toasted duckie

Can I recognize if someone logged?

Hi guys,

short question. Characters from people that log out are still in the server for 30 seconds, correct? 

Can I recognize if someone has logged out? (i.e. will he/she sit down or something?)

Thanks a bunch! :)

When you log out, you sit down (like pressing F3) and look around in a silly manner.

Thank you. Now I'm wondering about your opinion; short follow-up question: If I were to hold someone up (I probably wouldn't kill them, I try to live and let live, yet seek player interaction) and he/she would sit down, presumebly logged out... Would you considder it murder if I killed them?

I think they would deserve nothing less...

I'd consider him a fool because he obviously hasn't learned yet that combat logging was disabled with the last update.

Meaning: He is a coward, neither accepting his fate nor have the balls to fight back but simply tries the cheap way out.

Chernarus is NO place for cowards, if you take my meaning.

It's only ok if you are able to beat them to death with a blunt weapon in the 30 seconds before they log.

That way, you can say "Coddle? Oops, my bad - I thought you said cudgel."

Just hand-cuff them if you can ... if they then log I think they die. If I remember correctly.

You'll also see a "XXX is losing connection" message.

I'm not a KoS player. But I kill every combat logger and server hopper I encounter. No sympathy for cheaters from me.

I look forward to the time when the game would spawn us back in the same position as we left, i.e., I head for pine cover and go prone before I log out and I'd like to reappear prone when I spawn.

On one or two of the DayZ SA walkthrough clips, I've seen players get killed during their spawn-in time, which really sucks. Is there also a 30 second count during spawn-time? If so, that's gotta change. Life in Chenarus is dangerous enough.

No, there is no spawn-time, but your character appears a long time before you gain control while the game is loading for you.

During that time, you are a sitting duck.

If I come up to a person and say "hello" and they sit down I tend to walk away unless they attacked me or I needed their supplies.

No, there is no spawn-time, but your character appears a long time before you gain control while the game is loading for you.

During that time, you are a sitting duck.

*tarascon begins weeping gently*

You'll also see a "XXX is losing connection" message.

I'm not a KoS player. But I kill every combat logger and server hopper I encounter. No sympathy for cheaters from me.

Not all of them combat loggers or server hoppers. Like you said "someone is losing connection". Theres no history so he will be most likely log on different server if he dont remember on wich server he played. I have lost connection after some shots were fired. Then reconnected on some random low ping server cause i didnt find server where i was. Server might also gone full. Also i have lost connection while looting and again logged back on some random server. I have also switched server when i noticed its all looted.. You know no point playing on looted server with flashlight and no food and no melee weapons not to even mention firearms...