Sign in to follow this  
chezzprinn

Mortal wounding and internal Bleeding

Kind of a simple suggestion,really. I think that more variation in the way you are wounded in a fight with another player through a slightly deeper injury system would make pvp that much more intense.

I suggest that the possibility of either becoming mortally wounded or suffering internal bleeding after being shot/axed/can-openered would add a nice higher risk factor to conflict.

It could be as simple as adding another modifier [Mortally Wounded/Internally Bleeding] to the player's status after being hit in a certain area (chest) or by a certain calibre weapon that stays with them until they die from it, (it would be random,of course) or as complex as having different types of internal injuries (lungs,stomach,intestines) lead to varying times of death, with characters who have been hit in places like the stomach/intestines periodically crumpling/falling over due to intense pain before dying a slow,agonizing death a short distance away from where they were shot in contrast to characters hit in the throat/lungs gasping for air and coughing up blood whilst squirming on the floor. Accompanying animations/audio effects would be pretty cool as well. So would blood trails, but I don't know whether that'd be possible.

I feel that a lot of fights end up with both parties being shot, but only one surviving thanks to his insta-heal bandage, even if he was hit directly in the chest. Picture this:

Imagine you're scavenging through Elektro with a mate. You make a quick pass of the school but are ambushed by another player. Your mate is hit in the throat and goes down, his character gurgling and writhing on the floor while you are hit in the stomach. Your character falls to the floor as well, but you quickly make it back up and find cover. You can barely see as your character is in a great deal of pain/shock and you know you're about to die, but you decide to take whoever shot you with you into the inky black. You bandage up to stop the external bleeding, even though you know you're screwed anyway and make your way around and into the school--your character falls again as legs are failing him. You find el bandito smugly rearranging his inventory in one of the school rooms and blast the fucker. The last of your character's strength fails him and he falls into unconsciousness and the death but at least you got your revenge.

Having a chance for bullets to become lodged in a character, requiring the need to be pulled out with pliers lest the character remain in constant pain and run the risk of infection,would be a nice addition as well.

What do you guys think?

Edited by chezzprinn

This would be neat, but I don't know if they can even get that in-depth.

I don't think ACE even has that kind of damage modelling. Someone can correct me on this, but I'm pretty sure it's basic first aid stuff that cures most things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for accurate damage models, but this seems like a ways off.

On a side note...your text is kinda hard to read. With it being a few shades lighter than the background. Maybe I'm getting old, but it's distracting.

This would be neat, but I don't know if they can even get that in-depth.

I don't think ACE even has that kind of damage modelling. Someone can correct me on this, but I'm pretty sure it's basic first aid stuff that cures most things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for accurate damage models, but this seems like a ways off.

On a side note...your text is kinda hard to read. With it being a few shades lighter than the background. Maybe I'm getting old, but it's distracting.

It doesn't have to take the complex route, they could just implement a random chance that you'll get a 'mortally wounded' status after being hit in the chest/back/wherever .

Sorry about the text, btw, didn't know the default colour was the same as the background.

I see.

The only problem I foresee is that many people would be pissed that they know they are going to die and have to wait it out. You know?

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

I'm curious to see what others think about this as well.

This is a nice idea but I tend to agree with Rhodes on pretty much everything he says.. Having it for hardcore only servers would be great, but that's a monumental amount of work for a minority of players. 
Having to pull out bullets could still be implemented though, but just with a risk of infection if it isn't done hygienically, IE alcohol tincure and fire to sterilise any medical equipment going inside the body; obviously some parts of the body could be more troublesome than others, such as the ribs, which could still lead to infection, but legs and arms being relatively easy to clear out and clean. Hell maybe even throw some alcohol in game to increase pain tolerance for these surgeries so that you can stay conscious, or drinking enough to be deliberately unconscious and be revived by a buddy.