kicktd

Tents still duping/losing items 1.7.1.5

confirming tents never dissapear even if you pack the tent up - just comes back on a restart.

its still possible to dupe every item inside a tent >.<

1.7.2.3 948***

Edited by okano

Date/Time: July 2-16

What happened: picked up tent and reappeared after a couple of hours

Where you were: 010066

What you were doing: mking a base

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.3

*Server(s) you were on: us251

*Your system specs:

*Timeline of events before/after error:

I'm not even able to pitch a tent anywhere. What's the trick? I'm in open flat land.

same prob/luck 1 tent all items wappon lost next tent erase all now stuff and dublicatet old stuff from v 1.7.1.5 next tent spown stuff wich one i never put in there wired

• Like 1

Please for the love of everything that is dear, fix the duping issue. There's no more excitement in the game when there's nothing to gain by looting or killing players, and nothing to lose by dying. You can just get all the best-in-slot items back from tents that respawn their gear every server reboot.

I wish I had tents on my server eating gear, it would balance the ones that won't stop spitting out military hardware. Some I have managed to empty and save, but some I am unaware of, and others are just not safe enough for me to stick my neck out to deal with. They constantly revert to their last saved state.

I say either fix this issue, or give admins more power to deal with them, I know, I know. ABUSE/CHEATS OMG!

Edited by S_poon

I have set up my tents in the forest (not out of the map, inside of it) and I updated and my server didn't. So I waited a day and now I have entered the server and the tents are gone. This is awful becouse I lost my stuff and even worst I lost my tents! I worked hard to find them.

Found a tent in a tractor on one of our posts. Lost all of yesterday's profits. 4 tents, gone. This bug sucks, and is related to the bear-traps not disappearing when removed.

Like, it's hard to accept that this bug exists... An entire day of trading, gone. I mean, small bugs are whatever, but this one can ruin us...

Edited by Publik

Why not just not "Pack" your tent? Think about where your going to place it, before you do so.

Simple as that. Although, this bug should still be fixed/patched.

Found a tent at the supermarket today. Got another from someone who found one in a different market. Placed one, dropped an item in, saved, and restarted the server to be safe. Didn't work on the first. Rinse and repeat with the second, no luck. Placed each one once before saving it (several times). The UAZ I had behind me to hold my gear before the tent was tested was fine, saved like it should've.

2 more bad tents. 6 bad tents in 2 days. I don't mean to bitch, but this is just crippling.

• Like 1

I agree, this is a gamebreaking bug, please fix ASAP.

• Like 1

Please disable tents and vehicle containers until duping is resolved. Wiping all the stuff currently in containers would only be good for the game, with all the tents spitting out top-end gear non-stop.

I agree, this is a gamebreaking bug, please fix ASAP.

I cannot agree with this more, I'm losing everything I put into tents. Takes the fun out of the game having to be overly cautious with what I've gotten so far. I want to be able to stash and go hunting again, makes me not want to play. Please fix!

Date/Time: Multiple times over the last week and a half.

What happened: Tents duplicating where they were originally placed/losing all items inside

Where you were: All different locations around the map

What you were doing: Setting up bases

*Current installed version: Has happened over a few different versions, beta patches 94945 -> 95208, dayz versions 1.7.1.5 -> 1.7.2.3

*Server(s) you were on: US 1337, NZ8, AU 5

*Your system specs: Don't know

*Timeline of events before/after error: I've placed 3 tents on US 1337. One which I placed down once with a bit of standard loot and two which were placed then relocated with decent loot on them. All three tents had the loot gone with the next server restart, the two tents that were relocated had duplicated, leaving tents where I originally placed them and where I decided to leave them. I've tested tents on AU 5 and NZ 8, putting them to the edges of the map, putting in empty can and saving 10+ times to make sure they wern't raided so I know that it's the tents bugging out.

Hopefully this is helpful!

Edited by Scaramanga
  • Like 1

made camp with team whole camp duped 3 times around 30 tents in one spot had to move cause it became to big to hide it also duped some items we are glad we left cause day after that camp was raided of w.e was left we where going to use it as a back up camp

+1 duping all items in tents and vehicle now after restart server (if not saved tent/vehicle)

I think it a critical bug for game

Edited by shtirlizlive
  • Like 1

Signed up to +1 this, tents completely broken for me at the moment.

First issue is duplicate tents appearing, i think this is a result of spamming the "place tent" button while trying to find a suitable spot, it seems to place a tent there which only appears on server restart. Ive had to abandon camp sites sometimes because the city of tents gets too much attention

Second issue is the tents not saving/reverting back to and old save - possibly the very first save before the server restarted? I have not had a single tent that has saved items correctly, whenever the server reboots the tents revert back to their old state, either eating all my new items i placed in, or if i take everything out it will fill it up again with duplicate items.

Game breaking bug for me, i now have a duplicating tent with all the essential gear and some luxury items like GPS which just keep duplicating. It takes the risk out of dying, takes the reward out of finding decent gear again, and takes the fun out of playing knowing i cannot play the game as intended because i cant set up a base camp and build my gear collection up.

Worse than tents are vehicles. Tents seem to just be unreliable, yet vehicles are the ultimate duping machine. For some reason I do not see any posts related to this.

I tried to post my own, but it has not been approved by a moderator. Maybe someone else will be able to help out where I failed.

Anyone else aware of vehicles allowing for duping to occur? (No need to specify the method)

+1 duping all items in tents and vehicle now after restart server (if not saved tent/vehicle)

I think it a critical bug for game

Yup, definitely needs to be fixed along with a server wipe to level out the ridiculous weapon inflation going on.

My group went out and found a camp.... we raided it for a few hours and then took the loot back home, shorty after the server restarted. We came back in to find that the items we looted ended up duped back at the original camp. We just left it and said to hell with it.

im sick of my shit duping, at first I though it was kinda cool, now its just a pain in the ass.