bergerlu

Remove guns from the game.

As the title says, if this game wants to be something truly special and stand out from the crowd, it needs to remove guns.

When I saw an article about this game, I was excited because it felt like it was something really new and special. And it was at first, when I had no weapons and was fleeing zombies, swimming to small islands to save my skin.

Then I got guns and other people got guns and I realized this was just a standard shooter in a very big map.

I would suggest instead of guns create a huge inventory of melee weapons (and of course improve melee combat). That way, you have to get closer to people and have more interactions with them. Survival needs be harder. Food and water would need to be more scarce. Zombies much harder. That would force people working together, but you could still get axed in the back which is okay since you would at least be able to judge if you trust someone or not and let them come close to you.

Seriously this game right now feels like COD only you see someone every 5 hours or so.

• Like 2

Yeah I mean lets remove cities and other players too! That sounds good to me :)

• Like 10

Yeah You just pretty much described what is going to happen to the game over the course of development, gun's will become more and more rare as improvised weapons get introduced.

And after they have removed the guns you come here talking about removing melee weapons.

Try to life with the fact that there are guns. If they remove them than you'll see a massive drop in players and maybe sales.

• Like 2

Guns don't need removed, they just need to be made rare and the ammo even rarer.  

• Like 6

C'mon..I mean zombie apocalypse without guns?  :rolleyes:

Want to try to talk do zeds, convincing them to not eat your brain  :P

Edit: Maybe the devs should consider adding singleplayer mode for those who are just overwhelmed by multiplayer capacities  :D

Edited by TiKilla

C'mon..I mean zombie apocalypse without guns?  :rolleyes:

Want to try to talk do zeds, convincing them to not eat your brain  :P

Why not have a chainsaw that you could only operate if you have fuel ? Or a lawn mower, like in Dead Alive ? No need to talk to them with that.

As the old adage goes "Guns don't kill people, people kill people", so with that in mind I think the solution is to remove the players from the game, not the guns.

• Like 7

As the old adage goes "Guns don't kill people, people kill people", so with that in mind I think the solution is to remove the players from the game, not the guns.

OP does not suggest removing PvP, or proposes coop gameplay. He proposes melee and improvised weapons combat instead of firearms. Which sounds quite fun.

However, the game needs to cater to the shooter demographic

• Like 1

OP does not suggest removing PvP, or proposes coop gameplay. He proposes melee and improvised weapons combat instead of firearms. Which sounds quite fun.

I apologise if my comments were taken in any way seriously. I'll add more sarcasm in the future. ;)

Personally I don't want any military weapons in the game, but that's a minority view.

Sounds like Dead Island the MMO. The pinnacle of realism.... or something.

Honestly removing guns would be very unrealistic and take away from that constant stress of "am i in someones cross hairs" I think the point is you "can" die at any time from some guy sitting in a bush or a sniper on the hill... keeps the stress level up even when doing a boring run from Solnichney to NEAF that and when they add animals how the hell are you going to sneak up on a deer and kill him with your axe... wtf 

They spawn a bunch right now because they want stuff used and tested for all bugs. If they are rare we can't do that. Why do you think when a new gun comes out they spawn all over? They need us to test them. Once beta comes out they will be heavily reduced, so calm down.

And if you remove guns, players will try to kill each other with bows and stones. People are the a-holes, not the guns.

• Like 1