Sign in to follow this  
dayzhopeful

Constantly sick

I am constantly getting sick on the experimental server. I was dying of starvation and i managed to cure it and i ate a rotten bannana but i drunk lots to throw it up. I no longer have the sick message but my man is not healing, my energy and hydration are both light green and i should be healing, has anyone else experienced this bug.???

Also i keep getting this message at the bottom of my screen.

I feel unsteady (that's new to me)

I feel light headed.

I do not have food poisining, i made myself throw up. I have no sick status.

Edited by dayzhopeful

You gave yourself food poisoning. Eat a charcoal tab (or die).

I don't think it is. I don't have a sick status and i made myself throw up by over drinking

and i ate a rotten bannana

Hahahaha... good thinking.

Go hug a zombie. You'll get a trip to the beach afterwards. Don't worry about packing. You'll get a flashlight and a battery once you arrive.

• Like 1

I ate the wrong berry one time.

Started getting those same messages. The unsteady/light headed messages.

I was able to cure it by constantly staying hydrated and energized. It took a couple hours. I also took some antibiotics just in case...I didn't have any charcoal.

Worked for me on the previous experimental build. I don't think it has changed.

Hahahaha... good thinking.

Go hug a zombie. You'll get a trip to the beach afterwards. Don't worry about packing. You'll get a flashlight and a battery once you arrive.

No need to be so rude to players, teach them instead, we were all bad when we started.

No need to be so rude to players, teach them instead, we were all bad when we started.

Dude has 220 posts on these boards.

He ate a rotten piece of food to cure hunger.

Hahahaha... [ahem]  hahahahahaha...

• Like 2

Hahahaha... [ahem] hahahahahaha...

It still doesnt justify laughing at him imo. In general people who laugh when others make a mistake are trying to make themselves look better than others no matter what.

But I dont want to start judging other people, none of my business.

Edited by So Sexy

It still doesnt justify laughing at him imo. In general people who laugh when others make a mistake are trying to make themselves look better than others no matter what.

This was like, a first day screw up for me. Live and learn, or don't and die. It's a survival game after all, and he broke like rule number 2.

Don't worry about it dude it was either that or starve, i know how to play the game. This guy is just clueless throwing around insults because he has issues in his own real life.

Guys i have over 200 hours on this game i am not a noob, it was either eat the rotten banana or die of starvation and that is not an over exaggeration. The difference being i thought i could just make my self sick to get rid of it but it does not seem to work like that on the experimental it just keeps putting it off so i think it is actually a new feature rather then a bug.

Edited by dayzhopeful

You are still mildly sick.

Continue staying hydrated and fed. 

This is what i have been doing, i suppose i just keep doing this until i find charcoal tabs or antibiotics. My guess is this is added on purpose so sickness is harder to cure.

This is what i have been doing, i suppose i just keep doing this until i find charcoal tabs or antibiotics. My guess is this is added on purpose so sickness is harder to cure.

Once it starts saying something along the lines of "I feel exhausted", that means it's about over. There are particular stages of sickness.

A good place to look might be the dayz wiki, or the Reddit Rescue Team manual. Both helped me diagnose how to proceed with first aid.

Get well soon! :D  

Once it starts saying something along the lines of "I feel exhausted", that means it's about over. There are particular stages of sickness.

A good place to look might be the dayz wiki, or the Reddit Rescue Team manual. Both helped me diagnose how to proceed with first aid.

Get well soon! :D  

Thanks for all your help bro and everyone else who tried being helpful. I found some antibiotics and took one every ten minutes and after about an hour sick dissapeared and then i started getting some color back.

Problem solved.

so to summarize for everyone you cant get rid of sickness by throwing up anymore but you can hold it off until, you find a cure.

Dude can't read.

he has issues in his own real life.

Oh for the love of Pete...

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Status_Effects#Sick

Sick

Symptoms Can be caused by several different conditions. And is possible to have several sickness effects stacked on top of each other.

Over eating - Vomiting

Light Food Poisoning - Strange taste in mouth messages. "I'm feeling nauseous" in WHITE text. Blood loss and increased water loss.

Medium Food Poisoning - Strange taste in mouth messages. "I'm feeling nauseous" in RED text. Blood loss and increased water loss. Vomiting

Chemical Poisoning - Strange taste in mouth messages. "I'm feeling nauseous" in RED text. Rapid blood and health loss. Greatly increased water loss. Repeated vomiting.

Blood Type Incompatibility - Death

Causes Over eating - Eating too much food.

Light Food poisoning - 50% chance from eating rotten fruit or 75% from drinking Alcohol Tincture.

Medium Food Poisoning - 5% chance from eating rotten fruit or 20% chance from Alcohol Tincture

Chemical Poisoning - 100% chance from consuming Disinfectant Spray

Blood Type Incompatibility - Having incompatible blood transfused into you.

Treatment Over eating - Stop eating food for a few minutes. Until the vomiting passes. Roughly 30 min should be enough.

Food Poisoning - Consume Charcoal tablets. The sickness status will remain for a few minutes, but the food poisoning effects will cease.

Chemical Poisoning - No way to cure. Only way to survive, is to endure it. Being in healthy status and consuming water regularly, should allow you to toughen it out. If you're not in healthy status, then this will most likely lead to death.

Blood Type Incompatibility - No treatment possible. Be sure to always test each other’s blood, before transfusing blood.

Thank you google!

Oh for the love of Pete...

Thank you google!

Why would i use Google when i can ask someone with experience and i solved the problem, did you not bother to read the thread before you posted otherwise you would have learned something.

FAIL

You wont become a moderator as you can not comprehend basic reading skills so you might as well give up now.

Edited by dayzhopeful

You wont become a moderator so you might as well give up now.

but my application?!? They said they'd read my application!!!

• Like 1

Before: You wont become a moderator so you might as well give up now.

After: You wont become a moderator as you can not comprehend basic reading skills so you might as well give up now.

Nice edit. Thank you for taking the time to expand on your zinger.

It took you an hour to get yoiur answer on the boards. It took me 2 minutes to use google.

Your choice, slick.

My friend ate an rotten kivi in pure panic cause of near death by starvation, And he got sick AKA food poisoning. (google FTW)

we found Charcoal tables that was pristine conditon and at 100%, he ate them all in panic and the Texts in the bottom left corner ceaced to show but it says that he is still sick.
He has been drinking and eating alot since
(we have played like 10 H after he ate the charcoal tables and he still have Sick status in the inventory menu). 

So im wondering, Is it a bug? or is he still sick?

I have over 560 posts on these boards and started playing DayZ SA a week ago - what's your point?

edit.  Got the wrong end of the stick and jumped to a conclusion.  Deleted to save face

Edited by Jolunn

Why would i use Google when i can ask someone with experience and i solved the problem, did you not bother to read the thread before you posted otherwise you would have learned something.

FAIL

You wont become a moderator as you can not comprehend basic reading skills so you might as well give up now.

was with you till this post. If you are too lazy to do your own research then dont expect anything but troll posts in the future. It would have been alot faster to use google.

Edited by Chucknorris405
  • Like 1