Maderas

Start with one food and one drink.

You're already a target at spawn' date=' though. That's my point. Let's face it, here. Most people killing survivors on the coast aren't doing it because it's easier than looting an empty grocery store up north. They're doing it because they get off on killing players who can't defend themselves. I even had one who was taking potshots at me yesterday ask me to sing on directional chat if I wanted to live. It's all about their ego, not what they can loot from you.

Yesterday I got killed once in Elektro, twice in Cherno, once in Balota, and once in Kamyshovo all within ~10-15 minutes of spawning. It was over an hour of playing before I was able to find a gun and head inland without taking a bullet to the dome, and then I died from thirst trying to find something to drink and had to start over. I'd rather spawn with one food and water and take my chances trying to break the blockade to head inland than being forced to scavenge in coastal towns which are almost always being camped on high pop servers.

I know you can hunt, but finding matches, a hatchet, and a hunting knife isn't that easy. On the off chance you somehow spotted all three within a short time period after heading straight inland you would still almost certainly die from thirst/starve before you found an animal to kill.

[/quote']

You realize the Makaroni was taken away from fresh spawns because people would camp other people on the beach right? Stop being such a casual and just learn how to sneak correctly.

Hmm well if it comes down to starting gear wish lists...

Czech Vest Pouch (because why even have this in the game if you start with better?)

Makarov + 1mag

Soda

Bandage

Now personally I'm fine with starting with no gun, I'm just tired of seeing all the whiny threads about it.

No beans, beans would be too much of a reason for bandits to hunt new spawns, they do it for fun already, it will only be worse if then can heal off it.

As for the "Douchebags" who just kill for fun' date=' well, you can't change them. Its also not like you can't hit any of the smaller inland towns as you go.

[/quote']

Looting the small towns isn't worth it. Most of them don't even have an enterable building, which means spending time trying to distinguish which house has a doghouse/outhouse/random shed looking thing behind it.

We're doing starting gear wish lists?

Okay' date=' here's is mine....

[/quote']

Because that's realistic. Here, there is a zombie epidemic going on, i'm just going to leave my house with nothing. Gonna throw on some clothes and start searching my neighbors houses for the same stuff I have in my own.

This game is getting ridiculous with the banter between what makes it "realistic" and what makes it "just a game".

You realize the Makaroni was taken away from fresh spawns because people would camp other people on the beach right? Stop being such a casual and just learn how to sneak correctly.

Oh, get over yourself. Do people seriously use the term 'casual'? I thought that was supposed to be a sarcastic sort of in-joke.

Getting killed on the coast is already commonplace as survivors like to camp it and kill new players once they have decent gear. I'm not really seeing how it could get worse than it already is, and I notice absolutely no difference in how often I get killed on the coast now vs. what it was when we spawned with food.

How many times have you died from starvation/dehydration running north? The north isn't a barren wasteland a thousands miles away. If I don't find any loot right where I've spawned' date=' I head north. Don't waste time running around where everyone else has been, hoping to stock up on supplies. Especially without a weapon.

I agree about the server hopping.

[/quote']

This morning, I spawned at Prigorodky and started running north.

I stopped to detour through a barn and found an Enfield and kept running.

I made it as far as the NW Airfield before my thirst started flashing. I THEN started looking for something to drink and had plenty of time to find something and drink it, then find food and so forth...

[/quote']

I agree... My only problem is I suck at not bleeding, so I tend to need to stock up on bandages rapidly. But since I know that about myself, I am extra, extra careful until I have a few in hand.

I think starting with nothing adds a lot to the game (done it quite a few times, just for fun; just drop everything on the beach)

I've never once had a problem finding gear in a populated servers (75-100 players) and I always loot on the coast before I go inland, expand your areas of search and take more risks than your used to. I can't name how many times I've ran through cherno or elektro while being chased weaving in and out of buildings then finding an axe or weapon and taking out all my pursuers to only find more gear in the next few buildings right after. The large coastal towns have 10-25 lootable buildings the chances of all of them being looted is very small.

Sorry to butt in, but where the heck do you find servers with 75-100 players in them? most I have seen is 60 in my serverlist, with filters set to max players 500 :lol:

[/quote']

Because that's realistic. Here, there is a zombie epidemic going on, i'm just going to leave my house with nothing. Gonna throw on some clothes and start searching my neighbors houses for the same stuff I have in my own.

This game is getting ridiculous with the banter between what makes it "realistic" and what makes it "just a game".

I don't base that opinion on realism or "just a game". I just want the mod to be more difficult.

Who says you even live on the map? You spawn on a beach, wouldn't it be safe to assume you swam or washed up on shore? Possible after a plane crash or maybe the captain of the ship you were on became infected so you bailed? Maybe it was a cast away scenario, where you were stranded on an island in the middle of the ocean, and when you and wilson finally made it out of there, you landed on the beach not knowing what is in store for you?

Point is, we can all make up a story to suit our own desires for this game. People who want to start with gear will say "why would I leave my house with nothing?" and nobody can argue with that, but what really matters isn't the back story that lead up to you having nothing, it's the experience you have starting with nothing and having to survive despite that.