punkvegita

Heart Attack Mystery Solved ( I think)

So last night as I was laying in bed I started thinking about dayz. I was just wondering in my own head things what would make the gameplay better? and drugs popped in my head, more particular medical drugs. One of them adrenaline, it would make perfect sense for a game like this. It would fit in perfectly with the heart attack mechanics they already implemented and I thought wow they already have this in store. Dean specifically mentions that the medical system is going to evolve dramatically. I don't want to get to specific as I would like you guys to elaborate more on how you guys think different types of drugs would work. Some I thought of would be coke, maybe tobacco and marijuana.

Good post.  

You have just proven, beyond a reasonable doubt, that recreational narcotics are not helpful for making decipherable forum posts.

Thank you for providing this valuable community service.   ^_^

• Like 2

Ok, even though I agree with iBane, I'll treat this as somewhat serious.

Of the three "medical drugs" you mention, only cocaine has any medical use that would be relevant to DayZ. Cocaine can be used as a topical anesthetic (numbs the area around wounds) but is not used in combat/trauma situations. I guess that you could have your Medic character use it before bandaging, but it would do little compared to the planned, and more useful in a trauma sense, disinfectant.

Tobacco does not have any real medical value, and marijuana only is really useful as a treatment for long-term medical issues.

• Like 1

Are you guys only reading the last sentence or something, Those I guess are more of suggestions I would like to see, I guess what I want your opinion on is the adrenaline, do you guys think that'll actually be in game?

Are you guys only reading the last sentence or something, Those I guess are more of suggestions I would like to see, I guess what I want your opinion on is the adrenaline, do you guys think that'll actually be in game?

Epi-pen = epinephrine = adrenaline

It's already in the game.

• Like 4

If folks aren't responding to the questions you intend them to or in the manner you'd like it could be your OP lacked clarity...

Epi-pen = epinephrine = adrenaline

It's already in the game.

Wow did not know lol, but in that case my question still kind of stands, would epinephrine give you a higher risk to get a heart attack?

last thing you give to guy having heart explosion is ADRENALIN :o

for sure his body produce enough when heart is stop :|

Wow did not know lol, but in that case my question still kind of stands, would epinephrine give you a higher risk to get a heart attack?

probably

last thing you give to guy having heart explosion is ADRENALIN :o

for sure his body produce enough when heart is stop :|

Don't know what you mean by "heart explosion"....sounds painfull.

But the only way to treat a stopped heart (flatline) / to get it running again is CPR and adrenaline, indeed.

I really do not see how the OP has solved the mystery of why you have a heart attack.

Unless he is saying be more like scarface.

So.....what was the mystery?

Does it involve "meddling kids" that are an allegory for the stereotypical 70's culture, including a stoner hippie that constantly has the munchies???

The mystery being no one knowing what causes heart attack. Everyone throwing crazy theories of if you run to long, this and that. Having a heart attack from taking too much adrenaline makes way more sense.

The mystery being no one knowing what causes heart attack. Everyone throwing crazy theories of if you run to long, this and that. Having a heart attack from taking too much adrenaline makes way more sense.

actually, the truth is that there ARE no heart attacks as yet (at least, not on stable branch).

The "mystery" turned out to be a server message made by the admin, set to pop up after a long delay.

Ya, because I want to be tripping hard on narcotics when some z is trying to eat me alive.

"Pass me some E and my glow sticks. I'm gonna house this fuckin' zombie to the ground!"

Even though I lulz'd at first this could bring new dynamics which would be interesting.  Character could have some kind of drug problem and it could be reflected on his/her actions.

Oh god, why is this thread back!?

Well the word Heart Attack is used wrong in the patchnotes anyway. What dean means is ventricilar fibrillation. Thats the only use for a defibrillator. Epi is used when the person goes flatline, that means the heart doenst beat anymore. ventricular fibrillation is the exact opposite, the heart beats at such a high frequency that it istn capable to pump the blood anymore. A Heart attack is another third thing actually. it means that a vein is plugged in any way.

Edited by Sloddor