kicktd

Tents still duping/losing items 1.7.1.5

btw i made a camp today with 5 tents and build a new truck on a other server after restart the tents and the truck are gone (facepalm)...

Yep, seeing vehicle locations getting reset after server restarts as well.

In version 1.7.2.4:

1) Took a tent item from a tent (so it was a duped tent item)

2) Placed the tent, put items in it, saved it.

3) Took all items from it again and packed it.

After a server restart, the tent appeared again, all items were still there except for a rifle.

after u build a tent ...save it (empty) w8 till server restart ....then u have ur empty tent, and you can start puting items in them with put loosing em.

works for me like that...

1. Find new tent in shop.

2. Put it in save place )))

3. Work fine 5-6 tents that we find 5-6 dif servers.

From personal experiences and reports from our clan:

- Tents that are flattened are not saved and revert to earlier states

- Tents that are emptied but not saved revert to earlier states

- Tents that are emptied and saved may or may not revert to earlier states

- Tents that are picked up reappear

Tents need to save every time they are manipulated.

Edited by Diwwah

after u build a tent ...save it (empty) w8 till server restart ....then u have ur empty tent, and you can start puting items in them with put loosing em.

works for me like that...

Can somebody confirm this? I'd really like to use tents, but only when i'm 100% sure it'll be safe.

Tents are still borked, one tent worked right after update to .4 then the next 2 wipe all the items every restart. Main camp still duping items in it, no fix whatsoever............makes playing kind of pointless if you dont have a vehicle and you want to keep your gear.

Ok so I am wondering if the problem with the tents duping has anything to do with the fact they have been moved? I place my tents in bushes and often need to place them several times before i am happy with their position. If I was to place them only once and leave them alone would that help with the duping?

Fish

Confirming what I posted previously: Tents DO NOT work. Old tents that were bugged are still bugged (completely empty on a server restart), and tents that were previously working fine are now broken (no matter what I add or remove from them, and despite saving, they always revert to the inventory that was present before the 1.7.2.4 patch). I tried it with a brand new tent, and it always erases contents upon server restart, too.

Edited by takfar

yup, same issue here, I first placed one tent, just to make a temporary camp for me and a friend (it was pretty hidden alright), and when I logged out for a few hours and came back, all the stuff in it was gone, the L85, some FALS and medical stuff..AND MY PRECIOUS BEANS! :beans: >:(.. then I placed another one a few kilometer away, and the same thing happened there too :( kinda annoying..but oh well..

Do tents always erase gear or do they sometimes work?

i jus went to my tent after couple hours to find everything gone :( had m14 ghillie and the lot inside...

Tents have never worked for me. Been playing for over a month now.

I also know of a few tents that get reset on every server restart. Pretty much unlimited top tier items/weapons for whoever finds it.

This is still happening in 1.7.2.4. If we have below around 10 items they all vanish, but if we have more random items vanish.

Sucks for all of us but I'm at relieved I'm not going tent crazy!

Hopefully this is a major priority for the Dev. team. Item duping completely ruins the survival simulation.

Though I must remember its Alpha.

Edited by Elwood
  • Like 1

We have the opposite of items disapearing, items keep reappearing. Our camps were looted today. We saw it because there were loot piles all over the ground so players could pack everything with them.

After the server restart everything was back in our tents. Same for trucks, other camps,... At this rate everyone in the map can be using high end gear, which takes the fun out of it tbh.

OMG all of our stuff just dissapeared after the last server restart...all vehicles and tents are gone, ok the vehicles will probably be back after the next but I doubt the tents will be, right?

This is getting really frustrating honestly. I mean I agree that the rule "dont get attached to your loot in chernarus" is important, but since I'm not a noob in this game anymore, and have good stuff, or I'm able to get good stuff quickly, the only fun things to do for me is setting up camps and be in firefights against other people. This is surviving for me at the moment, Zombies aren't a real threat in my opinion.

Tents will be back after next server restart. Happens on my home server from time to time after the daily restart the tents/vehicles will be gone until the next restart. Very annoying but eh what can ya do, the "it's alpha!!!!!" squad just jumps in at any bug report so why bother even reporting things anymore? Seems the major issues just go ignored or get bombarded by "it's alpah!!!!" posts.

And I also agree with ya. The zombies when I first started playing were a threat because I didn't know how to handle them, now that I've been playing for a good bit every time I see a zombie I just sigh because I know it's no real threat which really takes the whole zombie/infected survival aspect of this game away and just makes it yet another FPS with zombies thrown in for the hell of it in its current state.

Edited by kicktd

Yeah, stored a bunch of junk in my tent, something like 8-10 cans of food, 6-8 sodas, 1 m4, 1 m9, 1 as50, 6 stanag mags, 4 m9 mags, 4 m107 mags, 2 blood bags, 2 as50 nato mags.

I basically put my entire inventory in there because I wanted room while I foraged for vehicle parts. Saved multiple times. Logged off for about 40 minutes, and heared from my friend that the server had just restarted. Waited to get back on and the tent was completely empty.

/sad panda.

All i got left is an enfield and waterbottle.

So after waking up today and logging on to my usual server in my usual spot, i find that my one tent has now become two, and they are both empty. My tent had approx 40-45 general items and 3 weapons. Also the server seems to have rolled back because last night when i played it had DayZ 1.7.2.4 in its name, and today it says 1.7.2.3.

This is the first time ive placed a tent and have it last for more than 1 day, is this the duping/server restart bug that i hear about?

Edit: When checking up on a vehicle i have stashed, it seems to have been rolled back as one of the weapons i found in there and placed in my tent is now back in it.

Edited by Dudemeister123

OMG all of our stuff just dissapeared after the last server restart...all vehicles and tents are gone, ok the vehicles will probably be back after the next but I doubt the tents will be, right?

This is getting really frustrating honestly. I mean I agree that the rule "dont get attached to your loot in chernarus" is important, but since I'm not a noob in this game anymore, and have good stuff, or I'm able to get good stuff quickly, the only fun things to do for me is setting up camps and be in firefights against other people. This is surviving for me at the moment, Zombies aren't a real threat in my opinion.

Oh wow all cars and tents are back, but everything is completely empty. Please Rocket, focus on this issue, this is becoming so annoying, even more annoying than this wire graphics glitch -.-

Same here on UK123 ... I'm fucking pissed... NVG/Rangefinder ammo and guns..... everything gone.

This bug destroyed me. I had 8 of the best sniper (AS50), 15 magz to AS50, 4 of L85A2, 4 M4a1 silenced, 13 ghillie suits, 3 Rangefinder/NVG/GPS/MAP/COMPASS and basicly all the gear you can get... I logged on a new server and when I logged back in everything was gone...FML!