Restnpeices

Wheres the dead people?

Love Dayz but lets make the world feel more lived in , when you enter a house where are the dead ? Like maybe add a dead guy in the bed , chair ext , blood on the floor maybe someone who was bitten or what ever and decided to end there life before turning or possibly a zombie who just lived to long and rotted away. Maybe have zombies in the houses as well ,  making you be ready when you open the door to raid that house.  I feel these elements would be a great addition if possible.

Edited by Restnpeices
  • Like 6

Perfect, hopefully later on they add this.

Shouldn't be hard, and it would make the game feel way better

Love Dayz but lets make the world feel more lived in , when you enter a house where are the dead ? Like maybe add a dead guy in the bed , chair ext , blood on the floor maybe someone who was bitten or what ever and decided to end there life before turning or possibly a zombie who just lived to long and rotted away. Maybe have zombies in the houses as well ,  making you be ready when you open the door to raid that house.  I feel these elements would be a great addition if possible.

It has been addressed multiple times in the past.Ineed it's a good idea.

But the team is currently busy implementing more content of great importance to the overall gameplay core.

This is part of the art-animation details which i bet they will consider to add sometime in the future patches.

I agree that there needs to be aesthetic dead bodies especially in the cities. It would be more immersive to see stacks of bodies in body bags in the cities or bodies scattered around car wrecks or building hallways. The ChernoRussian defense forces had to of killed some of the infected right?

YES, add some gore! 

But they should be totally random, like "Ragdoll-NPCs", so you don't find the same guy in every house of the same type, like you find the bloodstains in every house of the same type. 

theres the mass grave, one beside the bus at krutoy cap.  otherwise im mixed about this. on one hand it would allow for more scenery, on the other hand, id rather see dead zombies and players as the bodies, instead of them disappearing immediately or after 10 minutes.  i think that would tell a better story than prop corpses

i agree it would be pretty neat

but waaaaaaaaaay later in the future

but its just gonna break another million things and make bugs if its added right now

I agree with the OP. Some more physical evidence of the apocalypse would be another nice anxiety tweak and probably result in my having a heart attack.

Some of the game sound glitches help do that too. Nothing like being in the middle of nowhere and having a zombie shriek about an inch from my headphones. The first time the new spawn-in sound gave me the load-weapon sound, I almost crapped my trousers.

Seems like right now, most of the dead are fresh spawning on the coast.

There are houses that have blood on the wall but for some reason the blood is only visible at night when you shine a flashlight on the walls. But I agree with the OP. There should be signs of a struggle in homes or bodies that were too mangled or disfigured to become a zombie.
The game is still pre-alpha and is nowhere near done so there is a lot of room for adding new stuff all the time. Like doing something with the military bases and the airfields. It does seem a bit strange for those places to be as empty as they are and yet, so full of loot. There should be tons of bodies from both soldiers and zombies. Hospitals should also have a lot of bodies from both soldiers and doctors who were killed by patients who turned into zombies.

Thanks for the feedback guys :) I'm glad I am not alone on this.  I'm not saying this is a feature that should be started on right away  but I believe it is needed to make Dayz as immersive  as they want it to be.   I recently watched Deans Vlog and there are some cool things coming our way soon.

It would take the devs an hour max to add extra zombies, they have prefabs it's as simple as drag and drop. Surely they have an hour up their sleeve.