Caboose187 (DayZ)

Post your PC specs, in game settings and FPS here

i5 4570 760 forgot the rest but i get 20-40 fps 20 in towns and 40 anywhere else every thing maxed out

i5 4570 760 forgot the rest but i get 20-40 fps 20 in towns and 40 anywhere else every thing maxed out

What is your in game settings? and how much ram are you running?  These are things that need to be put into posts if people are going to be able to help you

Phenom II Deneb 955BE c2 stepping @ 3.6Ghz.

8192Mb DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24, dual channel.

MSI Radeon r9-270 gaming, 2Gb.

500Gb Western digital 7200rpm platter hard disk.

Settings:

1680x1050 x 60, Vsync enabled.

Interface: 1680x1050.

Video Memory: 2047 set with launch command.

Texture detail: High.

Texture filtering: High.

Objects: Low.

Terrain: HIgh.

Clouds: Low.

Shadows: Low.

FSAA - Normal.

Alpha to: All trees and grass.

Edge smoothing: SMAA Normal.

HDR quality: Low.

Ambient occlusion: Disabled.

Post processing: Low.

FPS: 45-60 in fields and woodland, 20 to 32ish in towns.

Objects seems to be the major FPS killer or me, alot of the settings could be set higher without a substantial loss in frame rate, but increasing objects tends to kill my FPS badly, which is in keeping with Rockets comments on poor FPS if i'm not mistaken.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

4th Gen i5 4670k @4.2ghz

8gb DDR3 @ 1800mhz

GTX660 TI OC 1200mhz

Asus Z87 MOBO

All video settings maxed/V-sync on

60fps at all times :)

4th Gen i5 4670k @4.2ghz

8gb DDR3 @ 1800mhz

GTX660 TI OC 1200mhz

Asus Z87 MOBO

All video settings maxed/V-sync on

60fps at all times :)

60fps at times isn't really that helpful. Really what we need from you is your highest and lowest FPS in and out of cities.

i7 3770K @ 4.50Ghz,

660GTX SLI

Frame Rate Reported: "Oh my god it's full of stars"

• Like 1

I don't ever really dip below 50 fps I find it odd the other people are saying the are capped at 40 in towns

3570k @ 4.0GHz, 8gb ram 1600mhz, GeFroce 650 1gb, ASRock Z77M.

Objects: Normal

Terrain: Very High

Clouds: Low

Shadows: High

Texture Detail: Normal

Resolution: 1600x900

Rendering Resolution: 1400x784

AA and PPE disabled

20 - 30 fps in cities, 30 - 40 outside of them.

GTX 660

AMD Phenom X4 965 be 3.7ghz

8gb ram

SSD

750w psu

Objects:low

Terrain: Low

Clouds: disabled

Shadows: Very High

Texture Detail: very high

post processing is off

Resolution: 1980x1080

Rendering Resolution: 1980x1080

AA is very high

15 - 30 fps in cities, 30 - 50 outside of them.

Edited by Zecele

GTX 660

AMD Phenom X4 965 be 3.7ghz

8gb ram

SSD

750w psu

Objects:low

Terrain: Low

Clouds: disabled

Shadows: Very High

Texture Detail: very high

post processing is off

Resolution: 1980x1080

Rendering Resolution: 1980x1080

AA is very high

15 - 30 fps in cities, 30 - 50 outside of them.

Try lowering you shadow detail and AA.  Keep them on but maybe try High or Normal for Shadows as well as AA.  Give that a shot and check your FPS.  It doesn't make the game look any less bland plus you may be able to raise your objects and terrain so your game will look better

i5 4670k oc 4.7 ghz

GTX 570 gigabyte Oc x2

some watercooling

All Setting high (no Vsync / no cloud / no shadow) 1440x900 - ALL rest full setting !

80+ fps - 50+ fps in citys (NEVER ANY FREEZE OR LAGG) if i do low setting i have more than 150 / 200 fps++

i5 4670k oc 4.7 ghz

GTX 570 gigabyte Oc x2

some watercooling

All Setting high (no Vsync / no cloud / no shadow) 1440x900 - ALL rest full setting !

80+ fps - 50+ fps in citys (NEVER ANY FREEZE OR LAGG) if i do low setting i have more than 150 / 200 fps++

Does ANYONE believe this?

Does ANYONE believe this?

That one I would have to personally call out and ask for pics and video.

• Like 1

My pc specs are in my sig, A lot of experimentation here, but this works for me best. Current settings

FOV                              Nearly all the way to the left (it is on the left of the F) If need extra awareness dbl tap - key

1080p                           (100%)

V-Sync        -                  Off

Texture        - Memory    Auto

- Filtering    Very High

- Detail        Very High

Quality        - Object        Very High 

- Terrain       Very High

- Clouds       Very High

- Shadows    Very High

Rendering   - AA             Off

- ATOC        Off

- FXAA        Off

- HDR          Very Low ( ShadowPlay will not work for me if I set this to low)

- AO             Off

- PP            Very Low

no launch parameters. Config is default besides Gpumaxframes ahead,=1

I spend majority up of my time up north and rarely head south. I hover 60-120 fps but average is hard to pinpoint due to a lot of variance. Looking at sky it rockets up 200+  :D In average I would say 60-80 fps anywhere outside big cities.

Last night waking up on the coast I found myself in Elektro...It has been awhile for me. I noticed it dropped to around 40.

Note: recently changed my object detail to Very High. Before it was very low and and my fps did not actually improve, it just became more stable and not dropping below 58ish fps in the cities. It came with a trade off, too much popping textures like buildings and trees. I can deal with the more erratic fps variance as I find it much easier to scout and spot things in the distance. 

I also disabled cpu core parking, which gave me a steadier fps too. In past the -winxp kept my fps steadier too but causes problems elsewhere for me.

P.S. Yeah I believe that guy about his fps. He clocked his 4670k to 4.7ghz (wow that is good) and disabled all the heavy hitting settings. He is also not running native resolution by the looks - 1400 x 900? When my cpu was stock I couldn't hit what I am hitting now. Dropping res down to that 1400 x 900 made my fps go up insanely, too bad it looked like utter doggy doo

Gigabyte Z77-D3H Mobo / i5 3570k@ 3.4ghz / 8Gb  Vengance 1600mhz / Evga 770 gtx / 500gb 7500rpm HDD

Settings
Video: Resolution
1920x1080 / V-sync: enabled
User interface: UI @ 1920x1080
Textures: Video memory: Auto / Texture detail: very high / Texture filtering: very high
Quality: objects: very high / Terrain: very high / Clouds: high / Shadows: normal
Rendering: AA: off / Alpha to coverage: off / Edge smoothing: FXAA-high / HDR : low / Ambient occlusion: off / PP: High

FPS
Forests/ wilderness : 44-50 / Small towns (kami, solni, etc.): 36-48 / Cities: 24-34 (occasional drop to 16fps)

I3-2120 @3.30GHz

Nvidia Geforce 610

6GB RAM

Well...FPS? thats about 20 in cities and above 30 out of them.

Specs:

Res: 1920x1080p 

Monitor: ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz

Case: Corsair 750D 

Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme 

CPU Cooler: ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 120 Sealed Liquid Cooling 

CPU: i7-4820k @ 4.9 GHz 

PSU: 850W Corsair RM850 

GPU: 2x GTX 770 2GB SLI

RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1600 MHz 

Storage: 2x 1TB Sata 6.0 GB/s 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache HDD (Raid 1) ; 2x 120 GB ORIGIN PC Approved SSD 

Fan Controller: AeroCool 2100 LCD Touchscreen

Settings:

All Ultra, nothing tweaked or disabled.

FPS:

70-90 in fields

50-60 in forest

40-50 in cities

Some of the specs I have lsited here aren;t in my sig due to character limit :/

Edited by Shadow134

I've seen some good cpu setups here and no is really complaining about their fps.  This is a good thing.  Are any of you unhappy with your current fps or do you feel they are where they should be due to the current state of the game?

I've seen some good cpu setups here and no is really complaining about their fps.  This is a good thing.  Are any of you unhappy with your current fps or do you feel they are where they should be due to the current state of the game?

I can't be any happier with the performance we are seeing in an UNOPTIMIZED ALPHA. One thing I'd like to see is huge optimization in rendering large-scale building and their interiors. But, I have done a little poking around and from what I have seen for this new patch coming to stable this wednesday, they have done a bit of magic with fixing said problems.

I can't be any happier with the performance we are seeing in an UNOPTIMIZED ALPHA. One thing I'd like to see is huge optimization in rendering large-scale building and their interiors. But, I have done a little poking around and from what I have seen for this new patch coming to stable this wednesday, they have done a bit of magic with fixing said problems.

I've been playing on the experimental and it does feel smoother but I personally haven't noticed an FPS increase.  It's odd tho because barely a couple of weeks ago there was a lot of rage posts about FPS issues.  Maybe people haven't finally learned that it's actually an ALPHA and not a full release :rolleyes: .  Any, hopefully people keep posting in here and use this thread for issues regarding the performance.  Maybe a mod could be nice enough and sticky this thread seen as how there isn't a tech forum :P.  Heh, nevermind, I guess the troubleshooting could be considered the tech forum.  Perhaps this would be a better spot for it but I don't know how much use it would get in there?

Edited by Caboose187

Settings:

All Ultra, nothing tweaked or disabled.

Are talking about ArmA 3 of BF4, because Very High is the top setting in my copy of the SA?

The only thing I don't have on very high is post-process, which is usually set to disabled, very low or low and I'm above 60 FPS most of the time. Obviously that drops down to 40 in the cities, but that can't really be helped.

Seems like the game is running a lot better these DayZ. :D

The only thing I don't have on very high is post-process, which is usually set to disabled, very low or low and I'm above 60 FPS most of the time. Obviously that drops down to 40 in the cities, but that can't really be helped.

Seems like the game is running a lot better these DayZ. :D

So do you feel that your fps is where it should be for the state that the game is in?  Also, what are your system specs?