Sign in to follow this  
xXDeamonzXx

A Tale of Two Bambis

So, a little backstory before i get started... I just bought the Day Z SA on the 25th, and it is my first time ever playing. No, not even the mod... So of course, i died alot. The only exception is the character involved in this story...

I had been playing this character for around 6 hours. Before i made my way to the Northern Airfield, i had an SKS with some rounds, a Magnum with plenty of ammo, and a firefighters axe. Plenty of food, plenty of inventory space. So i go to the NAF. I spend a little while there, walking around looking for the amazing drops i had heard so much about. I wasn't really worried about getting killed, the zeds went down with one swing of my axe, and at that time, i was the only person on the server. I search the whole Airfield. I find some decent loot, including an FNX45 with a clip in the same building and 30 rounds in the next. But my real goal was the M4.

So i keep searching, to no avail. I find weapon attachments for the M4 and a PU scope for my SKS, but not the M4 itself. So soon enough, i get tired of pointlessly wandering around. I log off for the night, hoping to get some sleep.

The next day, i log in again and get into the game. Once again, i get lucky enough to be the only player on the server, so again, i'm not worried about being killed. I start the search for that elusive M4 once more, and sure enough, underneath a bed in the barracks nearby, there it is... My heart stopped, because i had my doubts. I pick it up, drop my SKS, and start pimping it out. A Pristine MP buttstock,  a Worn Picattiny hand guard (i can't remember the actual name for it) and a Weapon Flashlight. I resume my search, hoping to find an ACOG scope or Atlas Bipod, and as i walk into the last building, spotting the bipod on a shelf, i go for it... No sooner do i start moving, i hear a click, and BOOM! 'You are Dead.'

Of course, i'm pretty peeved. But i'm not going to be a douche about it... It's all a part of the game. So i type into the chat, 'Dude, that was cold...'. And the reply? 'I've been following you for about 30 minutes now...'. He had logged in pretty soon after i checked the player list.

I felt so stupid, that i just logged out.

Edited by xXDeamonzXx

So that's a lesson learned for you. :p :)

Always be aware of your surroundings, even if you think you're the only player on the server.

Tip:

If you hold the L-Alt key you can turn your head without turning your body. This lets you look over your shoulder or from side to side while moving in a straight line (without having to use the old strafe trick). 

I am almost always checking 9, 3 and 6 o'clock especially in military installations and even on low pop servers. You just never, ever know when someone is watching. 

• Like 1

So that's a lesson learned for you. :P :)

Always be aware of your surroundings, even if you think you're the only player on the server.

Tip:

If you hold the L-Alt key you can turn your head without turning your body. This lets you look over your shoulder or from side to side while moving in a straight line (without having to use the old strafe trick). 

I am almost always checking 9, 3 and 6 o'clock especially in military installations and even on low pop servers. You just never, ever know when someone is watching. 

Well i know the free cam with alt, but at the time i was in my inventory trying to make space for the bipod... But yes, it's a very big lesson learned lol. Just earlier, i came across a guy in Elektro that was doing the same thing i was, not paying attention... So i come up behind him, cuff him, see what he had, and knocked him unconcious with one axe swing...

I've basically decided that there will be no mercy for anybody armed, unless i know forsure that they don't pose a threat :P

Edited by xXDeamonzXx