thelonewarrior

So my gun wouldn't fire so what was wrong with it?

Today something strange happened

I had a mosin and a guy drew a shotgun on me, I pulled the trigger and it clicked.....resulting in my death

I actually got 2 clicks before being killed

It was pristine and also had ammo, in fact I had just reloaded it a few minutes before after firing some shots with it

I know if it was ruined it wouldn't work, but this was pristine and was still like that (with loaded ammo, also pristine) when a teammate checked my corpse

So are the guns jamming now or has something another explanation?

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

I had this happen with a Magnum once, resulting in my death. I had filled the chamber with rounds, a few minutes later got shot at by a bandit, it fired twice but stopped working. It was in pristine condition too.

I actually got 2 clicks before being killed

That's 2 dicks too many.

Seriously, am i the only one that thinks that these forums makes cl look like a d?

But in my experience, there can be a glitch with the gun sometimes, especially the SKS, after reloading, where the ammo won't visually register in the gun, nor will it trigger unless you drop it and pick it back up.

Edited by DeatHTaX

Happened to me with an fnx during a cq firefight. Turns out the weapon itself was ruined. Thankfully, he charged forward when I "surrendered" and I axed him in the head.

After every encounter, be it zombie or player, even if you fall off a loft, perform a gear check.

On occasion it has taken a while for the server to recgonize that I loaded my weapon. It would tell me my weapon already has ammo in it when trying to re-reload. Two indicators for it.

1. The gun does not shoot.

2. While the weapon is in hands the ammo is not being registered along side the attachments like it should be.

Though rare, it has taken as long as several minutes for the loading animation to occur and my weapon be actually loaded. Are you sure you saw the ammo in the weapon with the attachments?

I had this happen with a Magnum once, resulting in my death. I had filled the chamber with rounds, a few minutes later got shot at by a bandit, it fired twice but stopped working. It was in pristine condition too.

Did what you were carrying the Magnum in (pants, shirt, etc.) become ruined? Last I knew, if you have a sidearm in your hands it still counts as being in your inventory and will become ruined if the item holding it becomes ruined.

I had this happen to me a while ago at the Balota Airstrip. I was scouting the Airstrip from the outside wall to the south when I saw someone on the inside of one of the breaks in the wall staring right at me. I raised my Magnum and shot twice before I was shot in the chest with a shotgun and was unable to fire anymore shots. The shot had ruined the assault vest I was wearing at the time and it had my Magnum in it and it became ruined. At first I didn't know why i was unable to shot at first, but then i locked to find that my assault vest and everything in it was ruined.

I now carry all my important things in my backpack and also in a tough box if I have one or more. As of last I checked you can hotbar items in a tough box, so you can have quick and easy access to them while keeping them well protected.

Read the OP folks
Everything (Gun and Ammo) was still pristine when his friend checked his corpse.
So, yeah...... Not ruined ammo or gun.

That being said, something doesn't add up.

The gun or the ammo had to have something wrong. To my knowledge, weapon jams or misfires haven't been added yet.

Were you on Experimental or Stable?

It was on stable, but I guess it could have just been a bug where the ammo didn't register as being loaded straight away

That's what it sounds like to me thanks

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior