Sign in to follow this  
Day Unit

Rocket goes, promised controversial elements goes with him?

If he leaves, I'm worried that controversial elements like cannibalism, mutilation, Russian roulette are never going to be in the game. Let me just say I'm aware Rocket had promised Cannibalism, and maybe some other controversial elements, but he can afford these promises while it comes with the risk of losing sales on the game. That's him. With him leaving before these elements are implemented, I'm afraid we'd never see them come to light. The reason why these elements are possible is due to that DayZ is backed by Rocket's funding, and that's just my personal opinion.

Edited by Day Unit

Sick of reading shit like this now.

He is not leaving until the end of the year (longer if needed) when the game is in beta I.E the only things left to do are bug fixes which he is not needed for.

• Like 2

facepalm...... please do some independent research and quit listening to people cry on forums. He will be there till beta.......if it isnt in by beta it isnt getting in anyway.

cannibalism, mutilation, russian roulette,.. i mean come on guys seriously why are these even discussed, the game sets us in a world that is already pretty damn cruel.

Cannibalism makes sense somewhere but It would break the game so much for me to be fair.

It will be something that everyone does just because they want to fix their hunger instead of putting some effort in finding beans. Humanity please :)

Lets go kill bambis and eat them - cannibalism-dayz in a nutshell.

KoS is already an element that changes the way the game is being played.

Will it help if you turn other players into a walking chickenwing?

Edited by RedAscendant

You should provide links where these elements were "promised."  I heard some of them discussed by Dean, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he promised them.

That being said regardless of what Dean does or does not get done over the next year, it is in Bohemia's interest to deliver content the community wants and beyond that this game will have a strong modding community which will be able to implement things like this.  

Edited by iBane

First off you'd have to cook people. Next you'd only get whatever nutritional value they already had, a portion at least. Therefore it would only really be worth your time if you ate a well fed player. 

plus to anyone thats suddenly biting their nails because dean will leave at the end of this project

i say bitch please....

The reason why these elements are possible is due to that DayZ is backed by Rocket's funding, and that's just my personal opinion.

Bullshit. What? You think ROCKET has the dough to fund this thing all by himself? Where the hell did you hear that?

Bohemia Interactive is funding the project. Dean Hall is employed by them, as the project lead. Nothing more, nothing less.