get kicked for reasons, i think hackers or exploiters ... i have admin rights from my communityserver and i have kicked 3 people.

2 of them using clearly ESP and 1 of them has killed people out of the bugroom in the jailbuilding. Sometimes im running balota airfield and watch into the bugrooms, when i found an gyu in there i speak to him.

and when i get hes name i kick him and kill him. cause he is ruining my community. i send a global message that i have killed him for bugabusing so hes mates know why he got kicked and killed.

Eisenmaik, I respect you for not abusing your admin powers, and just using them for good. And the fact that you killed the guy is sort of a bonus in this case. Still having heard Makrilli's story pains me more, then the fact that you kicked/killed the glitcher makes me feel good. If your server is in europe, could you PM me your server name, I will surely add you to favorites!

Yeah highlander, you certainly have a good point there, tho there is always the log in timer. The question here is probably, would you rather have a badmin save his friends by kicking them, getting reported possibly losing his server, and no innocent lives have been lost. Or would you rather have a group of innocent players killed by a badmin, whilst they were kicked and defenseless, this way the badmin also has all their guns, and gear (since he has the time to simply headshot everyone)..

Edited by mosibfu

why i do think its crap and you should report them. You chose your servers.......poorly. Stick to the ones with proper names and you wont get kicked......problem solved

Edited by Chucknorris405

why i do think its crap and you should report them. You chose your servers.......poorly. Stick to the ones with proper names and you wont get kicked......problem solved

Look at the video, that server name did not show any sign of being a "kick on join" server, it actually seemed trustworthy, since it had a name, thus being an asshat, would ruin this (good) name.

Edited by mosibfu

I can only echo the sentiments of others. If you encounter this behaviour, you should report the server ASAP. If someone wants to play fast and loose with the TOS they should be punished. Let them come here and whine and cry, it will expose them for the scum that they are.

yeah, that is actually why i went back into the server while recording, i did not get a 2nd kick tho, the guy just decided to restart server after 5 minutes or so

Im one of those badmins you hate for no apparent reason, and the only players I kick are dupers. And I hope to god that this holds true for them as well, so maybe another player can come by and take all their shit, AND their dupes shit.

• Like 1

i changed my choice of words 2 minutes before your reply.. read faster man! seriously i would you your opinion on this matter Irish! (the BOLD lettering in OP)

You want my opinion? I disagree.. I think there should be a 15 min timer if you get kicked that leaves you in game for that long..

Wut, not whut u expected? ;)

You want my opinion? I disagree.. I think there should be a 15 min timer if you get kicked that leaves you in game for that long..

Wut, not whut u expected? ;)

LOL Irish, just as i expected, your the forum user living under the bridge asking toll.. However i still love you for who you are and value your opinion.

Death by fisting? 

mother-of-god.gif

On topic though yeah that seems like a pretty serious issue.  Post it to the bug tracker and make it known to the devs that this is happening so they can fix it.

Edited by Mdogg2005

Oh man that's great :D I'm curious what would have happened if you killed yourself.. Would you have died synchronously with your clone? Somebody has to try this!!

One of my friends has been kicked 3 times because of his name, which has no reason to be kicked. Still have yet to report the server because the current report system makes it very difficult to report....or I'm not smart enough.

Im one of those badmins you hate for no apparent reason, and the only players I kick are dupers. And I hope to god that this holds true for them as well, so maybe another player can come by and take all their shit, AND their dupes shit.

Im sorry i did not reply earlier to your post, you seem to be an admin, using your admin powers to keep the server/hive clean.

Im mostly talking about admins that kick on join, admins like that example of the squad getting kicked, and then killed.. those are BADmins, basically people using their admin powers as an exploit.

Edited by mosibfu