Sign in to follow this  
brazorf

Movement clatter and sounds

I've seen topics about shoes and footsteps, but i would like to go deeper in this.

I suggest every item you are equipped with should contribute to the clatter you are doing while moving.

We're full geared guys in there, with backpacks, axes, guns, bottles, etc., so it would be impossible

to walk totally quiet, even on bare feet.

So, you want to sneak around me and cut my throat? Ok, but you should store your noisy gear

somewhere, wear silent shoes, and come to get me. Then, you go get your gear back, if it's still there.

Letting things simple from a dev point of view, items should have a clatter attribute, and your

factor would be the plain sum of your gear clattering. The higher, the noiser footsteps.

I always thought there should be the sound of a waterbottle swishing around if you had one.

I always thought there should be the sound of a waterbottle swishing around if you had one.

That's not my waterbottle!!!

[ok, I have no idea what that means... apologies]

100mph tape = noise reduction

canteens or water bottles, best way to make silent is to keep them full.

Seems like a lot of work to add without also adding a way to reduce it within reason. You can hear me coming in my assault pack because I don't have it taped up. You wouldn't be able to hear me with my ruck or aid bag till I was on top of you though. Just doesn't make complete sense to me to say just because you've got a bunch of stuff you're going to become a marching band.

Prime example, pill bottle w/o cotton vs pill bottle w/ cotton in it. The former is insanely loud while moving in comparison to the latter.