EthanHD

Possible 'story'?

Just a thought I had that I'd not really seen on the forums yet, and before anyone starts thinking by story I mean missions and a campaign kinda thing, I don't. What I mean is that you should be able to find notes, or radio recordings etc, yes, this is kinda inspired by fallout, but I just think it'd add that extra element of realism to the game, such as imagine walking into Elektro or Cherno and finding a pile of dead zombies surrounding a military base, you go in and there's a dead 'hazmat' guy, and there's a note on the desk saying what happened there, or a military telegram ordering an evacuation, or something like that, and the more notes and telegrams and voice recordings you find, you could work out how the outbreak happened, where? When? All those kinda questions you could choose to answer. Just thought it'd add that extra 'realism factor'.

Also, on a related topic, a possible idea for when playing hardcore could be getting 'bitten' and slowly seeing your characters stamina & vision become impaired, and you either have to go to one of those kinda hazmat set ups and find and an antidote, or you would just become a zed and attack anyone nearby.

Just wondered what people's thoughts would be towards these ideas? I know the fun part of DayZ is there being no real objective other than 'survive', but it'd just give you something to do if you got abit bored once you've got a gun, good amount of ammo and food etc.

I would like a story composed of very difficult easter eggs.

Developed in secret to reveal the events, information about the infection and events around it.

It should be a full on community effort with weekly Brand New!! Findings all over the forums on Reddit, bringing us closer to answers.

We could follow the remains of long since dead survivor groups that started the journey for us.

• Like 4

I would like a story composed of very difficult easter eggs.

Developed in secret to reveal the events, information about the infection and events around it.

It should be a full on community effort with weekly Brand New!! Findings all over the forums on Reddit, bringing us closer to answers.

We could follow the remains of long since dead survivor groups that started the journey for us.

That'd actually be pretty great.

all written and recordet stuff would be in russian language then...

alot of us will never understand the notes if we find them... :|

True, unless they got subtitled at the bottom of the screen? Or if they were US, ie the US were helping with the rescue efforts?

I've read somewhere on this forum that Rocket doesn't really want a story to describe everything.

I wouldn't mind some clues as to what happened though, doesn't have to tell the whole story, just give enough to fuel your imagination.

As for stories/missions etc, same as above, Rocket doesn't want it. I'm sure someone will make missions and whatnot when/if modding tools come out.

I've read somewhere on this forum that Rocket doesn't really want a story to describe everything.

I wouldn't mind some clues as to what happened though, doesn't have to tell the whole story, just give enough to fuel your imagination.

As for stories/missions etc, same as above, Rocket doesn't want it. I'm sure someone will make missions and whatnot when/if modding tools come out.

Yeah, I just thought a few things to increase the whole 'zombie apocalypse' feel would be appreciated, fair enough in some houses there is blood stains up the walls and that, and burnt out cars etc, it's just I think walking into towns and seeing piles of dead zombies around military bases, and finding dead Zeds, body bags, mass graves and all that kinda stuff would be better and more realistic.

As for missions, like I said, the whole thing that makes DayZ is the fact there is no objectives except survive, which is what I love cause it means you can't complete it and can play through however you like, leading to a game that won't ever 'grow old'.

When modding comes out, Im sure therell Be lots of modded solo/ xmcoop campaigns.

Or BI could dothat and wecould play the prequel to dayz. Id like a level editortoo, but I want beta before 2020.

Here my very own story. Snippet

The UN forces evacuate us from (Your country) leave my hometown. As we enter the chinhook, we think we were save at that moment. I fell asleep on the seat.

On night fall, as the chinhook pass the great ocean, suddenly an imminent storm... the pilot lost control and went down. As I panic, I open the back hatch and save myself, jumped in the ocean. I can't fight the power wave, I knew I be dead. Lost all my energy and pass out as the great wave washed me away.

Or at USS Carrier, Tanker or etc etc

As I heard seagull and ocean. I woke up at some beaches, and I saw emergency box next to me, I open the box. I found fresh clothes, shoes, flashlight and battery. with my full hope, I travel and begin my adventure....

• Like 1

would be cool to find dead bodies, with notes on them, notes, some of them have the map with marked locations, notes hinting for loot with rare items and stuff.

• Like 1

Story can be developed by us community once persistent containers are in place.

No point in leaving notes all around just to have them vanish with the restart.

I am all up to join any community group and invest my mind into it.

Good story here! Zombie apocalypse happened! American press started to show footage's. Later one Americans send troops, they tried put walls around in order to contain infection in one town, but didnt work out! Outbreak spread to other towns/villages. This why you can find press vest and American helmets and uniforms. I think this is logical story don't you agree?

True, unless they got subtitled at the bottom of the screen? Or if they were US, ie the US were helping with the rescue efforts

This dicussion often comes up, the last one I found had a better approach for overcoming language barriers:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179436-polaroid-discoverable-mementos/

Backstory & memories strengthen game credibility or immersion.

Instead a narrative overview about how life was in Chernarus before Z event, I've imagined a "loot for lore" that serve that purpose.

Explore the world and pay attention to those old 80's Polaroid films found if curiosity leads you. No great revelation, just tips and winks, collect them for the same reason people have with collectible card, or just take a look and drop them if considered as useless loot.

URKHVvB.png

My recommandation :

Ingame object settled with generic face down texture (while faces up are 512x512) for better performance.

Would have to pick up and "inspect" to flip and see picture.

Xtydm6M.jpg

So far I've got some twenty films, and it would be easier to get more since I've made frames, layers, and script.

I will be pleased to help anyone whishing to implement them (I can't myself : I have no skill with 3D or coding) when DayZ will become modable.

If devs like the idea and plan to do it in vanilla DayZ someday, it would be a dream :wub:  -that's why I've posted here in suggestion forum.

PS : If you want to talk about Polaroid camera (used by players), please post in Byrgesen suggestion thread.

here's what I was thinking of to complete it

Nice idea, that's the type of discrete clues we need in the game. This encourages sharing them with your friends and it doesn't require you to write pages of text that no one will spend the time to read when they could get shot down at any time. To those civilian artefacts should be added medical records, patient chart and biopsy reports in the same format (an object that has a visual info and small concise text) and military reports and mission briefings that would show how things slowly went out of control.

I agree with the OP here. This would enrich the game a great deal. It's going to be in need of more than just 'survive'.

• Like 1