Hey guys. Gonna post somethings here.

First thing is:

When I join a server, I cant speak or writh with ppl.

No one answers, is it cuz they dont want to or just cuz they cant hear or read my messeges?

Second is:

I never meet up with ppl, how can I team up with someone if I cant find and join them?

3rd:

How do I play with a friend and we team up? Because we spawning different places? or?

Can we use mumble on this?

Thx for answers.

I havent been on in a few weeks but if what i recall frm Arma2 is still correct you need to be in "Direct" chat and within... 20m? They took out side chat so people cant chat all over the map. It slows down the "Who's shooting in Cherno" calls

and yes, using Mumble with some friends is the best way, otherwise TRUST NOBODY!

In game communication has, in this build, been restricted to people you're more or less on top of. Although more realistic the range is so short as to be more or less useless - I stood on the edge of one of the little inland ponds watching some dude swim around in it. I asked him what the water was like but even at that distance he didn't see the message. There's nothing to stop you setting up some external form of communication, however, just a bit inelegant.

As I'm also pretty new, I can understand your confusion. I hope my answers provide proper information though.

1:They can't hear you. For most servers, global chat was disabled (as well as sidechat, which was global too) to heighten the realism. The direct chat however has a very short range and will only let people hear you if they are 20-40 within your range. So it's more a 'say' or 'shout' channel. Btw, direct chat attracts z's.

2:Get to know people beforehand. Currently, it's extremely hard to form any sort of bond between strangers, as the current chat doesn't allow warnings from safe distances. So most people would shoot you in question, rather than letting you come close. It's simple survival tactics.

3:If you have a friend, then I would advise you to use a map like this one:

http://dayzmap.info/

When you spawn, you get a little text in the bottom right corner of the screen, informing you where you are or what city is near. Using that information, you could plan a meeting point where you can meet up, preferally not at the coast, as that is a very dangerous area.

4:I would advise you to use mumble or ts or skype as that makes you undependant on writing in the ingame chat. You won't want to shout around: "Look out, zombie hoard! Don't make a sound!" when they're right in front of you, as that attracts their attention.

Hope I could help you out.

Gea out.

Hey again.

Yeah that helps allot, thank you so very much.

But if you use mumble. can you creat a own "server" for just me and my friends?

And we have to find eachother? we cant spawn toghether?

Thanks so much for help. It was fast :P

What do you mean with server? Mumble server or dayz-server? Both would cost money, so you should probably rethink that.

And about the spawning: you could, of course, determine one point at the coast and if you spawn far away, you just get yourself killed by some z's to spawn again somewhere else. Though that's a bit stupid, at least for me, as I need hours to get on a server and finally spawn again.

So yup, you have to find each other. But before at least one of you has a gun, you wouldn't benefit from it too much anyway since there's not much to lose/gain when one dies. Just use the distance to get some loot on the way, that way you can actually help each other out when z's or bandits go for you.

Eh I mean like on mumble if just me and my friends can speak without listening to everyone else on mumble?

Yeah ok :P But every where I go, I find a house that is open. but theres ALWAYS zombies inside. That way, I cant get the stuff thats inn. And if I got zombies after me, I cant shake them off.:S

It's pretty hard to get rid of zombies, you gotta be smart - run into a building with a back exit and then quickly leave it, they're gonna lose you.

And some servers do have Mumble, not all of them though.

It's actually not even THAT hard to shake them off, you just need to know what you're doing, which most people don't (me too not too long ago).

I don't know much about mumble, can't give you much advice about that. I like skype better, is more my style, but that's just personal preference.

One last tip for z's: in buildings, all they can do is waddle. In the open they might be fast as shit, but in buildings they're slower than snails, so don't panic when a z enters the room, just slowly guide him around so you don't have to run into him.

And when a z saw you, don't jump up into full sprint, just slowly crouch around some corners so he loses sight of you. After that, he will after you behind the last corner he saw you at, so you should already be around another corner.

Strangely they don't seem to be affected by doors though. It's damn creepy to find a shed, lock yourself in thinking you finally somewhat safe when suddenly a whole flock starts shifting through the door. Like damn ghosts. Damn ghosts who gnaw you to death.

hehe ok :P

But is this saveable?

If you play with your friends for like lets say 5 hours.

Then you gotta quit, what happends then? You gonna start all over again and loose everything you found?

And what is loot?

DayZ is persistent, so whenever you lose connection (may it be voluntarily or forced) your char will be automatically saved with your equipment and your location. You will keep those no matter what server you want to play, so server hopping is possible. So as long as your mate doesn't stray too far from your logout point, you will be able to keep company next time again.

And loot is the stuff you find that is placeable in your inventory. Simple as that.

FYI, when you log out and have a car, the car stays on the server. So it's possible it's vanished when you relog. Though that's not a problem you will encounter so soon.

Of course it is saveable, everything you do is saved to the main servers, if no glitches interept, when you log in, you are back with the same crap you had, the same stats, the same location.

and does direct chat attract zeds?> I need a confirm on that please.

Ok, thanks allot for the answers ppl:P

Gotta love them forums :D

You guys been much of help.

Bravery is not the absence of fear' date=' but to overcome it. And now go bait the z's while I loot the city.

[/quote']

Ha ha love this

Well, I didn't actually try it out (wanna life too much when playing) but I read it in the update news somewhere. Could be that it's already outdated though.

But try that: prone in a city, wait for a z too come near you(without seeing you though) and then start typing. Or press capslock and babble into your mic, I don't now if that matters.

@roy: You're welcome. Anytime again!

@chazbeau: thx ;D