Sign in to follow this  
Tricky_Vic

Building weapons.

What if we could build guns?

Find an M4 barrel?

Take it and replace the old worn out barrel in your torn up M4 with a new one.

Mosin' wood stock messed up?

Replace it!

Find all the parts to a Revolver?

Get a kit and build it!

Whaddya'll think?

Need a tools and time but doable. How much in game time would you spent crafting a gun ? More than it takes to find a new one ? 

Need a tools and time but doable. How much in game time would you spent crafting a gun ? More than it takes to find a new one ? 

This

28983658.jpg

only if the guns in the game that are already build would be in a worn or badly damaged condition.

Doesn't make a lot of sense for a weapon to be lying around for months on end during the apoc all messed up.

But, what if certain weapons you hand built have some sort of auguement-

-Better Accuracy

-Less Recoil

-Increased Range

-Longer Life

-More Durable

Just one of those random chance effects upon the guns completion.

only if the guns in the game that are already build would be in a worn or badly damaged condition.

Doesn't make a lot of sense for a weapon to be lying around for months on end during the apoc all messed up.

But, what if certain weapons you hand built have some sort of auguement-

-Better Accuracy

-Less Recoil

-Increased Range

-Longer Life

-More Durable

Just one of those random chance effects upon the guns completion.

Ehh I kinda feel that player built weapons/parts shouldn't be better than their original counterparts. I actually think they should be slightly worse. The benefit simply being the new parts would be in pristine condition but they would have a little less accuracy, more recoil, etc...

This kind of reminds me of the improvised weapons from the Metro Series where makeshift guns were produced to fill the gap with the dwindling "Real" guns. They were inferior to the better attributes of their original counterparts but they got the job done. Besides, not every survivor in an apocalypse would realistically be a master gun smith.

The ability to "craft" a gun would be interesting... perchance you could interchange parts to make a more improvised weapon that fits your particular play style...

i would like some improvised weapons, like this:

1387870282171.jpg

Weapon crafthing should be limited to bows and melee weapons in my opinion. Maybe some kind of the Metro 2033/ Last Light weapons. But they would be worse than the weapons you find and I guess only used on Hardcore servers when guns are realy rare.

Weapon crafting should be extensive but hard.Make every weapon/part craftable.From firaxes to rocket launchers.

Also,give the player the ability to even craft the required machinery for them.

But beware,while i suggest theese things,i don't have the desire to take an inch of the ingame realism.