Lordocalot

Rain looks bad.

Im not really moaning because i know its alpha, but dean should change the rain effects, it looks like it only rains in a 5m radius.

7aWfz.png

They should try to affect the envoirment by rain (texture of the road changes and so on.)

I dunno, I thought it looked rather good considering the base engine is about five years old.

It'd be cool, but I'm pretty indifferent about it.

Edited by Rhodes

Im not crying because of the quality, im crying about the range the rain looks like. Its like theres a cloud above you which only rains where you actually are.

Im not crying because of the quality, im crying about the range the rain looks like. Its like theres a cloud above you which only rains where you actually are.

Perhaps that is the reason, to reflect the psychological state of a person being in the middle of a zombie-apocalypse..  :P

• Like 2

We all know that the RV Engine is not state of the art. I personally think that the rain is fine as it is atm. you just cant compare the engines.

Also i really dont get the feeling that it only rains in a close area to me.

Edited by Sloddor

It is to reduce lag and load on the cpu, would you rather have rain decals in a 3000 m radius and make your computer die?

• Like 1

Out of interest what was the official reason, if any, for DayZ using RV3 rather than 4 (which powers Arma3). For example we know that the dev team have been working on dynamic lighting to fit into DayZ yet dynamic lighting is part of RV4 "as default".

Not complaining, just wondering if there was ever an official line on the engine chosen?

Out of interest what was the official reason, if any, for DayZ using RV3 rather than 4 (which powers Arma3). For example we know that the dev team have been working on dynamic lighting to fit into DayZ yet dynamic lighting is part of RV4 "as default".

Not complaining, just wondering if there was ever an official line on the engine chosen?

It's best not to ask for logical explanations for seemingly illogical choices made by the Dev Team, the locals will get restless and attempt to burn you at the stake. I questioned Dean about it before, because I was very disappointed at the choice to use DX9 for lighting. Dean told me that DX11 could have been implemented if they'd spent an extra year and a half or so in development time.

Logic... don't expect it around these parts, Pilgrim.

It is to reduce lag and load on the cpu, would you rather have rain decals in a 3000 m radius and make your computer die?

I have a titan, thats all i need to say. In ArmA II the rain was fine, and here its total bullshit.

Don't say this much but....alpha ;)

This is the first implementation of the redone rain so we might expect some improvments over the next months. Maybe they could find some ways to make it more immersive another way. Maybe with sounds, say a more "squelchy" sound as if you were running through mud, applied when on rough terrain. Also a splash sound underfoot on concrete surfaces.

If they could do it, adding some puddle overlays to fields and roads when it rains would be nice. Id also go for a different rain overlay when under the tree canopy, with fatter raindrops falling less frequently :)

I have a titan, thats all i need to say. In ArmA II the rain was fine, and here its total bullshit.

GTX ???ti what? Ain't gonna do shit if the game isn't optimized properly yet.

He'll probably tell you that he's got a beast computer that can't die..

*edit add*

Infact, he did. 

Edited by Nainakai

I would personally like to see rain in about a 30-50 meter radius around me. Would be nice to be able to go in a house and see it raining outside too.

Not everyone has the most expensive GPU on the market, you know.

Im not really moaning because i know its alpha, but dean should change the rain effects, it looks like it only rains in a 5m radius.

They should try to affect the envoirment by rain (texture of the road changes and so on.)

If you have a suggestion to make then make a suggestion and post it in the "suggestions" thread.  

Edited by iBane