Sign in to follow this  
Nesuma (DayZ)

Modes & fov

Hey guys.

What do you think about the idea of different modes in DayZ? For example a new mode where zombies only need 1 attack to kill you but need longer to attack (you can block or something)? I would love to try such modes but don't want them to replace DayZ. So why don't you just make different server options just like regular and hardcore? I hope we can expect such things after the release. But now your opinion. Would you like to have these modes (maybe even a non-pvp mode... urgh....)?

And something I hope we'll see in the near future: That your clothings actually make a differents. Right now they're adding the wet cloth system. But I hope they add more:

-Different sounds of shoes, jackets (a hoodie sounds differnt than a raincoat while running)
-Sunglasses making the screen darker, Motorcycle helmets which reduce the fov about ~45%, a part of your cowboy hat on the top of your screen?
-Running with a helmet, especially motorcycle helmets gives you headache?

Do you think that would be too realistic?

I think that it would make the hardcore dayz server even more epic.

Edited by Nesuma

Have you ever actually noticed your own hat while walking around?

Have you ever actually noticed your own hat while walking around?

Yes? Did you ever wear a bicycle/motorcycle/cap? You always see something. Not in you focus but on the edge of your view.

Or for example glasses. You don't see the clear frame but you see something

Edited by Nesuma

Yes? Did you ever wear a bicycle/motorcycle/cap? You always see something. Not in you focus but on the edge of your view.

Or for example glasses. You don't see the clear frame but you see something

Some of the view obscuring was planned by the devs although havent heard anything about it for a while dont know if still intended. As for the game modes you speak of they will come in the way of private hives and modded versions of the game...

Edited by SoulFirez

-Running with a helmet, especially motorcycle helmets gives you headache?

Have you ever run with any type of helmet on?  I doubt you have, otherwise you wouldn't have written what you did.

Hey guys.

What do you think about the idea of different modes in DayZ? For example a new mode where zombies only need 1 attack to kill you but need longer to attack (you can block or something)? I would love to try such modes but don't want them to replace DayZ. So why don't you just make different server options just like regular and hardcore? I hope we can expect such things after the release. But now your opinion. Would you like to have these modes (maybe even a non-pvp mode... urgh....)?

And something I hope we'll see in the near future: That your clothings actually make a differents. Right now they're adding the wet cloth system. But I hope they add more:

I could imagine zombies which attack you and you are always able to block their attacks even if you have an empty pistol in your hands.

The zombie is coming at you and you just bash against its decomposing face to prevent it from biting you. They could also be able to knock you down I guess. This doesn't even have to be an extra mod but a permanent implementation for the game :)

I like your aspect!

I could imagine zombies which attack you and you are always able to block their attacks even if you have an empty pistol in your hands.

The zombie is coming at you and you just bash against its decomposing face to prevent it from biting you. They could also be able to knock you down I guess. This doesn't even have to be an extra mod but a permanent implementation for the game :)

I like your aspect!

This. Except for the permanent, I don't want to always get 1 Hit by zombies. I like DayZ for the PvP griefing too! :D

I guess both of us are thinking of the Walking Dead zombies :D?

Have you ever run with any type of helmet on?  I doubt you have, otherwise you wouldn't have written what you did.

Well I didn't run fast but i can say that is is not funny to walk/walk fast with a motorcycle helmet on your head because it is kind off heavy (and you hear less etc. --> would be nice to see such things, too)

Edited by Nesuma

Lots of helmets give you a headache when you wear them lol. Even military ones, Have you ever wore one brosie?

This. Except for the permanent, I don't want to always get 1 Hit by zombies. I like DayZ for the PvP griefing too! :D

I guess both of us are thinking of the Walking Dead zombies :D?

I don't actually support the 1 hit idea because that would be too simple. What I'd suggest is that there are different attacks: biting, scratching, pushing and so on. Every attack poses a different threat to ppl like poisoning, sickness etc... that way you wouldn't have the 1 hit problem but realistic zombies ;)

Walking Dead Zs would be awesome - I wanna have living heads on the ground, too^^