Sign in to follow this  
ChickenMan (DayZ)

Swapping item Mechanic needs one last Tweak

Day Z Dev Team did a great job when they implemented being able to swap weapons while moving and not being forced to come to a standstill. There just needs to be one last tweak to that Mechanic.

The Problem:

When pulling out or swapping weapons while at a standstill, you cannot move until the action is complete. This is horrible and has caused many deaths and damages.

What would be great to see in the near future:

The ability to swap or pull out a a weapon while at a standstill, but still be able to move around while the action is being completed. This would make things more realistic and much more fluid for the player.

One more Suggestion:

Being able to walk and eat/drink. (I have done this many times while backpacking/hiking IRL)

• Like 8

This.
Totaly agrree.. so, thumbs up

Completely agreed. I believe any action that you can do, you should be free to move around as well like you said about eating and drinking while walking. I don't like having to be stationary to perform actions.

I would say yes, unless you are pulling it out of your backpack.

I would agree as well, though you have to keep in mind the "hotbar" for items. So if you have an item hotbarred that is in your backpack i would say no, you shouldn't stop/not be able to move. It would be like placing something strategic in your bag that's reachable while moving. That's why it's in your "hotbar".

Dunno about you guys, but my legs can still continue moving if I'm taking off a backup and then digging around inside it for food.

Maybe add a mechanic that if you are pulling something out of your pack while moving, there's a chance of tripping over (going prone). That'll teach you to not look where you're going!

Dunno about you guys, but my legs can still continue moving if I'm taking off a backup and then digging around inside it for food.

Maybe add a mechanic that if you are pulling something out of your pack while moving, there's a chance of tripping over (going prone). That'll teach you to not look where you're going!

That's quite a bit more complicated than just stopping you for a minute and as people have mentioned, the hot bar would be a good way to work around that for things that are placed specifically to be grabbed out quickly.