Sign in to follow this  
Brim1944

Character Reset?

So ever since the new update I have been having this issue as well as all of my friends. 

For example we might play on a UK server and log off for the day, and then come back later on. When we join back on a different server/another UK server we find that all our gear is gone and we have respawned on the coast for an odd reason. It has happened to me consistently for the past week and my friend has lost all of his gear twice now.

It's not gamebreaking and its not making the game unplayable but it is very frustrating when it happens almost every single time we try to play. It's a massive time waster.

I know that in the DayZ mod you could see which servers were connected to the hive but you cant in SA. I heard that the unconnected servers are the issue in causing this? 

Any help would be appreciated!

• Like 1

Me and my lass had the same thing happening to us, we just ended up choosing one server and just sticking to it. We were getting the problem from the UK SA server hosted by gaming delux, then playing on another server and our stuff was gone. Now we stick to the " Dayz uk 1-275 (so on and so forth) hosted by multiplaygameservers. And the problem went away for us. Hope it helps. 

I am having the same problem. Character got reset over 5 times in one day.

I have tried different severs and even tried to play on only 1 server, but it still gets reset.

Really sucks.

I am having the same problem. Character got reset over 5 times in one day.

I have tried different severs and even tried to play on only 1 server, but it still gets reset.

Really sucks.

exactly the same for me D:  

Yes !  I hav same proplem charter reset several times and its so funny to listen how players whining guns colors and sounds when game hav this big proplem  :)

and  I know its EARLY ALPHA no need remain but I think game need somekind manual backup store to charter or every1 stopped playing this like me now.

Edited by FoxGamerFin

Its happened to me twice now. Looted with friends, friends helped me get a mosin and I found a M4 and I was ready to PVP with them. We hopped servers, and when I did, I spawn on the coast with no gear. Went back to the other server, still spawned on the coast, its really frustrating. I know its Alpha, but why me..

Been a while since I posted this but I've run into another equally annoying issue. 

My player got reset so I tried to join another server in the hope I might get back on to the same profile again but instead it just kept spawning me in different places. Eventually I did find a server that let me play with all my old gear back, however it hasnt overwritten the other, so some servers play the new character and some play the old. I play on the US East servers and they are all different with which profile I get. 

Is there any way at all for me to make one a default player so I dont need to worry about which server to play on?

Seems that people only complain about GameDeluxe servers.. i play mainly in one server, and that is GD-s.. char resets happen almost daily. Which is weird as my friends who play also on that server, they have no issues.

Amachie, it happens on Vilayer hive servers too. I've been running around Berezino for total 24 hours now just gearing up then getting reset. I was sticking to one server as well.

Been a while since I posted this but I've run into another equally annoying issue. 

My player got reset so I tried to join another server in the hope I might get back on to the same profile again but instead it just kept spawning me in different places. Eventually I did find a server that let me play with all my old gear back, however it hasnt overwritten the other, so some servers play the new character and some play the old. I play on the US East servers and they are all different with which profile I get. 

Is there any way at all for me to make one a default player so I dont need to worry about which server to play on?

Brim, I had this on one of the older stable branches too :S