Sign in to follow this  
Alcon (DayZ)

Dampness

As of 37.115719 messages regarding how damp you are getting or whether or not you are getting wet are way too aggressive. Takes away from immersion for sure. I think players are smart enough to figure out when they are/aren't getting wet so those could probably be removed completely. I think the notifications should be very limited, maybe only letting you know when your clothes have been soaked through. Most statuses don't give a notification until they become a problem and the same should go for this.

These attachments show the potential these notifications have and how over bearing they can be. Yes, the second one is exaggerated but the fact that this COULD happen is just ridiculous. 

post-198027-0-53165400-1393742190_thumb.

post-198027-0-18133300-1393742195_thumb.

Also, I've just noticed that I will get multiple notifications of being completely soaked without ever changing status. Though not frequent enough to take a screenshot of it happening especially since the rain stopped before I could do a proper timing test to find out exactly how frequently the same notification appears whilst in the rain.

I suspect that these messages are only there to advertise that this feature is now working.

I expect that further into development they will disappear altogether.

Yea they already said they will change that. Getting wet by rain and getting soaked is WIP its the basic system without any more stuff.