Sign in to follow this  
ispecter

Server login timer is F***ed.

Quit being a bitch about it and go watch a 5 minute Youtube video then log back in.  

I gotta say, I was a little irritated with this too. If I have a glitch that can only be fixed by re-logging, then I would re-log onto the same server and I would get a timer.

You don't even know bro. I got so pissed off that I pooped myself a little.

But, I just whip out Flappy Birds and flap my way to happiness while waiting. (High score is 202 btw. Hope ur jealous.)

What glitch exactly can only be fixed by re-logging?

What glitch exactly can only be fixed by re-logging?

Sometimes I get a glitch where I can't do a light jog anymore. My guy will stay walking and the only way to move faster is to use Turbo. I tried the "toggle always walk" thing where you have to hit shift twice, but that won't work either. So I have to re-log. 

There's also another one where the in-game chat icon is still on the screen and won't go away.

Sometimes I get a glitch where I can't do a light jog anymore. My guy will stay walking and the only way to move faster is to use Turbo. I tried the "toggle always walk" thing where you have to hit shift twice, but that won't work either. So I have to re-log. 

There's also another one where the in-game chat icon is still on the screen and won't go away.

Try RMB? Because sometimes you will have your fists in...aiming mode. You can't see it but it reduces your speed...

But if that's not helping it may be a bug...

Its seriously five minutes. How hard is it to entertain your self for five minutes?

Well, don't know about you but i bought the game to play it, not to entertain myself while NOT playing the game. The system is just FUBAR, actually it doesn't prevent server hopping at all but annoys every other player that has been kicked or the game crashed. It is as useless as the copy protections some games has/had. It just pissed of the legit users while it almost has no effect on server hoppers.

Ah cmon. What's the wait/play ratio for a normal player that experiences the timer because of a crash/server restart etc.? 1/100? I'd say even more if you stay on favourite servers.... So for every 100 minutes played you have to wait one minute. That is FUBAR?^^

Edited by LaughingJack

I presume you've never played the ArmA series before.

Right click your mouse once if you're stuck in a walking method, double tap caps lock if the in-game chat icon is always on.

Not bugs, just misunderstandings.

I presume you've never played the ArmA series before.

Right click your mouse once if you're stuck in a walking method, double tap caps lock if the in-game chat icon is always on.

Not bugs, just misunderstandings.

Oh okay. Thank you. And you're right, I didn't play the Arma games.

Server hoping and looting "whoring" is part of the game  since shit doesn't respawn. 

Server hoping and looting "whoring" is part of the game  since shit doesn't respawn. 

Sure there's rules about flame baiting, but to the point, when experimental hits stable server hoppers are going to start crapping all over the forums saying the loots not spawning and "can't find anything" because they are beginning to redistribute the loot around the map, I'm assuming for when item respawn is implemented. 

Edit: I had a few thing's to do and forgot why I was writing about loot spawns,

So ha ha ha ha enjoy it while it last's you cheap exploiter.

Edited by Window Licker

In my opinion, the timer should be removed until they fix certain elements of the game that cause you to have to leave a server. e.g. not being able to punch, amongst other things...

As people have said, this is Alpha, balance issues aren't really what should be getting fixed, especially when they penalise you for experiencing other bugs, through no fault of your own.

Edited by AJSawyer

Yeah okay, we have heard all of these reasons for the removal of the timer before so before things get out of control on my end.

/ragequit thread

• Like 1

I gotta say, I was a little irritated with this too. If I have a glitch that can only be fixed by re-logging, then I would re-log onto the same server and I would get a timer.

But, I just whip out Flappy Birds and flap my way to happiness while waiting. (High score is 202 btw. Hope ur jealous.)

It can be annoying, but yeah wait five minutes and bammo back in game....also I am super jealous.

• Like 1

Well, don't know about you but i bought the game to play it, not to entertain myself while NOT playing the game. The system is just FUBAR, actually it doesn't prevent server hopping at all but annoys every other player that has been kicked or the game crashed. It is as useless as the copy protections some games has/had. It just pissed of the legit users while it almost has no effect on server hoppers.

You're not playing the game now. You weren't when you were sleeping last night or eat breakfast in the morning. Why not?? You bought the game you should be playing it 24/7 right? Where's ur post about having to wait for it to load up - you didn't buy the game for you to wait whilst it loads right?

I hope they make it 15 minutes for a server swap now.

Great feed back god dam I love this forum. The thing I'm stressing here is dayz dev team is great at wasting my time.

I know and understand why they added that feature but this game crashes, kicks or bugs out and it results in unnecessary wait timers. Here's another example, sometimes when I join a server my sound doesn't work.. So I relog and wait 300 seconds.

It does more bad then good.

Edited by xRyan99
  • Like 1

God dam iPhone spell check your worse then the dayz dev team for dumb features! Where's the edit button?

you're a tool. Accept it and move on. I have issues with servers and sometimes have to wait out the timer. It's not a big deal. 

I agree with the OP, yes this is ALPHA but they put that stupid timer in on purpose. Now, I love the timer as well but like the OP said, to join a low pop server then be kicked immediately by some low level admin scum puts a damper on your day because you want to join and start jogging for 8 miles and not have to wait 5 minutes every time you disconnect or get kicked. 

Now do I think it warrants a firing or ten lashings? No, but come on people it needs to be fixed. No doubt there.

• Like 1

>having a smartphone

>having flappy bird

>bragging about highscore no-one gives a shit about

just, fucking no

>having a smartphone

>having flappy bird

just, fucking no

>taking post too seriously

just, fucking no

You're not playing the game now. You weren't when you were sleeping last night or eat breakfast in the morning. Why not?? You bought the game you should be playing it 24/7 right? Where's ur post about having to wait for it to load up - you didn't buy the game for you to wait whilst it loads right?

I hope they make it 15 minutes for a server swap now.

Yep, twisting facts up will surely make it any better. The time i can play is limited, no need to cut this even more artificially. You, Sir, won the internetz.

>having a smartphone

>having flappy bird

just, fucking no

>taking post too seriously

just, fucking no

>Doing green text wrong

>Doing it outside of 4chan

>Not even making it green

Just, fucking no.

See I don't get it, I get happy when a server restarts even if I have to take the time penalty.  Means chances of new loot, and if your into gun fights it means people running to get the loot.  It's really a win win situation.  Who cares about the few minutes you can't play the game talk about a sense of entitlement.

Oh and to everyone who says they were kicked by admins, I have played for a while and have friends that have played sense this game came out and not one of us has been kicked by admins from a server.  I'm positive it happens (I've seen videos of it) but it's not near as often as people make it out to be.