Sign in to follow this  
Sunslayer

Your Rage Quit Moments

I'm sure we have at least had it once, moments where we get so frustrated or angry that we immediately Alt+F4. I have only been playing a little more than a week and I've already had two. Both times were related to broken legs due to glitch. The first is when I was running along the road in the bushes towards Stary Sabor, when out of random my toon groaned and laid prone in the ground. I realized my leg had been broken by those infamous sharp grass everyone had been talking about. However, I wasn't worried at that point, knowing I had two morphine pen in my first aid kit. I was instantly enraged when I dropped the kit on the ground to open its contents. The kit simply disappeared in the grass, leaving me stranded in the middle of nowhere. I cursed like a sailor and closed the game right then and there.

Second is when I was looting Balota airfield, where I was going through the MP building near the west side of the airfield. I struck gold in that particular run, finding a compass, handcuffs, ACOG scope, TTsKO pants and FNX 45 all in pristine condition. I put all my new loot inside the pants and decided to go downstairs. As I turn around to leave, the dreaded groan was heard again. Screen went grey for a second and my legs were broken for no reason. Worst of all, everything I picked up was just ruined in the pants. I used my last morphine too, and was basically stuck in a kill zone. That was my second rage quit in that week.

You story?

No rage quit.

No alt f4.

Not even once.

If you would have waited a minute that kit you dropped would have popped up ;)

• Like 3

One time this guy came up to me and was all nice to me.. He wouldn't rape or torture me.. That made me rage quit.. 

Well yesterday i respawned and run to airfield it took me like 30 mins to get there cuz i got lose, yea i know im new here. And i finally got some clothes and m4 ...etc and then i got shot by a dude. He said OH SHIT I SHOT YOU IM SO SORRY YOU'RE BLEEDING YOU NEED BANDAGE! DO YOU HAVE BANDAGE? CUZ I DONT! and while i was running to find a bandage a fully equipped guy spawn or walked through a wall? and killed me with m4... then i was like fuck it lets go for it again. And i respawned again and it took me a little less time to find that airfield and i got some items and weapons... etc then i was checking airfield's tower for food and found nice pristine soldier helmet and wore it then went to the roof and i found hunters backpack so i took and i was trying to get my items from my old backpack, suddenly BAM.... You're Dead. I was like HOLY FUCKING SHIT ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Cuz server had only 3 players and i even changed server to less players server and i got sniped! Yeap i rage quitted. 

Well yesterday i respawned and run to airfield it took me like 30 mins to get there cuz i got lose, yea i know im new here. And i finally got some clothes and m4 ...etc and then i got shot by a dude. He said OH SHIT I SHOT YOU IM SO SORRY YOU'RE BLEEDING YOU NEED BANDAGE! DO YOU HAVE BANDAGE? CUZ I DONT! and while i was running to find a bandage a fully equipped guy spawn or walked through a wall? and killed me with m4... then i was like fuck it lets go for it again. And i respawned again and it took me a little less time to find that airfield and i got some items and weapons... etc then i was checking airfield's tower for food and found nice pristine soldier helmet and wore it then went to the roof and i found hunters backpack so i took and i was trying to get my items from my old backpack, suddenly BAM.... You're Dead. I was like HOLY FUCKING SHIT ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Cuz server had only 3 players and i even changed server to less players server and i got sniped! Yeap i rage quitted. 

TBH you were at the airfield...you gotta expect that.

• Like 1

once, years ago in the mod over a wee white UAZ i'd spent hours fixing up & a mate stole it. Another of our crew turned up with a Blackhawk & we chased him down and lit him up with m240.  He was in TS the whole time saying nothing as it was only a bitta craic for him. I was fecking seething tbh! had to take my dogs for a walk to calm down, where I thought about it and then promptly wised the fuck up, came back and just assassinated him in the lumber yard in Berezino. 

Every time I die in DayZ i get pissed off and stop playing. And then I start another life within an hour. Repeat every time I die.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Rage quit? No.

But sometimes after dying, for reasons like glitches when you're fully geared, you just need to take a break to start over.

Even if it's Alpha, you still spend time on your char.

Because let's be honest, the first times you play DayZ you DO get attached to your gear as you don't know where to find anything, you don't learn not to get attached to your gear because some "pros" told you in the forums, you learn it by yourself with hours of gameplay.

Now, I don't really care when I die, I know where to find what I need, and how to. I used to get geared up in like 2 hours, with M4's, ammo..now it's a little more difficult with military gear but it's still not difficult.

I have never rage quit in this game... Been frustrated, but that's about it. Usually caused by silly things like the melee system or game glitches. There was an instance where a friend and I had logged into a 38/40 in sniper positions around Electro. I was up on the sniper hill with a decent load-out including the mosin/compensator/long range scope/bipod, and was spotting a target that had engaged my friend outside the city. I was getting ready to fire a round, when i heard footsteps, and before i could really react I was axed to death. My friend looked up at my position and took out one of two bandits, but when i got back up there my body had been looted and hidden, and there were two other bodies around, no loot though. So, I went off into the woods to find this jerk who stole my Mosin. He was a little ways into the woods, prone and looking for my friend who shot his, and I approached him from behind. My friend couldnt locate the guy, so I decided to go in there and knock him out.. I should have been able to, the dude was wearing a beanie on his head, so I figured it would be easy... Holy balls, it was the most frustrating thing I have yet to encounter in the game. Since he was prone, I wasnt able to hit his head, I was hitting his shoulders and back It looked like, but couldnt connect with his head. I even moved from his front left to front right, punching the whole time, but he never got knocked out and after maybe 6 punches he put a round into me and killed me. Talk about complete chit.. I've been knocked out with a single punch and yet couldnt manage it on some prone turd.. Totally aggravating. 

my wife pissing me of in the middle of a fight because she has the urge to TALK right when im in the middle of a fight 

• Like 2

Never, ever.

I did quit once though. When I got bored of being chased by 2 bigboys with Baseball bats.. After 20min of running, I just got tired of it. But I was new spawned so.. what the heck!

Never done it, though with my ATI GPU I have hit the P.C reset button many times during play cursing because my game still crashes way too often.

Fecking crashes are doing my head in.

Rage quit after I die. Because I done fucked up. Usually scold myself but hindsight is 20/20.

my wife pissing me of in the middle of a fight because she has the urge to TALK right when im in the middle of a fight 

Never when you're running thru the country side doing nothing, I swear it's like they are psychic.

Closest I get to rage quitting is when I die and I'm just like "ahh fuck" and stop playing for a while, but that's if I've been playing or ages and need a break anyway.

Edited by Window Licker

I had just got back from balota airfeild, had weapons and nice gear. I was running around in elektro and starting get shot at from these 2 guys. I didn't have my gun out, was kinda in the open, and there was 2 of them. I started hauling ass, trying to lose them in between houses. But of course, i can't fucking jump over the fence, so I slow vault over it like a jack ass and get shot. 

But I'm still alive so I keep running. Eventually i almost make it to the trees. I will lose them here easily. Oh but wait, there a fucking .00001 degree incline change so i better start fucking walking up this hill. They manage to get another shot on me and it breaks my leg. Fuck. I get behind a tree. Then, some fresh spawn, or one of these guys' friends starts punching me to death. I have an axe, try to stand up but "c" won't fucking let me stand up. WTF why can't i stand up! (turns out i think they changed that in experimental, you can only go to crouch with broken legs now). So i was like wtf. Eventually i got into crouch mode and kill him but all hope is lost by now the guys with guns are right next to me. Bam im dead.

That pissed me off quite a bit.

my story happened yesterday. and its actually the first death i really went mad on.

i wont tell the long story.

but there was a glitcher in the far east building of NEAF.

i enter the building, i was like fully equipped since 4 days or so, and i hear shots, dont

see anybody, realize he is hitting me. dead.

i never had problems with kos.

but glitchers. they are just scum that need to get over their ridiculous penis size.

There are no rage quit moments in DayZ, unless you get too attached to your precious kit.

Also, don't drop a medkit on the ground, just hold it in your hands.

evry time i get shot i go to ze forums and rage, if i die due to an glitch i go to ze forums and rage, so yah, im a hero you see, i even always yell friendly but the hackers still kill me!