Sign in to follow this  
beshere

Visible player tags

Hello all!

They said - we need some reputation status to determine what expect from our visavi. Now all we can to protect ourselfs - kill on sight everybody with weapons.

But reputation - is too MMO-styled thing. I think developers just can add possibility to view others player's name and name or the player who killed you. Very soon you will know all bad and good guys on your server. The community can make a "black list" and "white list" on this forum and problem is solved.

Edited by beshere

Poor idea and never going to happen.

The only way this would be acceptable is if you had to shake hands with the other player. When you shake hands with someone it would give you a message. Maybe something like "You shook hands with xXxWilliam98xXx".

• Like 1

and what if i change nicname every time i log in? problem ?

and what if i change nicname every time i log in? problem ?

Tbh it doesnt matter really.

If people build a rep with a name, they are gonna wanna use it, or conceal it, theres nothing to do about that.

You can change name ingame and you can change your Steam name, this will most likely never change.

Im all for shaking hands and getting the other players name, it should be the ONLY way of optaining information about anyone else.

This way people can do it if they want, or simply kill you and you will never know who it was.

The only way this would be acceptable is if you had to shake hands with the other player. When you shake hands with someone it would give you a message. Maybe something like "You shook hands with xXxWilliam98xXx".

Something like this would be nice.

Or maybe if you could have something like friend lists. i.e. If both agree on beeing friends, you would see each others name tag if they are nearer than a few meters. In RL you also could tell friends apart if they are nearby. ...then again, of course, you know your enimies as well when they are near. ^^

Something like this would be nice.

Or maybe if you could have something like friend lists. i.e. If both agree on beeing friends, you would see each others name tag if they are nearer than a few meters. In RL you also could tell friends apart if they are nearby. ...then again, of course, you know your enimies as well when they are near. ^^

Well, not if they kill you ;)

But yeh, it would be nice to have some kind of greeting, which then enables a nametag for both players, only visible within 5m or so.

But yeh, it would be nice to have some kind of greeting, which then enables a nametag for both players, only visible within 5m or so.

This sounds reasonable. I remember back in the mod when I was playing on a customized Namalsk server where you could tag your friends by standing next to them and choosing "Tag as friendly" from the action menu. After that the other player was notified about this and if he tagged you as friendly, a red ball was attached to both players model that could be seen from some distance if nothing obstructed your view. This wasn't permanent though and you had to do it all over again everytime you reconnected to the server.

Something similiar could be done with the name tags and propably wouldn't cause too much flak from people.