kicktd

Tents still duping/losing items 1.7.1.5

TBH theyre probably busy working on the standalone, either that or 1.7.3.

but yes I would have expected somesort of fix by now...

Game is fucked up by hackers,lost everything in 2 second when appeared in the sky and fell down,everyone died on the server....it happend third time with me,game is becoming boring! trying to get normal equipement and whoaa, you loose everything instantly!

Edited by sandro55

This gives me an overview of the standalone version and I will probably not pay for a game as bugged.

Not dreaming there will be more evolution of this version of Dayz!

After restart ALL of our tents disappeared >:(

Our whole work of weeks farming citys,heli crashs etc eveything was FOR NOTHING NOW! Thx alot

Edited by Seelenschnitter
  • Like 1

Stacking items like crazy squirrel before winter is not the idea of this game. Have ever you been involved in EVE Online high politics managing large over 1000 member alliance? Probably not. The important thing to consider is that EVE is a SINGLE universe/server where 50-60 000 players can log simultaniously and conquer resources. In DayZ you have thousand of servers. Sitting on a pile of resources wouldn't make this game attractive - you will reach a point when a players clan would easily occupy a 100% of a server slots 24/7 making impossible for another clan to claim resources, etc. Same people will "police" (I hate this arrogant idiots) meanwhile other "noob" servers (with bus, cards and snipers) making fun and harrasing players. Do you want such "fun" in a few months?

So in my oppinion - ALL ranked servers HAVE to restart every 5 days and NON-invetory/backpack items MUST BE LOST.

First: Is this EVE? No

Second: I played EVE 4 years long so i know it

Third: They gave us tents to store items there and they are not working right so i have a point to say this sucks.

Edited by Seelenschnitter
  • Like 1

Same here. I understand that it can be overpowered if some Clan members save an ultimate gear in a few tents, but the other players have the same chance and tents can be 'destroyed' from others, pack and hide or whatever.. nothing is save. But it cant be that you have a tent and after a restart everything in there is gone. Where is the logic on that? Some other bugs arent this annoying like the gear loss in tents. This bug pull down the gameplay and the fun and decision to survive on map a lil bit for me. Pls Team fix that, cant be soooo difficult or?

But in one point im on Diakoonas side. The restarts must be there.. but if you delete the save gear in tents then, delete the tents from the game and just let be the random loot tents!!

Have a nice day!

Confirmed, 4 Tents with inventory inside lost all items after server restart. It sucks, cant make a base or something.

Don't save your tent until you have it full. It only saves after your first save. In other words, if you pitch the tent and then save, then at server restart you will have an empty tent. I wait until i have it full 53 items then save. I have found that to help.

Stacking items like crazy squirrel before winter is not the idea of this game. Have ever you been involved in EVE Online high politics managing large over 1000 member alliance? Probably not. The important thing to consider is that EVE is a SINGLE universe/server where 50-60 000 players can log simultaniously and conquer resources. In DayZ you have thousand of servers. Sitting on a pile of resources wouldn't make this game attractive - you will reach a point when a players clan would easily occupy a 100% of a server slots 24/7 making impossible for another clan to claim resources, etc. Same people will "police" (I hate this arrogant idiots) meanwhile other "noob" servers (with bus, cards and snipers) making fun and harrasing players. Do you want such "fun" in a few months?

So in my oppinion - ALL ranked servers HAVE to restart every 5 days and NON-invetory/backpack items MUST BE LOST.

Let's all praise the lord that you're not in charge here kind sir.

Tents ARE a part of this game, and unfortunately they are not working as they should, but don't worry, they will.

Stacking resources is something that humans usually do, that's why i go to the supermarket every month to buy food and supplies, i just don't understand why you don't share that opinion.

Don't save your tent until you have it full. It only saves after your first save. In other words, if you pitch the tent and then save, then at server restart you will have an empty tent. I wait until i have it full 53 items then save. I have found that to help.

When i pitched my tent, i only saved it after i put some items inside, and it didn't work anyway.

After the server restart it was empty, very sad.

Edited by Fenrig

I hope the 1.7.3 patch fixes this too.

Im the same opinion as Fenrig. We want to stack something, search nearly save points or something like that.

Without that survivor tactics and options the game is just a buggy pvp game without motivation to play long time =(

Pls dont make a Cod/BF shit from this epic game, rocket!

I read that only legit found tents save items, and only for the first save. Duped tents (which can also happen accidently by pitching multiple tents at once due to server lag) won't save items at all. Can anyone confirm this?

I read that only legit found tents save items, and only for the first save. Duped tents (which can also happen accidently by pitching multiple tents at once due to server lag) won't save items at all. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes.. Tents are working but only for the first save.

Yes.. Tents are working but only for the first save.

Not for me. Pitch a new tent on flat ground away from trees, put some items, wait 5 minutes then save once. After server restart tent is in the exact same spot but empty.

Hopefully today's update will correct these issues, I would be in favor of a complete wipe of tents, vehicles and everything for that matter to get the state of items back to normal.

Hopefully today's update will correct these issues, I would be in favor of a complete wipe of tents, vehicles and everything for that matter to get the state of items back to normal.

-nevermind- Found the update you are talking about

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/87541-pending-update-build-1726

Edited by tickle_me_jesus

Apparently the tents did not get fixed in 1.7.2.6. I put my as50 and 5 mags in a tent yesterday and today my shit is gone. Looting is not a possibility because they would have taken my atv next to the tent.

Thanks for the lie.

Edited by kevinyoki2

Apparently the tents did not get fixed in 1.7.1.6. I put my as50 and 5 mags in a tent yesterday and today my shit is gone. Looting is not a possibility because they would have taken my atv next to the tent.

Thanks for the lie.

If I come to raid your tent in a car I wouldn't bother with your ATV. So your conclusion seems kinda wrong. Depends if thief was on foot or not imo.

And I'm guessing you mean 1.7.2.6 iso 1.7.1.6

Edited by Neomale

If I come to raid your tent in a car I wouldn't bother with your ATV. So your conclusion seems kinda wrong. Depends if thief was on foot or not imo.

And I'm guessing you mean 1.7.2.6 iso 1.7.1.6

Yeah, sorry I meant 1.7.2.6, but anyway.

That seems like a possibility and I understand your skepticism. However:

A. My tent was located in a thick forest with cliffs and hills and no roads for at least a mile. I highly doubt anyone would drive their vehicle here.

B. My tent was located in a highly remote location, far from any points of interest, and it was extremely well hidden next to a large rock and two bushes. It's invisible unless you know exactly where it is.

C. My ATV had 2 jerry cans, 1 engine part, 1 fuel tank part, and 1 scrap metal all left intact inside. If I were a looter with a vehicle I would definitely consider these valuable items.

D. I forgot to mention that I had two of my old tents up about 30 meters away with some medical supplies in them, hidden but not as well as my newest one. They completely disappeared after server restart.

Which leads me to believe that the glitch still exists. However the vehicles seems to be fixed. For now I recommend using vehicles as your main storage device.

Edited by kevinyoki2

Apparently the tents did not get fixed in 1.7.2.6. I put my as50 and 5 mags in a tent yesterday and today my shit is gone. Looting is not a possibility because they would have taken my atv next to the tent.

Thanks for the lie.

I believe the tent fix was to help save tents not items inside them. But perhaps I am mistaken

Yeah, sorry I meant 1.7.2.6, but anyway.

That seems like a possibility and I understand your skepticism. However:

A. My tent was located in a thick forest with cliffs and hills and no roads for at least a mile. I highly doubt anyone would drive their vehicle here.

B. My tent was located in a highly remote location, far from any points of interest, and it was extremely well hidden next to a large rock and two bushes. It's invisible unless you know exactly where it is.

C. My ATV had 2 jerry cans, 1 engine part, 1 fuel tank part, and 1 scrap metal all left intact inside. If I were a looter with a vehicle I would definitely consider these valuable items.

D. I forgot to mention that I had two of my old tents up about 30 meters away with some medical supplies in them, hidden but not as well as my newest one. They completely disappeared after server restart.

Which leads me to believe that the glitch still exists. However the vehicles seems to be fixed. For now I recommend using vehicles as your main storage device.

I had the exact situation. Placed tent, put stuff in, saved, stuff one after server restart. Next day I put up a different tent in a different place, tent disappeared after server restart.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with older tents? The two I used were in my pack before the patch. What exactly did this patch "fix" with tents/vehicles.

I had the exact situation. Placed tent, put stuff in, saved, stuff one after server restart. Next day I put up a different tent in a different place, tent disappeared after server restart.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with older tents? The two I used were in my pack before the patch. What exactly did this patch "fix" with tents/vehicles.

Nah, I don't think so. The tent I pitched after the update (which I picked up the same day) lost its stuff. My tents that were pitched before the update were still there after the update but just disappeared after a server restart.

I have no clue what's going on.

Edited by kevinyoki2