Pliskinki

Two Handed Flashlight, Why?

Hello guys, I saw that the Devs are working on the melee weapons now, and one thing makes me annoyed when I fresh spawn on the game with just the flashlight in hands...

The thing is... I cannot punch zombies and see where they are D:. you know, I can't have my flashlight on one hand, and do some punching in the eye of the zombies with one of my arms, because god said that "Men needs to hold tah flashlight tight with their two hands!"

And so it goes when I have a pistol, why I can't have a pistol in one hand, and have my flashlight in other?

I suggest to the awesome developers of DayZ (This game is f***king addictive, even on it's Alpha o_O') to put two hands, on the inventory, instead of just one, you know... this probably would solve the problem! :D. (Sure, there is loads of details I've jumped, like the trouble it would give to the animators and scripters, and shit. But this is my suggestion.) Cya guys.

Yeah man, i forgot to mention this, why not put the flashlight on the straps of the backpack as a attachment depending on the backpack you have.

There is no real reason to discuss this, you pretty much covered it. Flashlights are one handed. Why is the other hand made useless while you use it?

Isn't it obvious? The damn thing's too heavy for just one hand to lift!

• Like 1

Agree that flashlight should be one-handed and should be able to be equipped with other one handed items like the machete.  However, the game doesn't have the functionality currently to have two separate items in hands at the same time.  They have to be combined items currently, so I have the feeling this wouldn't be a small change.  

• Like 1

Think about it, having the flashlight in this way, we could open lots of new opportunities, like walking around with dual wielded pistols :D

The flashlight has pistol animations as a placeholder for now. I'm sure sure they'll improve down the road.

These would be great to see..

jsw_hb_7-291x188.jpg

Chapman.jpg

jsw_hb_4-295x190.jpg

• Like 2

You got a point here, flashlight should be one handed.

(I just found an head-flashlight thingy btw eheh)

I think it's because it's so easy to find a FNX45 and a pistol flashlight, or because they couldn't find a use for the other hand since all melee weapons back when the game came out were two-handed. Now, since you can find duct tape and rope, it would be nice to be able to tie the flashlight to a gun or be able to hold it like TIC321 suggested.

• Like 2

Maybe in the future. If they can make any type of gesture at any time, I'm sure they can do the same with holding objects differently in each hand.

Holding a flashlight with 2 hands seems too "old-school" from the mod days. This could be improved in the retail version :)

• Like 1