Alex LWG

Your first time being a bandit.

im the guy that if you startle just shoots first and gets bitched at for it later.

That's exactly who I am. Over the couple of days that I've played this mod, I've teamed up with someone, on 2 separate occasions, and I must say, it was great fun. However, my first bandit kill was in Three Valleys. I'm a total noob at this game, I've had about 20 lives, but the most advanced weapon I've got was the Enfield, and I always get lost. The only place I know my way around is Three Valleys, whenever I spawn there, I always make my way to this barn which has loot (primary weapon, food, flares, lights etc.) and stay there for a while, joining different servers to get more loot. However, this time, I see a guy laying down, walking up the stairs. Without even thinking, I got scared and shot 5 rounds of a shotgun into him. Since then, I've killed another person as well, but each time I do it, the server seems to crash right after, so I still have a survivor skin... should be great for infiltration >:D

The first time I killed a guy I was low on ammo and was havin bad luck. Then I saw this dipshit sprinting around the coast in the open. I went into cover and stalked him for about 10 minutes before he stopped to look at some cans. I sprinted up behind him and emptied a mag into his mid section.

He had a full set of starter gear. That was pretty helpful.

It was my first day on dayz I had got some decent loot and I was killed so I wasnt in a very good mood. I spawn near cherno eventually find a sniper and explore and loot for a bit. I start leaving cherno and once im nearing a smaller village I hear shots behind me. It turns out to be a guy being chased by about 5 zombies. And cause I was still not in a good mood I shot him and he died.

Got on with my Aus friends (we all have at least one of em) and their live free bandits who play smart most of the time. While checking our supplies, we heard makarov shot in the distance. Them being bandits, wanted to kill the guy and them knowing I've been practicing my SNIPING skills; wanted me to do it.

I'm no killer, nor do I want to be. I'm on my first life still which has over 30 hours of gameplay on it with no killings other than zombies. I wasn't going to kill him but with no primary on his back and him running around like a mad man, had about 15 zeds on his tail and this was AFTER he killed a few. We all knew we was going to die from the horde so I decided to make a mercy killing. Gone prone and zeroed in at 600, I wanted for him to run at a steady pace. Once I was in the clear, I took em down with a headshot. My bandit friend enjoyed the show but I hope he has better luck in the next life.

my first blood was quite a rush. I was running through the woods when I spotted a downed chopper, I decided to check it out and ended up with an AS50 for the first time. So I immediately decided that i would go get my first kill, and i decided that balota airfield was the best place for me to do it. i decided to take my position slightly northeast of the ATC tower in the woods since its the highest point, and people often go there. sure enough within 5 minutes of being there i see a swarm of zombies chasing a survivor into the building. after a minute or so I see the survivor emerge from the staircase onto the top of the tower.At this point I decide that it is now or never, so i lined up the cross-hairs and with my index finger shaking worse than a chihuahua in Alaska in the dead of winter i shot and hit him dead on in the chest...one shot one kill

First murder was a complete accident, axed a guy as he came around the corner as I was just fighting off zombies. I felt horrible about it cause upon looting him he had pretty much no gear so I knew he just spawned. Second time I geared up decently and I headed into a house after another guy, not sure what my plan was but when I saw he was armed I got scared and shot him in the back of the head. Felt a little bad about it but justified it as preserving my life cause he would have shot me for my better gear. After that I had very little contact with any other players until finally near the NWAF I was attacked by 2 players and I proceeded to take them both out, only suffering a minor injury. Felt no remorse since they attacked first. After losing gear to a hacker I spent more time down in the coastal cities attempting to get some PvP action since wandering the north got a little boring.

Got sniped, then got killed in a fire station (I shot first with a shotgun and it sucked, his enfield finished me quickly). Then I was able to kill someone at the airfield in Balota as he came down the stairs of the control tower. Since then I've been attempting to be a bandit although I've been killed more than I kill. I did let someone live since they only had an axe and they didn't rush me although I died shortly after to a satchel charge.

Today I got over excited at what seemed to be a sure kill. A guy was on the eastern hill sniping into Elecktro and I attempted to shoot him with my enfield at almost 300 m. My aim wasn't good enough and he eventually found me and took me out before I could get him. I may try my hand at banditry again but I need to get better at killing before being killed.

When I first played DayZ I grouped up with other people

Simply because I couldn't figure out how to survive against hordes of zombies on my own yet

After a few gaming sessions I was getting confident with the game and knew how to survive most of the stuff being thrown at me

It was that moment when I met one last time with the group of strangers(we were organizing through Steam) that I roamed around for the last couple of days

When they had their back turned to me I cut them down without any hard feelings

Took their most valuable loot and buried their corpses

By the time I had things figured out my clan had started playing DayZ already

So I betrayed a bunch of strangers and joined the rest of my clan, which I've been gaming with now for about 6 years

Edited by Hawk24

Me and a friend were checking out Cherno. Some guys had killed one of our other friends, so I hauled ass over to the medical tents and cherno to meet up with my friend who survived. As we went to enter the tents, two guys ran out and turned left facing away from us... we gunned them both down earning one murder each.

The first time I played this game a couple months ago, I came across a survivor with a better gun than I had. After hearing so much about the PVP side of this game, as soon as I tricked him into turning his back to me, I shot him in the head.

That's how I became a bandit within minutes of just starting to play this game.

My first kill was rather simple. I was spawning again from Komarovo after a rather infuriating run: I was low on blood, had a lot of raw meat, a wood pile sitting in my inventory, but despite my diligent searching, matches decided to troll me. What's more, my corpse was all the way in Gorka, and I was not looking forward to the run, especially since I'd lost my precious map with that death. After finding a hatchet, I eventually ran into a barn and... lo and behold, I meet Johnny, standing there with an M911 out and a czech backpack on his shoulders. My first instinct is to attack - and I hack away, sending him to the floor. I recovered everything I'd lost and then some - but no matches, and found another animal so I got the meat back. There was no build-up to the encounter, no suspense as to who would come out on top, he didn't even have time to react. To his perspective it must have been "okay now I'll OH GOD AXE IN FACE" because that's precisely what happened in the first few seconds I ran in.

The kill, though gratifying in getting me back on my feet, felt empty because of how simple it was. There was no hunt, no chase, just an ohai whack whack loot. Now I'm looking for a kill that'll get the adrenaline pumping, but given that I have a long way to go before I'm even a half-decent shot in open combat, I think I'll just be feeding someone else's bloodlust for now.

Edited by Slaughterfest Sam

story of my life bro

I did not start off wanting to be a bandit

But other people made me sour

Same here. I did nothing to shoot people and tried to help them unless they shot first, but they always turned on me. So, one day, when I respawned in Elektro, found a makarov with 6 clips, saw a guy with a czech backpack climbing the ladder into that 3 story building near the supermarket, I shot him in the back without hesitation, unloading clips until he fell. I looted his body to find an M4A3 CCO, An M9 SD (the backpack of course), and some good amount of food supplies. I was sick of being pushed around, and don't regret shooting the guy, as it was a sort of cosmic payback to all the douchebags who shot me when I gave them morphine or when I give ammo to people, they shoot me and troll me in the chat. I haven't turned back ever since as too many assholes betray you, and it just can't be done these days to be friendly. It's IMPOSSIBLE.

Edited by Audiobat7

I had just died and spawned on the outskirts of Elektro. My friend was waiting for me at Berezino, so I thought the fastest way to just kill myself in Elektro, was to find another player and if that didn't work, there were atleast the zombies.

I begin to run through the town, looking for zombies and after less than 5 minutes of running mindlessly and with 10+ zombies behind me, I notice that I'm near the church. Well, what the heck, there always could be someone inside.

I run into the church and what do you know, there's a survivor with a Makarov. I act panicked and shout to my mic: "Help me! There's zombies behind me! Shoot them!". I didn't really think he would actually start shooting the zombies, but he did.

After a while of astonishment, I notice there's another Makarov just behind the other survivor. My evil side starts taking over and I'm pondering to myself: "Should I just ask him to kill me, or should I kill him...". After a few seconds of thinking, I decide to let the evil side take over.

I grab the Makarov behind him, and I'm so relieved that there's two mags for it. I whisper to the other survivor: "Thanks for your help. And sorry". I emptied the whole Makarov mag in his back. I felt so bad and hey, I was in the church! Was there a more horrible place to make such a dick move?

Well, I get over it rather quickly and start slaloming through the zombies outside, when I see another survivor just outside the church. I begin to empty the other mag on him, but he manages to hide from me somehow. I run around the church looking for him, but it's no use. He's gone.

Oh well, I had my fun, time to die now. I stand in the middle of the road and listen my character scream as the few zombies left are eating me alive.

Edited by HavokFI

Was up in Balota airstrip, heard a few shots so went to investigate. There were two guys with AKMs there shooting zombies (I hate to come to a place I want to loot just to find some other guys took all the valuables). Before this I always held fire until shot at or if someone obviously is out to kill me, but this time I engaged first with my MP5SD6 in CQB, they didn't know a thing, but shortly after I notice another two guys who were fully aware of my presence somehow (probably the same squad, with voicechat). The first one spotted me first and opened fire before I could, but I managed to live with about 2500 blood left. I was really worried at that point because I had no idea how big this squad was, I only knew about one other guy and on top of that there was a chance I'd pass out in the middle of a CQB firefight. I got a clean headshot on him while he was searching for me, luckily. This is how I killed a four man squad in under 5 minutes, with only one being able to shoot back. I felt like some kind of SpecOps badass after the fight lol. They had nothing I'd want though >.<

This fucker ran right in front of me. I had an enfield. I got a full kit in less then two seconds.

And people complain about not being able to find NVG's.

I tried playing nice at first, but after being KoS'd every time I came across somebody, even when I had no items, I finally decided to Bandit.

My first kill I was on a fresh spawn, I ran up to the Balota deerstands and found nothing but some chemlights and 1 grenade, but I drop down to about 8000 blood from being retarded and messing with zombies. So I head up to the ATC tower, check around the top for weapons, and find nothing. But I exited and went outside the chain link fence because I had to log off to go do some irl stuff. I come back later that day, spawn outside the fence again, and decide to check the top again. I go up and find an AKM with 2 mags. Right as I'm about to head down I hear gun shots. 2 guys have ran across the strip, dropping chemlights along the way and killing the following zombies. As they get near the ATC, I head to the very top and prone. They get outside the front door and stop, looking around and clearing the zombies. One is carrying what looks like an M4A1 (Not sure, was still kind of noob to guns at the time) and the other a revolver. Taking my chance, I roll a grenade down there. By the time it gets down, Revolver guy is already inside, but the M4A1 is watching the door. The grenade goes off and knocks him unconcious but doesn't kill, so I fire 2 shots into his chest which was all I could see and I pick up the murder.

The other guy has ran inside now. I know there is only the one exit, so I wait, watching that entrance, not wanting to climb the ladder down the roof in case he was in the top room. After a few minutes, he tosses a chem out the front door. I head down the ladder, proceed down the stairs, checking my corner each time, and finally find him on the bottom floor tucked away behind the stairs. I can see a shoulder, so I lean over to the side and put a bullet into his head. I see blood, and duck back around the corner a second, but I never get the murder. I lean back over again to see if he is still standing, and take a revolver shot. It knocks me out, breaks my leg (wtf?), and I start bleeding out. By the time I come to again, I'm down to <1000 blood, and it looks like the guy downstairs is gone. I quickly try to bandage as I'm bleeding out, but as my guy got to a knee to bandage, my attacker pops up from behind the stairs again and shoots me, killing me.

My first time of being a bandit was when I had just been killed and decided after abit of looting to run straight north as I thought it would be safer, within 5 minutes I was lost. I came across this town and being low on food and water I was definately going to check it out. I only had a hatchet, no pistol, slowly crouch walking checking out the buildings. I went into a small log cabin and saw this guy proning on the floor with a Lee Enfield on his back and a nice tasty Alice Pack. I really was thinking to just leave him but the bandit inside me came out to play. I hacked at his corpse for about 2 minutes, not sure if he was dead or not. I heard flies and looted his stuff. I was estatic at the fact I had a rifle. That was short lived, I ran up to a Deerstand, trying to climb the ladder I accidently shot, Zeds comming from everywhere I tried to hide in the Deerstand. 15 dead Zeds later, 3000 Blood, I eventually died....

Guy was cheating at NW baracks, started trying to creep us out over in game voice. Buddy went out first and got chopped up by a guy in a ghillie and I mowed him down with the AK. About 5 mins later he tele'd on top of us again. (same guy wearing ghillie, thankfully he wasen't using god mode). It was a private server, and he was the admin so we just founda new server.

Well, the first time was when me and a friend were playing toghether for the first time. We were both pretty new at the time and he was keen on seeing some action. We ran around and raided some villages, held standoffs in churches and stuff like that - against zombies of course at this point. In retrospect it's a damn wonder we didn't attract more attention than we did - i guess we were just half a step ahead of trouble all the time.

We cleaned out Green Mountain and some Norwegian pops out of the bushes with only starting gear (Timmeh I believe he was called). In the beginning we just ignored his advances and decided to leave him. But since he kept drawing zombies all the time we shot them to help him out. Then my friend got the bloodlust and begged me if we could shoot the son of a bitch, which i accepted. Even though I didn't really fire any shots I gave the all clear, and it really felt as if we had crossed a big red line. We had a hearty laugh about it and left, even though we felt kinda bad.

The next thing we knew my friend was shot in the back while holding on to my gear as i was checking a deer tower. I ran into the woods without my guns, and watched, traumatized and helpless, as the perps looted his body.

Some time later I checked a deer tower and instinctively noticed a strange presence. I scanned the woods and noticed some guy hiding behind the tree. I shoot him dead despite my shitty, frantic aiming as he tried to hide and make himself even smaller behind the tree. Turns out he had a PDW - stashed in his BACKPACK. Oh well.

And then there was the dumbass running around the corner holding his flashlight. But that was his fault for scaring me.

Edited by The Otmel Strangler

I had just restarted after dying in Berezino, second death (first happened inside cherno in my first five minutes).

I was inside the Balota airfield, chatting to a couple of randoms on my local communities TS server. We hit it off and decided to group up, before that could happened, we had to meet up. Now inside the airfield, I ended up getting swarmed and barely managed to fight off the zeds, it was at this time, battered and bleeding, that a random player came to my aid, a particularly well geared guardian angel swept down from the heavens and bandaged up my wounds, dropped food/water and started to leave.

It was then that I saw his AK and backpack, without even stopping to think, I put a bullet right into the back of his skull. When I finally linked up with the others who later formed my crew, I was up one alice backpack, an AKM with four clips, a silenced M9, map, compass, binoculars and a whole load of other things.

It was the start of a beautiful thing.

You jerk. But, I suppose you ARE a bandit...

After about a couple days of playing I finally had enough gear to start venturing north. I ran up to meet a friend and his squad in Stary. As I was skirting the town in the treeline, a guy jogged out of some bushes about 100m ahead of me. Clearly doing the same thing as me, he continued scouting along the trees....with me hot on his heels, slowly catching up. He kept stopping to scope his DMR at the town, looking for people to kill...or avoid. Finally, after pursuing him for 2-3 minutes, I had a clear shot and took it with my Lee Enfield. This was back before they got nerfed, so the guy instantly slumped over.

+ DMR

+ Rangefinders

+ Coyote Pack

+ everything I needed to round of my tools and supplies.

Great first kill. Dumb luck that he popped out of the treeline ahead of me rather than behind me.

My first unprovoked kill ended up not being an actual kill. Happened 2 or 3 months ago. Nothing special or elaborate, but it sure was exciting for me at the time.

I was making my way from deer stand to deer stand. Had an AKM as my primary and was getting somewhat comfortable with the game. It was getting close to dark and as I was about to cross a gulley, I spotted another player cross in front of me about 200 meters away. Normally, back then, I would have stayed hidden till he passed and headed the other way, but this time I decided to follow since he wasn't being very cautious about being spotted. Within a minute or two, I realized he was heading towards the deer stand I had originally planned to visit next. For some reason that kind of irked me since I considered that MY loot and I had already trekked a decent ways to get there. I followed carefully behind him a bit further and he eventually came to the deer stand and started crouch walking towards it along the treeline. "A bit too late for him to be careful, now.", I thought to myself. I stopped and leaned out from a tree behind him. Heart started to beat a bit faster. Shoot him? Yes, shoot him. That's my loot he's about to take. What's the range? 200 meters? Maybe get closer. Am I certain he's alone? Not sure. Nah, he's alone. Would have spotted a buddy by now if he had one. Too far to be sure of a first shot hit with these iron sights and so close to dark. I wanted to make sure of a kill with him having no chance to shoot back. Now that he was closer to the stand he seemed to get a bit spooked; stopping longer and looking around more. Each time he moved towards the stand with his back to me, I darted to the next tree; closing the gap. When I got to about 100 meters range, I stopped and waited. Shortly after, he stopped. The zeds were close to him, but he was between the zeds and me. It was very close to dark by them. He's close to the ladder. Move closer? No, take it. Take the shot. Now or never. I took aim, center mass, and fired. He went down immediately, but I didn't see a "killed" message.

Did I miss? Can't see him. Zeds started started towards me. Crap. He's alive and those zeds are going to vector to me and give away my position. A couple seconds later, he stands up and drops again. Ah, I got him in the legs - broken. He tried to get up and run and, in doing so, pulled the three zombies onto him. They maul him and he dies. I dispatch the zeds with my 1911 and search his bag. Only thing of use was a few cokes and cans of beans. I then checked the deer stand to collect my loot and there wasn't a damn thing in there but tin cans.

Nothing epic but, like every other kill or death in this game, I learned a few more lessons that helps me stay alive in game.

Edited by Double_Back

Well my first attempt at playing this game i was an instant bandit trust no one.

(why i became a bandit)

But i met a friend added him on steam etc so then we were two people who didnt know where the hell we were hahaha so we were damn lost. He convinced me to be good (Rehab) so then i was a friendly survivor who would help the needy but be careful and watch them as i go.

So i see this guy running into a construction yard i go in after him saying "friendly coming in to construction. I know where you are man!" so we share a campfire for about a minute and dont point my gun at the guy. so when i was watching him the prick turns around and shoots my head. Instant death. I didnt lose much! I asked him why he killed me and he replied "I dont like mexicans..". so i just said "it's ayt its part of the game..."

(Bandit Kill)

right after that i swore to kill everything in my sight. I got one of my friends to play and we started to go into town just looking for a primary for him. So when we got into town we pass the cranes and see this guy with a flare crouch walking. I tell my friend to take the shot and he does nails him, the guy collapses. We tried to loot his corpse but we thought it glitched so we went away looking for a better weapon. When we look back we see him get up and we decide to finish him. I got a Enfield of him and as soon as i get it his friend is trying to snipe me and my buddy with a makarov. I quickly aim my gun at his chest and fire. More zombies come and we decide to go to the port and make a decoy, we got away safely and continue to kill who we want to kill. I dont like getting backstabbed anymore... never again...

I can't even count the amount of times I've been backstabbed man. I always try to help them just to lose everything. A newspawn I protected stole a gun from my pack and tried to break my leg!

First Kill was when I was showing this game to a friend. While looking for vehicles and passing by the Lighthouse inbetween Cherno and Electro we suddenly noticed a ghillie suit guy with a L85A2 AWS. I only had an Enfield but it I wasnt willing to take the risk of dying without a fight. I shot him once, he turned towards us and I ran. I circled around him and downed him with another shot, then I closed in on him and empty'd a makarov clip into his head, just to make sure.

The loot was worthless, he had the gun but no ammo for it, so with pain in my hearth, and lack of room in my backpack I left.

My second kill was in the Electro Factory/Firestation. I walked up the tower to look for weapons and on my way down I encountered a guy with a handgun and crossbow. He started shooting but luckily his aim was worthless. I rushed down after emptying a full G18 clip and switched to my AK. When he came down, I sprayed the doorway and finally got the chance to bandage. Due to lack of food I had to live with 6000 Blood, but when I left the fire station I was shot. I died.

Kill number three was in the next life, I found an M24 and decided to try to be an annoying-bitchy asshole myself. On the roof of the docks I noticed a fresh spawn. Considering him innocent I decided not to shoot him, but when he came out of one of the building, looking me straight into the eyes and throwing something towards me, at that moment I thaught it was a frag, but it was a flare. I shot him in the head and watched him falling down. This kill I regret the most, as he was harmless and this was a douchebag kill on my side.

The fourth was after I came down from the docks building and went to the supermarket for some food. A tent was right in front of it, ITS A TRAPPPP, but I couldnt resist checking it out. A Lee enfield was inside, and I decided to gtfo from there for my own safety. However, a freshspawn walked up to the tent aswell and I tryed to communicate with him. He ignored me. Suddenly I remembered the Lee Enfield and decided to shoot him with my .45 -Safety first. Soon after that the sniper who set-up the tent got me. Karma.

The fifth was when I was raiding stary sobor tents, A lot of artifacts appeared and I decided to go to the treeline to log-off and log-back on, hoping the artifacts would have dissapeared. They had. I moved back to the tents, and just when I went into one tent I noticed a survivor checking the tents aswell. He didnt notice me yet so I decided to wait for him to move out of a tent. When he got out, I leaned and shot him, but for some reason he didnt die, I probaly missed or didnt do enough damage, he came close to me and I emptyed another clip. He died, I died.

Thats my first five kills.

This is how I became a bandit.